Psychic Medium Phantom Odor I.S.P. Error

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Psychic Medium Phantom Odor I.S.P. Error

Unread post by Jack Burton »

Sorry if this has already been addressed. I searched for a thread on it, but couldn't find one.

On page 87 of BTS-2, it says on the first line that it costs "two I.S.P." for a Psychic Medium to concentrate and try and smell for a phantom odor. A little bit down, it lists the I.S.P. needed for this as "I.S.P.: 3." Both my print book and the PDF edition (July 2018) contain the error. Does anyone know of an errata that has has fixed this discrepancy? If not, I already have my own answer. I'm just looking for something official, if it exists. Thanks.
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Re: Psychic Medium Phantom Odor I.S.P. Error

Unread post by mrloucifer »

When in doubt, go with the "Meta portion" of the ability. In this case: I.S.P.:3.

Side Note: I have plans for expanding this ability as I feel its needs its a lot more useful than it sounds and therefore it really doesn't see a lot of use at my table. The Automatic warnings get far more traffic when I GM, and I use it in more ways than the ability is currently described as.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”