Board index » SDC Worlds » Systems Failure™

Post subject: More Bug Questions
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:51 pm

Adventurer

Okay, so I have two Bug questions that factor in to some tactical scenarios.

I don't recall seeing in the Systems Failure book whether a Bug's strength is considered Ordinary, Enhanced, or Supernatural even though many of them have 30+ strength.

Also, even if their strength is only Ordinary, anybody got any idea how far/high these things can jump, since some are sporting like 48 for P.S.?

Maybe some of them can't jump, like the Bombardier Beetle?

If I quote you, you will get spell-checked.

Post subject: Re: More Bug Questions
Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:37 pm

Adventurer

hey tear, if your using HU rues make it extr, otherwise just consider it ordinery.

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:23 am

Adventurer

tear one of the things i use is do 1foot for every point of 30, thus a bug with 48 could jump 18 feet up and across.mostly a house rule. the ants seem more streamed line so cut the in half for bomb bug because of build ans weight.

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:35 pm

Adventurer

mmm, but that would mean that somebody with >30 wouldn't be able to jump at all?

And for the jumping thing, do Bugs even worry about it? Wouldn't it be more efficient to turn into their energy form and shoot forward or in whatever direction they want to go and then coalesce back into solid form where they want to be?
Or instead of becoming solid again, dive right into a machine. Course then there's something people forget. They basically have the Line Transmission power. Even if there's no energy running through the line (from my understanding) they can still move through the power, cable, data, and phone lines. So they hop into a building, into its lines, and then appears halfway across the city because all the major lines are still in one piece.

Also, this gives me a killer idea for a Grasshopper style bug, one that can jump a few hundred times its body length, and also has some limited flight capability. They'd be faster than your ground pounders like the Ant, Assassin, and Bombardier, but not as long range as the Killer Bee.

If I quote you, you will get spell-checked.

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:21 pm

Adventurer

ahh yes the making off bugs, the grasshopper is good idea starting for it( just for giggles and grins give it a mustache).