Board index » MDC Worlds » Robotech RPG Tactics™ » Robotech RPG Tactics™ - Rules Discussion

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:57 pm

D-Bee

So, none of the special characters for the UEDF show they can be put into a VF-1R (which you can purchase as an upgrade to a VF-1A or VF-1J).

Does this mean that if you purchase the upgrade for a Valkyrie Squadron and you pay for a special character, that they can't be put into the upgraded mech?

Or is the mech "considered" to still be it's original designation for the special character's available mechs?

For an example, Max Sterling can be put into any VF-1A or VF-1J. If I purchase the VF-1R Upgrade for a squadron, can he be put into one of the VF-1A's that were upgraded into VF-1R's?

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:20 pm

D-Bee

Not that I can find. It makes sense to a point, because to my knowledge the characters never flew in R's...it was after their time, as it were.

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:35 pm

D-Bee

I disagree. I don't think there's any problem. A VF-1R is an upgrade, not a base model. Characters are restricted in which base model they can start in but I don't see anything that says they can't upgrade. Consider a Destroid pilot character, are you then then prohibited from getting a Command Destroid Upgrade for them? Actually, since upgrades are purchased for a unit, not a character, I guess it would depend on whether or not a character is considered a part of a squadron. I guess they are since you don't get an extra mecha when you purchase a character, they inhabit one already in a squadron, so shouldn't they be able to benefit from upgrades like any other mecha?
Actually that makes me think of another question.. looks like a new thread is coming up.

Last edited by Very Fun One Jr on Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:43 pm

Rifts® Trivia Master

Very Fun One Jr wrote:
looks like a new thread is coming up.

just make sure you start it in the new sub-forum for rules questions.

* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:01 pm

D-Bee

Awww, snap. I didn't see that it had been created! Thanks so much for the info and I'll redirect there from now on.