How would you apply aging penalties to a characater?

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

thorr-kan
Adventurer

How would you apply aging penalties to a characater?

Unread post by thorr-kan »

Once you roll the dice, your attributes get adjusted based on the age of your PC. But do you adjust them for just your final age category, or do you adjust them for each age category the PC passes through?

Forex, I roll up an adult PC. I want him to be 50. That's four categories of adjustments. I know getting old can be brutal, but jeez...
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: How would you apply aging penalties to a characater?

Unread post by Warshield73 »

thorr-kan wrote:Once you roll the dice, your attributes get adjusted based on the age of your PC. But do you adjust them for just your final age category, or do you adjust them for each age category the PC passes through?

Forex, I roll up an adult PC. I want him to be 50. That's four categories of adjustments. I know getting old can be brutal, but jeez...

Not sure how they were intended but whenever I have seen them applied they were just one age category, not cumulative. From a practical point if they were cumulative the average 50 y/o would be a cripple you made them cumulative so just seems like the only way to do it.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
thorr-kan
Adventurer

Unread post by thorr-kan »

Warshield73 wrote:
thorr-kan wrote:