What if the Bugs are just interstellar vermin?

10101010: Site is secure. Move on to the next, secure and deactivate. Await further orders from Swarmlord.
2009: Let the Hunt Begin.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

thorr-kan
Adventurer

What if the Bugs are just interstellar vermin?

Unread post by thorr-kan »

They can convert to energy to travel, especially along hardlines. But what if hardlines are just a passing phase of technological development.

In 1999, wireless tech hadn't taken off like we see it today. Broadcast power is a holy grail for some technologists. Organic tech is a holy grail for others. If most societies transition past hardlines to a combo of those three and a decent anti-Bug firewall, what is an Earth-shattering menace to us is an exterminator call to a society more technologically advanced.
Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

Re: What if the Bugs are just interstellar vermin?

Unread post by Captain_Nibbz »

Its been a while since I read through Systems Failure, does it touch on if the bugs can use leylines for travel? Seeming as they travel along energy pathways, I wonder how they would interact with this kind of thing.
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.

"If I kept a list of all time worst Sound Off threads, this would be way up there." - Mack
thorr-kan
Adventurer

Re: What if the Bugs are just interstellar vermin?

Unread post by thorr-kan »

Captain_Nibbz wrote:Its been a while since I read through Systems Failure, does it touch on if the bugs can use leylines for travel? Seeming as they travel along energy pathways, I wonder how they would interact with this kind of thing.

Lightning bugs can create dimensional breaches at ley line nexus points and teleport along a ley line up to 2000 miles away.

Feed on one world, then look for another batch of suckers not advanced enough to resist?

Return to “Systems Failure™”