Systems Failure is?

10101010: Site is secure. Move on to the next, secure and deactivate. Await further orders from Swarmlord.
2009: Let the Hunt Begin.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

It's a stand alone game, and there is only the one book to it. I guess you'ld call it a 1st Edition. But up until AtB2 was released, it was better formatted and a more concise set of Palladium Rules than most of their other settings. Some people were using it as their main rule book, supplementing the Official rules.
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

It's only had one edition.
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

but its rules flow like Palladium 2nd edition and Heroes Unlimited Second edition, and not like their 1st edition counterparts yes?

Maybe that's what the intended question was.
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

its a precurser to the awsomeness that is splicers
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

To clarify, the only real "first edition" of the Palladium role-playing rules is found in the old Mechanoids game books. Everything that has been published since by Kevin has been a development or revising of that ruleset.

Systems Failure's big advantage is that its the Palladium rules pared down to their simplest, most digestible form with the rules for psychic powers thrown in for extra spice. It also has a setting that's detailed enough to begin play with, and open enough to allow the GMs to do whatever the hell they want.

Return to “Systems Failure™”