Board index » Traversing the Megaverse® » Megaverse phpBB Bugs/Wish List

Post subject: "First Unread Post" link
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:55 am

Explorer

Comment: War to the knife, knife to the hilt.
I'm on other forums that have this wonderful feature. It's nice when you aren't *exactly* sure where you left off in a 10+ page topic, or a topic that has gone nuts since the last time you visited.

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:44 pm

Champion

TeeAychEeMarchHare wrote:
I'm on other forums that have this wonderful feature. It's nice when you aren't *exactly* sure where you left off in a 10+ page topic, or a topic that has gone nuts since the last time you visited.

Greetings and Salutations. If you mean a way to jump to the last unread post of a thread, this forum already has that feature. There are two ways I can think of.

1: Subscribe to the topic. When a new post is made you'll receive an e-mail and one of the links will take you to your last unread post.

2: When you're browsing the forums (and logged in), you should see the blue color (at least it's blue on my screen, not sure if the color changes depending on your theme settings) of threads with new posts. In front of the post name, there's a blue arrow with a little page icon. Click on that. That icon will jump to the first unread post. If you hover your mouse over the icon, it should read the same link as the thread with the following at the end: &view=unread#unread

Now, if you mean something else, if you elaborate more (or provide an example) maybe I can help find a solution. Hope that helps. Farewell and safe journeys.

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:19 pm

Monk

Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

There is such a link on the forum, what color it is depends on your theme.

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:39 pm

Knight

Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Go to the Options menu at the top of the page (in the default theme), there's a wonderfully useful little option there that will let you view all posts you haven't read yet.

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:21 am

Explorer

Comment: War to the knife, knife to the hilt.
Prysus wrote:

2: When you're browsing the forums (and logged in), you should see the blue color (at least it's blue on my screen, not sure if the color changes depending on your theme settings) of threads with new posts. In front of the post name, there's a blue arrow with a little page icon. Click on that. That icon will jump to the first unread post. If you hover your mouse over the icon, it should read the same link as the thread with the following at the end: &view=unread#unread

Ah. Yep, that did it. It's kind of a pain to click when using my phone until I zoom the page, but now I know.

Thanks.