Board index » SDC Worlds » The Mechanoids®

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:42 pm

Champion

Comment: Old Ones officially downgraded from 'Great' to 'Adequate'
The Oracle mechanoid seems like the greatest threat to the others because of its attitude and because it can disconnect itself from the main collective at will. They also have incredible psionics, far and above the rest.

One possible scenario to defeat the Mechanoids would be to subvert several Oracles to one's cause (ie. not wiping out all humanoids) and then let them spread this to other Oracles. Sure it would take time and may only be possible on one ship and/or invaded planet, but I think if it was possible the Oracles could be a powerful ally of humanoids.

What do you think?

sexykitty wrote:
Spoken by the guy the who gives legal advice to the Devils Advocate. lol :ok: :ok:

Carl Gleba wrote:
You gotta love Snuzzels. He's the snoop dog of the forums :ok:

CS Special Forces wrote:
Little Snuzzles..your my hero! :ok:

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:59 pm

Palladin

Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.
a demons way to the inside? I LIKE IT!

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:03 am

Champion

Depends on whether you're doing a vanilla Mechanoids RPG campaign, or Mechanoids in Rifts. In the Mechanoids setting the answer is "hell yeah it's possible". In Rifts the answer is a big fat no, because an Oracle rebellion already happened in the backstory, and when the other Mechanoids won they redesigned several castes (including the Oracle caste) to reduce independent thought and remove the capacity to dissent.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:35 pm

Champion

Rallan wrote:
Depends on whether you're doing a vanilla Mechanoids RPG campaign, or Mechanoids in Rifts.

"vanilla Mechanoids" - LMAO :lol: - I don't even want to go there. :wink:

Quote:
In the Mechanoids setting the answer is "hell yeah it's possible".

Actually, that's what I was thinking: if a team of Esper's could somehow isolate an Oracle and talk to it long enough to influence it's thinking, it might start a rebellion in the ranks.

Quote:
In Rifts the answer is a big fat no, because an Oracle rebellion already happened in the backstory, and when the other Mechanoids won they redesigned several castes (including the Oracle caste) to reduce independent thought and remove the capacity to dissent.

Hmm. I didn't know this. Where is this info?

sexykitty wrote:
Spoken by the guy the who gives legal advice to the Devils Advocate. lol :ok: :ok:

Carl Gleba wrote:

CS Special Forces wrote:

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:52 pm

Knight

Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith
Little Snuzzles wrote:
Rallan wrote:
In Rifts the answer is a big fat no, because an Oracle rebellion already happened in the backstory, and when the other Mechanoids won they redesigned several castes (including the Oracle caste) to reduce independent thought and remove the capacity to dissent.

Rifts Sourcebook 2: The Mechaniods

It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:43 pm

Champion

Damian Magecraft wrote:
Little Snuzzles wrote:
Rallan wrote:

Ah. I don't have that one. All I have is The Mechanoids Trilogy.

Does it have much more new info than the book I currently have?

sexykitty wrote:

Carl Gleba wrote:

CS Special Forces wrote:

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:57 pm

Champion

Little Snuzzles wrote:
Damian Magecraft wrote:
Little Snuzzles wrote:
Rallan wrote:

Ah. I don't have that one. All I have is The Mechanoids Trilogy.

Does it have much more new info than the book I currently have?

On the setting front it has next to nothing. Rifts Mechanoids is basically a toybook, not a setting book, and all the information about the Mechanoids is jammed into a little section at the start which explains their origins, their apparent demise (an Oracle-led civil war which ended with the traditionalists winning and redesigning the entire Mechanoid race to be even more conformist and xenocidal than before), and a contrived plot point to explain how a small army of the damn things has found its way to Rifts Earth. Then its just stats, stats, and more stats, accompanied by Newton Ewell artwork of the redesigned Mechanoids that craps all over the art from the original trilogy.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:59 pm

Palladin

Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.
i liked the original mechanoid trilogy books.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:05 pm

Demon Lord Extraordinaire

Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?
Little Snuzzles wrote:
Rallan wrote:
Depends on whether you're doing a vanilla Mechanoids RPG campaign, or Mechanoids in Rifts.

