Board index » SDC Worlds » Systems Failure™

Post subject: NEW BUGS
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:02 am

Adventurer

Hi all I am not a writer and love these boards some i'm going to through some name of bugs and would appreciate any help on building them.
PS on side note the level 1-5 is for metamorphis, correct.

Dive bomber AKA KAMAKAZI BUG : A smaller version of the bomb bug that can fly. It has more streamlined body(less weight) has two tubes, one under each wing that fires a single(4d6) energy blast and can fire at any angle under it's own body, simultanies blast 6d6dmg. It's heavy blast comes from a barrel based over it's head (6d6), can only be shot once per melee and the "machine guns" can not fire when it fires this. The truly nasty thing is that it can make a bomb( 6d6) and delay it up to 3 minutes and while it flies from the head canon it does not make a whistle noise like other bombs and can not fire any blast till next melee round.. It flies at 55 MPH The wings have 20 sdc each and they are sub harmonic so humans can not hear but animals go nuts and wil look toward the sound or run.. its real weakness is the subharmonics weaken ac on back, normal ac 12 , 8 when flying, this is a level 1 bug. no ability to turn into energy or machine merge, psionic like army ant, has typical 22 PP( 20+1d6) can explode themselves for 10d10 dmg to all in 30 foot radius, or when they reach 3 h.p.

WIND MANTIS( idea was inspired by PHALANX's wind scorpion.) or "SCISSOR BUG"
Wind mantises are level one bugs who were breed by the mysterious CHROMATIC BUG. They are the front line warriors of the PHOENIX/TUCSON HIVE. These bugs stand 8 feet tall and weigh 400 ibs. They are extremely blood thirsty and enjoy nothing more than peeling skin from humans and decorating their body with it, they are especially fond of humans who have tatoes. The mantis have started looking for tatoo artist so they can have them decorate their own skin as such when the Mantis are out they will protect the stink bug over all other bugs so if they find a Tatoo artist they will have there own zombie artist. another favorite past time is to use body parts for games made up by them. There favorite battle tactic is to grab humans while flying and scissor body parts over other humans, even hardened vets can loose there composure. can not turn into energy or merge with machines. Wings are vein like just like the smaller mantises. The Mantis is a dark purple with flecks of dark red on body.

super: the upper and lower arms are on a nodule on left and right side. Upper arms have 50 SDC and have rows of dagger like points, the upper arms do 5d6 damage and can pin/grapple on natural 18-20, can box with spins closed and folded for 3d6 +1 to strike. lower arms are connected to same nodule with the spikes pointed up and barbed, 4d6 dmg and can grapple on natural 19-20, this is used to hold the human. Both arms are brought together and scissors this attack does 7d6 dmg.
Bio-energy attack: the wind mantis expels it's energy from its throat.
-- Spit: 3d6 damage, 50 foot range, only two per melee round.
-- Hurl 4d6 damage, 200 foot range, one per melee round.
-- RAIN 5d6, can create a kind of rain over a 10 by 10 area it disolves organic matter only. This attack can only be used once every 24 hours. It will cause full dmg for 1d4 rounds. Yes this rain will damage the organitechnology. this can be rained from up to 100 feet in th air, before dispisatating harmlessly. A wind of 15 + mph can blow it away from target.
Flight: can fly at 45 mph, but can only sustain flight for 10 minutes per hour, but can glide on thermals for up to 30 minutes at up to 15 mph, they do this by stretching there bodies out to nearly 12 feet. wing has 20 sdc each.
limited weakness: can be shorted out with water, 5 gallons add least. The shorting will last for 1d4 minutes.
psionic same as army ants
IQ 10, ME 10, MA 12, PS 25, PP 16, PE 21, PB 6 SPEED 18, 45 MPH FLYING/15 MPH gliding.
HP 27
SDC 75 not as tuff as other bugs.
natural ac 11
horror factor 14 single, 16 for tri-squad, 17 for 10+
PPE 4D6 + PE
ISP 25 +ME
skills: climb 80%, swim 25%, prowl 45% ground 65% air gliding, tracking human/humanoid 50%, 40 % in air,land navigation 60% and air is 45 %.
attacks: 4, scissor is 2 attacks
BONUSES: +1to initiative dodge strike and regular bonuses as per army ant.

coming soon THE SILVER WORM a second level silk worm, AKA THE INFILTRAITOR.

