Board index » Traversing the Megaverse® » Megaverse phpBB Bugs/Wish List

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:21 am

Megaversal® Ambassador

This could just be an issue with my machine, but Chrome is returning an error message when I attempt to access the forum from my desktop. It loads just fine on my mobile browser though.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:05 pm

OLD ONE

Comment: PROUDLY Not a member of the "Cabal of 24"
Bill wrote:
This could just be an issue with my machine, but Chrome is returning an error message when I attempt to access the forum from my desktop. It loads just fine on my mobile browser though.

I am using Chrome right now and the forums load up just fine. I also tested with Rockmelt [browser heavily based on Chrome] and the forums load up just fine.

Now is it specifically the forums you are loading up or the main page @ www.palladiumbooks.com ??

You say that you are getting an error message -- what is that error message? Does the message appear to be generated by the forums or by your browser?

"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
Palladium Books 2015 Robotech RPG Tactics Tournament Rules

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:39 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Definitely my machine then. It won't even load the page in IE. Oddly it's only Palladium pages that won't load. Could it have anything to do with the Java update I installed last week?

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:25 pm

OLD ONE

Bill wrote:
Definitely my machine then. It won't even load the page in IE. Oddly it's only Palladium pages that won't load. Could it have anything to do with the Java update I installed last week?

it could be your java. also, what is the error message that you are getting?

"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:15 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Error 118. Connection timed out. I'm on a university network, it's probably not timing out on my end. I've cleared my history and cookies too.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:09 am

OLD ONE

Bill wrote:
Error 118. Connection timed out. I'm on a university network, it's probably not timing out on my end. I've cleared my history and cookies too.

Grrr... I'm not liking where I think this is going.

What is your IP address [PM it to me if you want] - www.whatismyipaddress.com
Are you able to access the forums from a different computer on the same network?
Is the computer that you are on, your own personal computer or is it a campus PC?

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:12 am

Knight

Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."
I'm having a similar issue, it started this evening... the forum suddenly wouldn't load at all in Chrome, even though I had been logged in and was posting shortly before. Now it won't let me post at all, and keeps redirecting me to a 404 page when I try... though for some reason the 404 page has the text of a 404 error, but says "403 Forbidden" at the top.

EDIT: It's now done this to me in Firefox 22 as well, though it seems to mostly/only happen in this thread.

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:52 pm

OLD ONE

Seto Kaiba wrote:
I'm having a similar issue, it started this evening... the forum suddenly wouldn't load at all in Chrome, even though I had been logged in and was posting shortly before. Now it won't let me post at all, and keeps redirecting me to a 404 page when I try... though for some reason the 404 page has the text of a 404 error, but says "403 Forbidden" at the top.

EDIT: It's now done this to me in Firefox 22 as well, though it seems to mostly/only happen in this thread.

Please get me your IP address from www.whatismyipaddress.com