Board index » SDC Worlds » The Mechanoids®

Post subject: Phi-Warper questions
Unread postPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:01 pm

Hero

Since work is being done on new Mechanoids books, I was wondering if more will be written on the Phi-Warpers, particularly their world and original appearance. In the Mechanoid Invasion Trilogy, it states that the Phi-Warpers are aquatic mammals similar to Earth dolphins with large eyes and good vision. That was before the Mechanoids came and altered them, but their ability to teleport and warp space was still there. Were their abilities themselves altered by the Mechanoids? Are there any Phi-Warpers left that resemble what they once looked like before the experimentation?

Also, given that they're aquatic humanoids similar to dolphins and whales, would the race have any abilities similar to a dolphin or whale like electromagnetic sensitivity, echolocation, etc.? And since they're like cetaceans and can warp space, does this mean the Phi-Warpers may somehow be related to another species with similar abilities to teleport and create gravity wells, namely the Void Whales from Aliens Unlimited Galaxy Guide?

Post subject: Re: Phi-Warper questions
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:38 am

D-Bee

From what I remember, the Phi-Warpers had abilities that the Mechanoids enhanced, so what they had before being changed is probaly far weaker, if not different than what the modified guys had.

I would like it if they had psionics and say could enter the astral plane to "swim" the planes or such, kind of like the whales of Catchalot (Alan Dean Foster).