Avalon Backgrounds

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Re: Avalon Backgrounds

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Thyfur,
I appreciate what you've done here and the time you've put into it. I do have a couple of tiny nit-picky points. In your backgrounds you have given some skills that are expressly forbidden by the MiA book, namely those dealing with electronic technology/circuitry (radio basic is the one that comes to mind).

These are the ones listed as not available to PC's because the items needed to learn and practice them have been destroyed by the crash.

All communication skills (modern)
all computer skills
all pilot advanced skills
all pilot related skils
aircraft mechanics
Computer Repair
Pilot Aircraft: Old Style (Not sure what this means)
Pilot Tank
Pilot Helicopter

*Edit. After discussion with another player we decided that the only way to have a working electronic device is if it were hard wired rather than use some type of micro circuitry .

Would appreciate your help in figuring this out.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:Thyfur,
I appreciate what you've done here and the time you've put into it. I do have a couple of tiny nit-picky points. In your backgrounds you have given some skills that are expressly forbidden by the MiA book, namely those dealing with electronic technology/circuitry (radio basic is the one that comes to mind).

These are the ones listed as not available to PC's because the items needed to learn and practice them have been destroyed by the crash.

all computer skills
all pilot related skils
aircraft mechanics
Computer Repair
Pilot Tank
Pilot Helicopter

*Edit. After discussion with another player we decided that the only way to have a working electronic device is if it were hard wired rather than use some type of micro circuitry .

With the release of a complete After the Bomb RPG book maybe those restrictions were removed? Things were changed quite a bit from the original module, where mutant animals were a result of the fallout from a chemical, biological, and nuclear event rather than the unleashing of a super-disease.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Nightmask wrote:
The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:Thyfur,

all computer skills
all pilot related skils
aircraft mechanics
Computer Repair
Pilot Tank
Pilot Helicopter

With the release of a complete After the Bomb RPG book maybe those restrictions were removed? Things were changed quite a bit from the original module, where mutant animals were a result of the fallout from a chemical, biological, and nuclear event rather than the unleashing of a super-disease.

We looked up EMP effects and decided that England must have been blown all to hell and back. Given it's size a good EMP would fry the entire MiA book. Given the other effects of the crash (as listed in the new AtB2 book) what didn't get fried, got bombed or destroyed in the unrest after. (AtB2 pg 164... nukes go off all over the world. MIA pg 4, 27. uk is fubar)

While it has managed to pull itself up out of the wreckage the whole MiA setting is roughly a couple hundred years behind the USA in terms of available working "technology". With a few exceptions (East Anglia is the only one that I can think of), PC's playing in the MIA setting are basically Mutants at a Renaissance Fair (albeit a deadly and dangerous one where most of the players look like the peasants from Monty Python and the Holy Grail {covered in feces and disease}).

Those skills that are forbidden to PC's but are contradicted by in book world info (East Anglia has converted Hercules super transport planes to run on coal..well someone has to be able to fix it and fly it) are just plot points.

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

I just noticed that none of these backgrounds list any starting equipment. This may be an accident as he has included starting equipment for his conversions of the other books (RH, MDU, MotY). Anyone want to take a crack at this or point me in the direction of some guidelines on how I could do it?

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”