Dr. S.S. Bryukhonenko (the Russian Doc Feral?)

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gordyzx9r
Hero

Dr. S.S. Bryukhonenko (the Russian Doc Feral?)

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

Here you will find links to a 1940's video where (supposedly) Russian scientists work to bring a dog back to life (well, sort of...not really).

This disturbing film records the successful experiments in the resuscitation of life to dead animals (dogs), as conducted by Dr. S.S. Bryukhonenko at the Institute of Experimental Physiology and Therapy, Voronezh, U.S.S.R. Director: D.I. Yashin. Camera: E.V. Kashina. Narrator: Professor Walter B. Cannon. Introduced by Professor J.B.S. Haldane.

WARNING

I could see how the film may be a little disturbing to dog lovers, or kids..be warned. I'd look at the thumbnails first if your not sure about it.

And the US did it to...but differently, and for different reasons.

So what good is this...I think it makes a good back drop for a TMNT campaign...Russian/KGB mutant animal program goes awry, another Doctor/villain character for your setting. Or for those that want something out of Russia for AtB this has some possibilities as well...but if it was me I wouldn't approach it with the EoH/New Kennel relationship. I'd probably go the route that these Russian dogs are out for thre annihilation of the human race and control of Russia.

Or whatever...just thought I'd bring it to the table.
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

I can totally see a kind of scientific rivaly between the two, in a modern pre-Death scenario....

(scene: Doc Feral, madly tearing through his underground lab, muttering angrilly....papers flying everywhere, beakers smash....his servant scatter....we pan down to Igor & Otto, his mutants, confabbing about his actions, trying to keep quiet & out of his wrath)

Otto: "What's got him so upset?"
Igor: "It's that other doc again..."
Otto: "The one in Russia?"
Igor: "Yeah, he's doing the same thing with mutants as the doc here is, and that's making the doc --"

(CRASH!)
Feral (angry): "THAT CHARLATAN! THE UNMITIGATED GALL OF THAT FOURTH-RATE K.G.B. BACK-ALLEY HACK! I'LL SUE HIM FOR EVERY RUBEL HE'S EVER EVEN CONSIDERED MAKING! I'LL---" (more crashing sounds)

Both: "....upset...."
Otto: "Maybe we should come back later..."
Igor: "Yeah, best idea you've had yet, Otto...."
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
gordyzx9r
Hero

BookWyrm wrote:I can totally see a kind of scientific rivaly between the two, in a modern pre-Death scenario...

I didn't even think about, another great idea.
Ronin Shinobi
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Sportsmeister and Mr.Sports of sound off, endorsed by cornholioprime

Unread post by Ronin Shinobi »

Would be inresting to see a "2nd Feral" whos not only the enemy of the players but of Dr. Feral himself.
Showoff often leads to showdown
Svartalf- Shinobi, You're twisted
Mack- I'm constantly amazed at what people will put their energy into. This planet needs more predators.
Saitou Hajime- What kind of Americian are you?
Shadyslug- Good question
gordyzx9r
Hero

Lynx8882 wrote:Is the Russain guy as loved as Feral is by the general populace?

I guess that would depend on the individual GM to decide. If I ever ran with this is the TMNT setting, I'd probably have his research funded by the activities of the Russian mafia or something like that.
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

"In international news, the russian scientist Doctor S. S. Bryukhonenko was declared a National Treasure by the New Russian Commanwealth government, primarilly for his humanitarian work with the poverty-stricken people of the former Easter Bloc, & for his announcement of a new vaccine to help combat the effects of the still-lingering radioactive damage left by the Chernobyl blast of the previous century. This new drug, which is awaiting approval by the Commonwealth medical community, is reported to reduce radiation contamination in the living by half, effectively extending the lifespan of exposed victims of nuclear waste. Seen here--"{image of a man in his late 50's, wearing a tuxedo, shaking hands with the Russian president}--"Dr. Bryukhonenko is quoted as saying, "I am only trying to do what is right for my fellow man."
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”