Ran A Short Scenario The Other Night

10101010: Site is secure. Move on to the next, secure and deactivate. Await further orders from Swarmlord.
2009: Let the Hunt Begin.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mike Taylor

Ran A Short Scenario The Other Night

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

I and two of my friends got together and ran a short adventure of Systems Failure. One played a Freebooter and the other a Battlesuit Infantryman (O.C.C. of my own creation). The scenario was pretty straightforward. They were scavenging a small town for sellable goods when a Killer Bee that was passing through the area happened upon them. They engaged the critter in a short but nasty firefight which drew the attention of some nearby Bug Hunters. A misunderstanding on the part of the NPCs (shoot first, ask questions later) got the leader and one of his buddies shot.

After some arguing with the Bug Hunters, who were still a bit torked off at their leader being shot (he was an old man after all), it was decided that they would work together.

The scenario ended with them fighting four Army Ants and destroying a small relay station.
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

You guys gonna continue or was it a one and done kinda deal?
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Mike Taylor

Well, I've got so many RPGs (a few Palladium, Eden Studios, old TSR, West End Games, FASA/Fanpro... and so on) that we're just trying them out a little bit at a time.

This last scenario was one that I pretty much pulled out of my backside... so it stunk a little. :p (I should have planned better.)

Robotech: Invid Invasion is this Saturday, though.
Mike Taylor

Yeah, but Robotech is something the guys are already (mostly) familiar with. Plus, I have "props" (TOYS-- yaaaay) that the guys can look at for reference (Shock Trooper, Alpha Fighters, VF-1 Veritechs, Battle Pods).

That said, it wouldn't be too hard to port over most, if not ALL of the SF classes (Psychics and Splicers could be Genesis Pit experiments). There's no reason that an Exterminator can't be out there wasting Scouts and Troopers or that a Freebooter can't be scavenging old ruins for stuff to sell.
Mike Taylor

No plans to integrate them at this point.

Return to “Systems Failure™”