Rules Question for Special Characters and Upgrades

Here you can discuss rules related questions pertaining to the Robotech RPG Tactics™ game. Do you have your own rules modifications to share? Constructive suggestions for future rules expansion? Talk about them here!

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Veritas
D-Bee

Re: Rules Question for Special Characters and Upgrades

Unread post by Veritas »

Not that I can find. It makes sense to a point, because to my knowledge the characters never flew in R's...it was after their time, as it were.
Watch out fer dem pancakes.
Very Fun One Jr
D-Bee

Unread post by Very Fun One Jr »

I disagree. I don't think there's any problem. A VF-1R is an upgrade, not a base model. Characters are restricted in which base model they can start in but I don't see anything that says they can't upgrade. Consider a Destroid pilot character, are you then then prohibited from getting a Command Destroid Upgrade for them? Actually, since upgrades are purchased for a unit, not a character, I guess it would depend on whether or not a character is considered a part of a squadron. I guess they are since you don't get an extra mecha when you purchase a character, they inhabit one already in a squadron, so shouldn't they be able to benefit from upgrades like any other mecha?
Actually that makes me think of another question.. looks like a new thread is coming up.
Last edited by Very Fun One Jr on Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Very Fun One Jr wrote:looks like a new thread is coming up.

just make sure you start it in the new sub-forum for rules questions.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Very Fun One Jr
D-Bee

Unread post by Very Fun One Jr »

Awww, snap. I didn't see that it had been created! Thanks so much for the info and I'll redirect there from now on.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™ - Rules Discussion”