Happy Holidays, BTS, & Lazlo Society

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Holister
Adventurer

Happy Holidays, BTS, & Lazlo Society

Unread post by Holister »

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays Everyone

With Covid and 2020 in general running a decent campaign has been hard, like really hard. Now with winter here I have been doing my best to stay sane and keep gaming so I went back to the old Lazlo Society site for nostalgia purposes. That is when I had a bolt of inspiration. I created a campaign based on the old characters from the Lazlo Society site circa 2005 - 2007 (or what I refer to as the Golden Years of that site...lol). It was a post-Thanksgiving /pre-Christmas - Lazlo Society reunion 2020 where the characters met up at the eerie Ravenwolf Lodge in good old Cypress Cove, Main. Everyone showed up only to get trapped by a freak snowstorm and to have the hotel manager get knocked off. The entire campaign boiled down to Lazlo Society Clue with a new victim every hour or so until the murderer was revealed.

To pull this off I picked like 12 - 20 of the top characters from the old Lazlo roster and just made a random table to establish victims and who the murderer was. It actually ended up with great replay value as I played it three times so far with a different roster of victims and murderers each time. But to keep it within the parameters of a BTS style setting I had a random reason table that included demonic possession, vampirism, Eldritch horror-based madness, lycanthropy, grudge-based revenge, an ancient curse, etc.

I remember that the first murderer was Ron Caliburn who was turned into a vampire (8 characters), the next was Burt-the-Turtle who went insane and started murdering everyone to stuff and mount them for his bunker (12 characters), and the most recent was a playthrough was Doc Boggs who brought everyone together and started to murder them to boost newspaper sales (10 characters)...lol.

All in all, it's a fun way to kill the time, stay sane, and keep gaming. You should try it, might like it.

Well, that's all for now, so stay safe and happy everyone, and of course, have a Merry Christmas.
Ask yourself this;
"Say what now?"
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Re: Happy Holidays, BTS, & Lazlo Society

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Huh... interesting!
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”