Remove Heart Spell

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darthauthor
Hero

Remove Heart Spell

Unread post by darthauthor »

Taking a look at this spell from Mystic China.

Remove Heart (700 PPE)
Casting Time Required: Seven days and seven saves.

The odds of anyone surviving this spell seem very low.
Is there some hack or cheat I don't know about to fail your saving throw versus magic.

I figure on normal rolls of a d20 with sever rolls in a row an average run of it will probably see a 16 or higher out of one of the seven rolls.
darthauthor
Hero

Re: Remove Heart Spell

Unread post by darthauthor »

I just got it.

Looking at the attribute Physical Endurance or P.E. those characters with a P.E. of 3 or 4 have a -4 to save vs magic.

They are the only ones you can fail their save unless they roll a natural 20.
So the spell "Remove Heart" is for super sick people. You get your heart replace by magic and then...

Well, I am not too sure of that. Maybe your endurance is Supernatural?

Come to think of it, What are the bonus with having this spell successful performed?

I mean basically your heart can't stop. No heart disease or stroke. limited immunity to critical strikes.

IF the character had a P.E. of 4 but had their heart removed through this spell I'd probably make their P.E. supernatural.

The character is impervious to diseases that may attack the heart and blood (since it 'pass' through the heart) as well as being impervious to fatigue, +3 to save vs horror factor, +5 to save vs pain, +5 to save vs possession, +5 to save vs drugs and poison, and +2 to save vs magic potions.

I'd also drop the penalities for having a P.E. below 8 and add 1d6 hit points per level.

Really, it is for sickk people because unless you are incredibly lucky on your rolls you will die from 3d6 times 10 damage to hit points.

Maybe a late detox juicer would do it.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Remove Heart Spell

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

darthauthor wrote:Taking a look at this spell from Mystic China.

Remove Heart (700 PPE)
Casting Time Required: Seven days and seven saves.

The odds of anyone surviving this spell seem very low.
Is there some hack or cheat I don't know about to fail your saving throw versus magic.

I figure on normal rolls of a d20 with sever rolls in a row an average run of it will probably see a 16 or higher out of one of the seven rolls.

That always struck me as one of those spells clearly written with Villians in mind and not Heroes. By which I mean it's there to justify an immortal, endlessly regenerating bad guy for the GM to use as a reoccuring villian, and the unlikelyhood to survive is there to keep the players from trying it themselves.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”