ROLLER BUG, ROLLING THUNDER second level bug.

the nexus bug, a bug of unknowable potential who it is said is the forefather of all bugs????

CHROMATIC BUG, AS ELUSIVE AS LIGHTNING BUG, BUT LESS KNOWN. SUPPOSEDLY A LEADER OF A HIVE IN PHOENIX/TUCSON AZ AREA.
I am going to try giving some oragnic tec based of the creations above. I hope this will keep every one's juices flowing

Post subject: Re: NEW BUGS
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:21 pm

Adventurer

NO comments of any kind??

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:29 pm

Adventurer

Dude, you posted it like way late/early. The SF boar doesn't get a lot of attention, so you'll have to be patient for any replies.

It'd be great if you could do some more stating out of your bugs. I'd like to see a more "complete" version of what you have.

If I quote you, you will get spell-checked.

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:52 pm

Adventurer

lol yeah, i am currently writing up the tucson,phoenix hive story. Going to have a time line and stats coming forth with.

Unread postPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:37 am

Hero

Good to see interst in this product line. I like what you have done and would like to see more.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:41 am

Champion

Don't check this low on the forum that often, but always looking for new System Failure stuff. So please keep the stuff coming. The bugs look great.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:16 pm

Adventurer

Its good to see some life left in this RPG. I have always liked this game and have used the "Bugs" quite often in my own campaigns. I like your new bug concepts so keep them coming. :)

When an ocean can destroy an entire city.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:04 pm

Adventurer

Back from off the road now and while out had some ideas on some more bugs.
- tunnel bug, " Dirt Scorpian" large bug level one that digs through dirt, concrete etc.It's scorpain tail has sonic like generator that can destroy any kinda of material that uses natural material, brick,concrete etc. through subharmonics. uses higher sonic frequencies to destoy metals ferrous and nonferrous. has a sonic attack that can knock out that nearly any kind of humanoid. they have a kind of resin left behind when they leave long term tunnels.the resin is immune to sonic attacks and with stand earth quakes of 9.0

Araknid: this seven foot tall slightly built bug has eight legs is bydextrous the arm/legs can bend in any direction and its body can flatten out to double its length and allows it to fit any opening down to 6 inches wide. it creates webs from spinerrets located under each claw it has hair on wrist that allows it to climb nearly any surface it has a camflouge that can match background but only after 1 minute of non movement. it is truly scary because it can hold breath for 15 minutes and can float by inflatting a gas bag in its tri stomachs.
as always if you have any comments all is appreciated.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:17 am

Dungeon Crawler

Barq i love them both

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:06 am

Adventurer

I am going to stat these nasty beasties will take a bit losing house so moving and etc thanks for good words if any one wants please add your own or start another topic the bugs are kewl.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:19 am

Champion

BARQ wrote:

the nexus bug, a bug of unknowable potential who it is said is the forefather of all bugs????

CHROMATIC BUG, AS ELUSIVE AS LIGHTNING BUG, BUT LESS KNOWN. SUPPOSEDLY A LEADER OF A HIVE IN PHOENIX/TUCSON AZ AREA.
I am going to try giving some oragnic tec based of the creations above. I hope this will keep every one's juices flowing.

How soon? Would like to more of your work.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:02 pm

Adventurer

abtex wrote:
BARQ wrote:

I am going to try giving some oragnic tec based of the creations above. I hope this will keep every one's juices flowing.

How soon? Would like to more of your work.

sorry abtex still in process of moving out of house that could no longer afford i have ruff stats for all my creations and will post them in next month or so promise. the darn chromatic bugger is the most trouble trying to nail do, but i will get u some 8)

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:12 pm

Champion

I know it stinks to move. When ever.