Mechanoids vs The demon fleet

This is where you can all discuss our favorite nemesis ... The Mechanoids®, Enjoy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Who will win

Demons
23%
Mechanoids
77%

Total votes: 60

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Mechanoids vs The demon fleet

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

eliakon wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:
eliakon wrote:For the record I think that neither side would win. The Demons would have the initial advantage, which would last up until the Mechanoids mindrip the secrets of magic out of some Demonic flunky. Then the Mechanoids become a Megaversal Threat of epic proportions, and pretty much everyone and their god crawls out of the woodwork picking sides. The survivors of the resulting Armageddon can have fun restarting interdimensional civilization and pick names for the previous era, the war, and the current era.

Solid point here. Truthfully I took this, going on the title of the forum and the Dimensional Outbreak book, as fleet engagement. Who would win a war if the demons invaded Mechanoids universe. In that instance, I hold to my previous statement. However, I do not think the Mechanoids could wipe demons out and there is no way they could invade Hades or Dyval. So in that instance, I agree you could say that neither side could truly win.

I like the scenario of Megaversal Armageddon you generated. Very Babylon 5.

Yah its all fun and games till the Floopers wind up being the Last Race Standing, and become the new Elder Race for the Megavers 2.0 reboot :P

What's wrong with Furlings? :)
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
eliakon wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:
eliakon wrote:For the record I think that neither side would win. The Demons would have the initial advantage, which would last up until the Mechanoids mindrip the secrets of magic out of some Demonic flunky. Then the Mechanoids become a Megaversal Threat of epic proportions, and pretty much everyone and their god crawls out of the woodwork picking sides. The survivors of the resulting Armageddon can have fun restarting interdimensional civilization and pick names for the previous era, the war, and the current era.

Solid point here. Truthfully I took this, going on the title of the forum and the Dimensional Outbreak book, as fleet engagement. Who would win a war if the demons invaded Mechanoids universe. In that instance, I hold to my previous statement. However, I do not think the Mechanoids could wipe demons out and there is no way they could invade Hades or Dyval. So in that instance, I agree you could say that neither side could truly win.

Yah its all fun and games till the Floopers wind up being the Last Race Standing, and become the new Elder Race for the Megavers 2.0 reboot :P

What's wrong with Furlings? :)

Didn't their planet blow up?
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Warshield73 wrote:
eliakon wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:

Could be worse, could be wing tips as the new elder race.

Okay, so our Elder Races are
Floopers, Wing Tips, Slurmph, and the Fingletooth Carpetbaggers :lol:
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

eliakon wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:
eliakon wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:

Could be worse, could be wing tips as the new elder race.

Okay, so our Elder Races are
Floopers, Wing Tips, Slurmph, and the Fingletooth Carpetbaggers :lol:

No only one eldar race are supposed to be hopeless dorks that no one knows how the heck they survived.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Capt. Meschievitz
Explorer
Comment: You are the greatest project you will ever work on... never give up.

Unread post by Capt. Meschievitz »

8) Phase in :arrow:

poink here I am back in the Mechanoid space.... lol.
after 20 odd years of the same character time has come......
Kargan3033
Hero

Unread post by Kargan3033 »

I'd have to say the mechies on this one way to many of them and with them being loyal to one another far above to loyalty shown by mortals and demons/devils the demons/devils are not going to be able to tempt enough of the cog boys to make a difference before the mechies learn about rifts and drop in on hell/Dyvall(SP) for a *friendly*chat and sharing a six pack with the demons/devils.

The Mechies invading Hell and Dyvall(SP) now those would be a hell of a war(s) to be in.-
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Kargan3033 wrote:I'd have to say the mechies on this one way to many of them and with them being loyal to one another far above to loyalty shown by mortals and demons/devils the demons/devils are not going to be able to tempt enough of the cog boys to make a difference before the mechies learn about rifts and drop in on hell/Dyvall(SP) for a *friendly*chat and sharing a six pack with the demons/devils.

