Shaping World Destiny

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Peacebringer
Adventurer

Shaping World Destiny

Unread post by Peacebringer »

Has anyone used the optional Shaping World Destiny rules and how did that turn out?

For anyone unfamiliar with those rules, they simply state that every times players win or fail a mission, they move countries in SE Asia toward communism or capitalism. For instance, if the players fail a mission, through propaganda, say Burma moves closer to becoming communist etc.
turko
D-Bee

Re: Shaping World Destiny

Unread post by turko »

I haven't yet; I don't think those rules really apply very well to small-unit Vietnam gaming. If I ever get my Mercenary campaign started, though, I'm going to try and implement them then. Shaping World Destiny seems more relevant when you have a group of mercenaries country-hopping from adventure to adventure.
Peacebringer
Adventurer

Re: Shaping World Destiny

Unread post by Peacebringer »

Darn, I was hoping for '91.

You can do a localized SWD by replacing communism with Islam fanaticism and capitalism with a stable pro-Western Iraq.

However, it would be different because in removing Saddam, there left a power-vacuum that groups like the ISIS filled.

If they are a part of the initial invasion and not the long occupation, there is still little they could do to prevent the chaos that occurred after the total American victory in '03. Say they learn Iraqi-Arabic and are people to take out the major players of the resistance-fighters, more leaders and groups will emerge.

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”