Uh, that just means you'd be playing/running a game only using stuff from the Mechanoids setting. Nothing from SB2, or any other Palladium game.

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:17 am

Explorer

Rallan wrote:
On the setting front it has next to nothing. Rifts Mechanoids is basically a toybook, not a setting book, and all the information about the Mechanoids is jammed into a little section at the start which explains their origins, their apparent demise (an Oracle-led civil war which ended with the traditionalists winning and redesigning the entire Mechanoid race to be even more conformist and xenocidal than before), and a contrived plot point to explain how a small army of the damn things has found its way to Rifts Earth. Then its just stats, stats, and more stats, accompanied by Newton Ewell artwork of the redesigned Mechanoids that craps all over the art from the original trilogy.

Yup it is a fluff book about 15 odd pages of story and 3 or so pages of that is of the history and update for the mechanoids, well at least it has a Spider Fortress well 1/4 of one...ie it is heavily damaged and not in full function..

But the Brute type 2 was cool looking...

This is your life - It doesn't get any better than this - You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake - You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else - We are all part of the same compost heap - We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world........

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:51 pm

Champion

Rallan wrote:

Thanks for the info. I guess I'm glad that Kevin & I had the same idea about the Oracles rebelling.

On the other hand, the book doesn't sound like it has much to offer me personally; I'm very happy with the original Mechanoids. Also, I think the Oracles are important and would't want to get rid of them.

sexykitty wrote:

Carl Gleba wrote:

CS Special Forces wrote:

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:53 pm

Champion

The Beast wrote:
Little Snuzzles wrote:
Rallan wrote:

Uh, that just means you'd be playing/running a game only using stuff from the Mechanoids setting. Nothing from SB2, or any other Palladium game.

Yeah, I know that. Duh.

(Note: It's ok not to be 100% literal at all times).

sexykitty wrote:

Carl Gleba wrote:

CS Special Forces wrote:

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:48 pm

Adventurer

Little Snuzzles wrote:
Rallan wrote:

Thanks for the info. I guess I'm glad that Kevin & I had the same idea about the Oracles rebelling.

On the other hand, the book doesn't sound like it has much to offer me personally; I'm very happy with the original Mechanoids. Also, I think the Oracles are important and would't want to get rid of them.

If you like the Mechanoids its a good book. All the mechanoids have updated stats and looks. The Oracles are still there, just redesigned so that another rebellion is impossible, and that they are dedicated to eradicating humanoids.

The book also has that a small percentage of mechanoids broke away, and now work against their race. So it opens the door for Rogue Mechanoids as PCs. It even suggests that a rogue Runner could possibly pick up a magic OCC.

Last edited by AzathothXy on Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:09 am

Champion

AzathothXy wrote:
It even suggests that a rogue Runner could possibly pick up a magic OCC.

If the Mechanoids ever get a hold of magic, then everyone is royally screwed. :D

sexykitty wrote:

Carl Gleba wrote:

CS Special Forces wrote:

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:30 am

Champion

Little Snuzzles wrote:
AzathothXy wrote:

If the Mechanoids ever get a hold of magic, then everyone is royally screwed. :D

Well, if they get one spell in particular. They're dangerous enough not to need most of what's in the spell list, but being able to open dimensional rifts would be a real doozy.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:40 am

Champion

Rallan wrote:
Little Snuzzles wrote:
AzathothXy wrote:

Well, if they get one spell in particular. They're dangerous enough not to need most of what's in the spell list, but being able to open dimensional rifts would be a real doozy.

You just gave me an idea for a new thread... :-D

sexykitty wrote:

Carl Gleba wrote:

CS Special Forces wrote: