Board index » SDC Worlds » The Mechanoids®

Unread postPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:20 pm

D-Bee

How should an AbM Mechanoid Player Character be portrait in Rifts?
In a Post 102 P.A. Mechanoid Invasion? From 103 - 109 P.A.

Considering that he is pretty much as close as you get to a lone-surviving member of his own race trapped on Rifts Earth since the failed Mechanoid Invasion of 102 P.A. and still alive today.

Despite his many run-ins with the Splugoth Minions, the Coaltion, Archie and his Bots, Shemarrians, Xiticix, The Federation, to getting trapped in Spicers RPG (the worst place to be trapped in),
to Dinosaur Swamp Adventures, the War of Tolkeen to the current Minion Wars and so forth…
He survive them all despite the 20 to 1 odds.

And how will the heroes of Rifts the Cyber Knights, Lazlo, D-bees community view our AbM Mechanoid Player Character? Will they embrace him - welcomed by them? or have them try to destroy him considering that he is a Mechanoid. A rather resourceful Mechanoid?

Unread postPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:40 pm

Hero

Comment: Killer of threads.
The ABMs were all based on "old" mechanoid designs and were quite different in tactics and outlook. There are so many new and different robot/cyborg designs that show up on Rifts earth that it is hard to match the ABMs to the evil mechanoids without having intimate knowledge of the two. Most people tend to be careful around strange robots/cyborgs bout generally don't attack them outright unless that's what they do generally.

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:08 am

D-Bee

darklon0877 wrote:
How should an AbM Mechanoid Player Character be portrait in Rifts?

When our GM updated his game to Rifts, one of the players wanted to run a AbM Runner. He had in mind a Techno-Wizard. As the game was being set up pre-SB2 they worked out the back story of it being rifted in a few years before and actually getting established and in a position of trust with several in Tolkeen (groups home base at the time). It worked out rather well, as I remember, it allowed some good role-playing especially once the bad guys were identified a few shakey encounters and quick thinking to avoid fights.

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:22 am

Champion

Anthar wrote:
The ABMs were all based on "old" mechanoid designs and were quite different in tactics and outlook. There are so many new and different robot/cyborg designs that show up on Rifts earth that it is hard to match the ABMs to the evil mechanoids without having intimate knowledge of the two. Most people tend to be careful around strange robots/cyborgs bout generally don't attack them outright unless that's what they do generally.

Yeah on most of Rifts Earth an AbM is in no more danger than any other unidentified robot doohickey. On Rifts Earth the Mechanoids only built up their terrifying reputation in the northeastern United States, and outside that area the only folks who'd be familiar with them would be the governments of various North American nations and the New German Republic (who I'm pretty sure were briefed by the Coalition States on the threat, but I'm too lazy to check). Other than that, all you'd really have to worry about would be running afoul of minions of Lord Splynncryth, since he knows about them thanks to the Kittani originally being refugees from a galazy overran by Mechanoids. Up against those guys an AbM is in deep trouble. Up against anyone else and it really depends on whether the locals have a shoot first and ask questions later attitude towards the unknown.