Board index » MDC Worlds » Robotech RPG Tactics™ » Robotech RPG Tactics™ - Rules Discussion

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:16 pm

D-Bee

What is the maximum number of Glaugs that a Zentraedi Core Force Card could field?

Right now, I'm counting...two?

As a support option, it can be used to supplement a Regult or Elite Force that doesn't already have one. Since it is also an Elite Special Option, I take it that I can add it to a Core Squadron that already has a Glaug in it, since the rules allow that one Special Force card can be added to a Core Force card.

Is that right? Or not?

So far, all my games have been with one Glaug. A friend let me borrow a second one for a game and I could really "feel da powah" with a second in a Core Force squadron!

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:23 am

Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.
Sorry, but you can only have one in a Regult or Elite force card. If one of those squads already have one, you can't add another. If it doesn't have one, you can add the special.

However, there is some serious reinforcements in Wave two, when you will be able to field 3 Glaug Eldars in one squad.

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:15 am

Dungeon Crawler

Present rules only limit the Squadron to 1 Special. I don't remember any limitation of one Glaug per Squadron. So RAW I would say you could have an Attack Squadron and add an Elite Glaug and in the end have 2 in your squadron. Unless I'm missing something in the rules.

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:20 am

Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.
Not in the rules... on the Glaug special card. It states that you can add one to a Regult or Special Unit that does not already have one.

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:06 am

D-Bee

Phaze wrote:
Not in the rules... on the Glaug special card. It states that you can add one to a Regult or Special Unit that does not already have one.

That's discouraging.

Back to the drawing board...

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:31 pm

D-Bee

Looks like you need to bring another core squadron next time if you want to assault me with 3 Glaugs without cheating! ;)

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:23 pm

D-Bee

It doesn't feel like cheating when you still lose to the guys with that have 2 Phalanxes! That is, when they're playing nice and not trotting out 4 of 'em! :P

I should be glad the guy with 8 of 'em seems to have lost interest in the game. :lol: