Victim OCC

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Axelmania
Knight

Victim OCC

Unread post by Axelmania »

I just noticed this on page 194 of 1st ed, it's pretty awesome.

Only some of the age tables leave weird gaps. Instead of 1D6+12 for teens (13-18) rolling 2D4+11 would make more sense, that would generate a range of 13-19, since "Young Adult" begins at 20.

Also seems strange that there is overlap between Child (4-9) and pre-teen (7-12). Maybe child should be 1D4+4 (5-8) and pre-teen should be 1D4+8 (9-12) instead? This would expand "Toddler" up to include age 4, but that seems reasonable. Then you could have Infant be 0-1 and Toddler be 2-4.

The low attributes for the victim OCC would work great with the low attribute penalties that Rifts Ultimate Edition added. Not sure if any other games used them.
Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

Re: Victim OCC

Unread post by Captain_Nibbz »

Axelmania wrote:I just noticed this on page 194 of 1st ed, it's pretty awesome.

Only some of the age tables leave weird gaps. Instead of 1D6+12 for teens (13-18) rolling 2D4+11 would make more sense, that would generate a range of 13-19, since "Young Adult" begins at 20.

Also seems strange that there is overlap between Child (4-9) and pre-teen (7-12). Maybe child should be 1D4+4 (5-8) and pre-teen should be 1D4+8 (9-12) instead? This would expand "Toddler" up to include age 4, but that seems reasonable. Then you could have Infant be 0-1 and Toddler be 2-4.

This sounds like a pretty reasonable shift to the tables that are found in the book. I've been wanting to run a game where the players all take control of a victim class. Maybe even a one-shot run through with the adventure that was written for the class in the back of the manual. I think that I would use these ranges rather than the canon ones.

Axelmania wrote: The low attributes for the victim OCC would work great with the low attribute penalties that Rifts Ultimate Edition added. Not sure if any other games used them.

I've been perusing through a bunch of the rulebooks lately and I haven't seen it in any of the core books for any of the S.D.C. settings or Splicers, but now I'm curious if that table is listed anywhere else . . .
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.

"If I kept a list of all time worst Sound Off threads, this would be way up there." - Mack
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Re: Victim OCC

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Victims games are wonderful!

I've run many of them for many different reasons, and all of them were fantastic!
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”