The Mechies invading Hell and Dyvall(SP) now those would be a hell of a war(s) to be in.-

Except mecchies can't use magic
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

After going back through this thread I think there's three main things in the favor of demons that have been either overlooked or missed entirely.

First there's the issue of magic. While it's not the ultimate weapon of doom in the demons' arsenal it is something that can throw any match in their favor when used properly. The Impervious to Energy spell alone would rend most (if not all) mechanoids weapon meaningless for the spell's duration. Furthermore, the evil mechanoids are forbidden from not only learning magic, but using it to open a rift as well (SB2, page 52). This brings me to my next point...

Dimensional travel. Every demon returns to Hades when it dies to be reborn, and can only be killed permanently in that dimension. That's going to help the demons tremendously. The demons will always be able to retreat to another dimension if whatever fight they're in goes badly for them even if they die. The only thing that would help the mechanoids in this case would be getting an "inhuman ally" to create rifts for them to go through. Even then, such a being would have to be non-humanoid/biped for them to be allied with the mechanoids (SB2, page 87), and would be considered an enemy if ever found to be helping humanoids/bipeds. That description includes deevils as well. The deevils might be able to get by convincing the mechanoids that they're not humanoid/biped for awhile, but it just takes one deevil (or a captured demon for that matter) to make the mistake of letting the mechanoids in on their true form before they all know about it. The mechanoids are a species that communicates psychically. One deevil makes that mistake and it gets passed around to the other mechanoids locally, eventually to a runner, brain, brute, overlord, or oracle and from there it ends up going to a brain pool. Once that happens evey mechanoid knows the truth and they reenact the Order 66 scene with the deevils. This kind of dove tails into my last point.

Everyone else in the Megaverse. Demons aren't stupid. Demons likely know which humanoid species the mechanoids ticked off the most, and are going to be able to either recruit from those species or trick into fighting the mechanoids on their own (Kittani are the first to come to mind). Other species might be able to be guilt-tripped into fighting them ("Well Mr. Cosmos-knight. You could stay and fight me, but there's a Spider Fortress about to crush that colony of settlers over there.") Either way, mechanoid threats are likely one of the few things that get people to team up with the demons to fight, kind of like what the US and Britain did with Stalin against Hitler in WW2.
Last edited by The Beast on Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

The Beast wrote: Furthermore, the evil mechanoids are forbidden from not only learning magic, but using it to open a rift as well (SB2, page 52).

What's the exact quote that you're referring to?

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

The Beast

Killer Cyborg wrote:
The Beast wrote: Furthermore, the evil mechanoids are forbidden from not only learning magic, but using it to open a rift as well (SB2, page 52).

"None will actively learn magic or how to use it to open a rift, because the pursuit of magic is forbidden."

I suppose there's a little leeway with the word "actively," so they might use a TW-device. However I'm of the opinion that once they knew for sure it was a magical device they'd stop using it.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

The Beast wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:

"None will actively learn magic or how to use it to open a rift, because the pursuit of magic is forbidden."

I suppose there's a little leeway with the word "actively," so they might use a TW-device. However I'm of the opinion that once they knew for sure it was a magical device they'd stop using it.

I always took this to mean that they would never do it themselves but they would allow non-humanoid allies, like a Neuron Beast, to do it for them.

I had always assumed that Mechanoids would never use TW gear. They would always know that it's magic as they all have object read or similar powers.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Killer Cyborg
Priest

The Beast wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:

Bizarre!
Is there any further explanation than that?

Apparently, if it's forbidden.

The Beast

Killer Cyborg wrote:
The Beast wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:

Bizarre!
Is there any further explanation than that?

Apparently, if it's forbidden.

I'm of the opinion that the evil mechanoids don't want their free-thinkers becoming too independent and end up rebelling against their idea of a humanoid/biped-free Megaverse like the original Oracles did.

Return to “The Mechanoids®”