Board index » Traversing the Megaverse® » Megaverse phpBB Bugs/Wish List

Post subject: Login Issues
Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:17 pm

Knight

Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis
Not me, but Cyber asked me to post this as he can't seem to stay logged in,"you log in and go back to the index page and it's logged you out".

[edit]Found a work around that seems to have worked. I had him go into his full history then pick any of the Palladium Forum Histories, then right click on that and select "Forget About Site" and then go back to the webpage and try to log in.

Daniel Stoker

Post subject: Re: Login Issues
Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:32 am

Knight

Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt
That works, or you delete the cookies specifically for Palladium's website. This just happened to me, and that corrected it.

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:00 am

Demon Lord Extraordinaire

Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?
Just had something new happen to me. Got an email about a thread's reply so I followed the link. The board said I had to log in first. I checked the box to stay logged in and then logged in. I then clicked the link to "Return to previous screen." That link sent me back to the log in screen, not the new reply in the thread. I did it again, only this time I waited the five seconds and it still gave me the same results.

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:15 am

Champion

The Beast wrote:
Just had something new happen to me. Got an email about a thread's reply so I followed the link. The board said I had to log in first. I checked the box to stay logged in and then logged in. I then clicked the link to "Return to previous screen." That link sent me back to the log in screen, not the new reply in the thread. I did it again, only this time I waited the five seconds and it still gave me the same results.

Greetings and Salutations. I'm suspecting not the same issue, but it might be related in some way so I'll share ...

I went to the old forum link once ( http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums * ), and though it redirected me here for some reason I had the same issue (asking me to login, then kicking me back to the login screen over and over and over again). However, it only happened when I used an old short cut that went to the old site.

*I think that's the proper link. After the incident I deleted that shortcut to avoid it from happening again.

Figured I'd offer an experience to see if it helps troubleshoot at all. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:50 am

Sosyourfacist

Comment: This space for rent. Inquire within!
so apparently I can't bookmark this site, if I do, I get the same issue as before; log in, logged right back out.

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations. ~some unnamed joker

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:37 pm

Champion

cyber-yukongil v2.5 wrote:
so apparently I can't bookmark this site, if I do, I get the same issue as before; log in, logged right back out.

Greetings and Salutations. I had the same issue this morning (at least on my phone, haven't been home to try a desktop yet). Couldn't login until I used the https site as discussed here:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=156987

You might be able to use https site as a bookmark, not sure. I haven't had issues with it today, but I can't attest to long term usage yet. Hope that helps. Farewell and safe journeys.

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:12 pm

Adventurer

Comment: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Thanks Daniel, I had the same issue but your suggestion fixed it!

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:08 pm

Demon Lord Extraordinaire

Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?
Prysus wrote:
cyber-yukongil v2.5 wrote:

Greetings and Salutations. I had the same issue this morning (at least on my phone, haven't been home to try a desktop yet). Couldn't login until I used the https site as discussed here:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=156987

You might be able to use https site as a bookmark, not sure. I haven't had issues with it today, but I can't attest to long term usage yet. Hope that helps. Farewell and safe journeys.

That seems to be working for me.