More Book?

10101010: Site is secure. Move on to the next, secure and deactivate. Await further orders from Swarmlord.
2009: Let the Hunt Begin.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

The closest you'll get is new stuff in the Rifter. SF was a one-shot deal from the beginning. They talked about a 64 page sourcebook at one point, but that died shortly before Bill left.
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Re: More Book?

Unread post by Warwolf »

Star Dust wrote:Is there any other fans of Systems Failure other than myself wanting to see more books for the game. I know I would like more books on Systems Failure, tell me what you think.

You're going to hate me for it, but I'm not really that interested. I think SF had some excellent potential had it not been done as a big joke. Unfortunately, I think for me the window has now passed and would rather see resources put towards more viable lines.

Of course, given that I am a completionist and typically enjoy most writing that comes out of Palladium, if one was put out I would still buy it... though it wouldn't be a "high priority".
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Rayven
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Rayven »

I wonder, as Phalanx mentioned trying, if PB would accept a manuscript for a sourcebook? They did say about 6 years ago that it was a one-shot, but there are enough of us who'd buy it that it makes me wonder if they'd publish it.
My Sig Box wrote:Welcome to my pants.~JM_Zen
Prepare to die, rebel scum.~Prettz
That's awesome, you get the Geronimo Award for Customer Service.~Geronimo
My eyelids aren't fat! They're big boned!~Zerebus
listen to Rayven.~Becky
Eating tacos with a friend doesnt make you gay.~Cherico

897 Geek points
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

duck-foot wrote:a sourcebook on new weapons. who wouldnt love to kill some bugs with a leapord 2 mbt that no longer uses electricity. new bugs. can we say king bug. new territories. what happaned in germany or france for instance, how are humans holding up there?

Like a Triax book for Systems Failure.
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Rayven wrote:I wonder, as Phalanx mentioned trying, if PB would accept a manuscript for a sourcebook? They did say about 6 years ago that it was a one-shot, but there are enough of us who'd buy it that it makes me wonder if they'd publish it.

officially they aren't accepting sourcebooks for anything still, at least until you're through the Rifter process yes?
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Rayven
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Rayven »

Marrowlight wrote:
Rayven wrote:I wonder, as Phalanx mentioned trying, if PB would accept a manuscript for a sourcebook? They did say about 6 years ago that it was a one-shot, but there are enough of us who'd buy it that it makes me wonder if they'd publish it.

officially they aren't accepting sourcebooks for anything still, at least until you're through the Rifter process yes?

I'd buy a pure SF Rifter.
My Sig Box wrote:Welcome to my pants.~JM_Zen
Prepare to die, rebel scum.~Prettz
That's awesome, you get the Geronimo Award for Customer Service.~Geronimo
My eyelids aren't fat! They're big boned!~Zerebus
listen to Rayven.~Becky
Eating tacos with a friend doesnt make you gay.~Cherico

897 Geek points
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Well since Palladium are still in major financial difficulties, I doubt a sourcebook for their smallest game is gonna be a high priority any time soon. Probably best to wait and see what how well they do at clawing themselves back into the black over the next few years first.

And even then, SF was a one-off idea with a premise that became obsolete the moment it came out. I doubt we'll ever see any support for the game unless they decide to revamp the project with a new premise and a new main book, and let's not hold our breath on that one.

Return to “Systems Failure™”