Other classes for a BTS game?

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

barna10
Hero
Comment: Started playing Palladium in 1990.

Other classes for a BTS game?

Unread post by barna10 »

Besides material from N&SS, BTS 1&2, and Nightbane, what other classes make sense for a BTS game?

Gypsy classes?
Native American Shamans?

Ideas?
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: Other classes for a BTS game?

Unread post by Warshield73 »

The problem is that BTS is a very low powered game compared to other PB settings so using OCCs from other games can be disruptive and really unbalancing. There are a few character types in the Rifter for BTS I believe but if you want to bring an OCC over from another game you have to nerf it hard.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Grazzik
Adventurer

Unread post by Grazzik »

Have a look at some of the Dead Reign OCCs (particularly in Hell Followed) - some of the classes there could be made to work for various scenarios involving biker gangs, wilderness hermits, zombie cults (of course), govt agencies, hippies, drone enthusiasts (which could be modified to be any kind of hobbyist), and more. I've used them for cross-overs into BTS, Chaos Earth and Rifts with very little modification.
barna10
Hero

Unread post by barna10 »

I am looking at a game that incorporates Nightbane, so the power level will be a bit higher.

I'm liking the idea of including many of the classes from Rifts: Mystic Russia.

The Beguiler, Old Believer, and Slayer seem like great fits.

Thoughts?
green.nova343
Adventurer

Unread post by green.nova343 »

For HU/HU2, I would focus on the characters that maybe don't have the "flashy" powers (Special Training, Physical Training, maybe even Hardware). You could potentially integrate the Magic or Psionic characters as well.

Mutants & Experiments might seem a bit overpowered, but superpowers might not work as well against some of the supernatural threats (especially if using BTS2). Also, that lets you play up the locals mistaking a mutated character as the local "monster". Same with Aliens. Bionics & Robotics should play up even more the "technology doesn't work well against the supernatural" aspect.
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

I'm currently out of town and don't have access to my PC to give a better answer, but I've compiled a list of BTS-related Rifter articles in the House of BTS:
Click here to head over to the House and see the lists
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

While I'm at it, you can click here to download the PDF template I designed for Magic users in BTS.

This is an evolving document, so check back periodically.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
barna10
Hero

Unread post by barna10 »

mrloucifer wrote:While I'm at it, you can click here to download the PDF template I designed for Magic users in BTS.

This is an evolving document, so check back periodically.

Nice work!
barna10
Hero

Unread post by barna10 »

Creating a Beguiler (Mystic Russia) as a character for the game we're starting.

The game is incorporating some Nightbane elements, so the other characters are getting a boost at start.

The Beguiler, as-is, makes a great stage magician / escape artist! Allowing him to take a few Sorcerous Proficiencies means he can have Superhuman Strength and Superhuman Endurance. He can pull-off Vaudeville type shows (hypnosis), escapes (escape skill and metamorph into an animal to get out of cuffs), extreme escapes ("He survived under water, in a coffin, for 2 hours! ... by metamorphing into a fish), feats of strength and endurance (supernatural PS and PE, resist hunger, fatigue, and thirst), sleight of hand magic (palming and pick pockets), impersonations (imitate voices / impersonations skill), mental magic (telepathy), and he can sing and dance!

Talk about the nonuplet threat!

Plus he can fight a few UFC fights for promotion!

He'll put Chris Angel and David Blaine to shame!

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”