Mages???

10101010: Site is secure. Move on to the next, secure and deactivate. Await further orders from Swarmlord.
2009: Let the Hunt Begin.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

U.S.Advanced Recon wrote:Just take a vajra with you that converts Chi into P.P.E. that will keep you going for a while.

Right, because everyone has one of those in their pocket.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
gordyzx9r
Hero

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

Autumns Fire wrote:...we don't need the SF vesion of earth anyway...

SF ain't so bad...but I wouldn't shed a tear for Rifts.
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

You could use the rules for mages/magic from Transdimentional TMNT, and not worry about PPE.

But now matter what system you use, once on SF Earth, you are going to have to research your own new spells. Finding scrolls/spell books, should be impossible, or at least the focus of a session or five, retrieving an occult book penned by Crowley that is in the sub, sub basement of the ruins of a university. Just finding the location of said book would be an adventure, let alone getting there, and then find the bugs are using the uni as a hive.
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
Mike Taylor

Re: Mages???

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

U.S.Advanced Recon wrote:I would like to rift a mage into SF, I think that could be fun. Let alone the power muwwaaa hahahaha.

Most folks that play SF tend to want to keep magic out of the game for the most part. Its kinda nice to play a Palladium game without that element.
Mike Taylor

mattling wrote:About the same as what's in BtS... just subtract the PPE the Bugs feed off of (what do you think that "ambient energy" they subsist off of when there's no electricity is??)

I was always under the impression that they could subsist off of sunlight. Consuming electricity just gives them a headrush. Like drinking a whole bunch of Tequila Sunrises as opposed to just plain old orange juice.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Misfit KotLD wrote:I'd like to know what power that mage would command. It's an SDC environment and would offer about nothing in the way of PPE regeneration. Means your Summon Whoopass spell won't last too long.

Based on the rules in the Aliens Unlimited Galaxy Guide, I'd rate the official version of Systems Failure Earth as a Very Low Magic World, where all aspects of magic are halved, and spells may cost twice as much P.P.E. to cast.

If you're actually going for a crossover campaign, it would be reasonable to use the magic rules of BTS or HU.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Yup, unless of course it's campaign where magic is pretty common, like say a PF/SF or Rifts/SF crossover.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Mike Taylor

bankvault wrote:I always thought that mages would be as effective in Systems Failure as a Vegan would as a manual labourer

The other thing that must be taken into consideration is that in a crossover setting, Bugs would be attracted to the mages' high amounts of PPE. Ol' Merlin would effectively be walking around with a big "FREE LUNCH" sign over his head.

Return to “Systems Failure™”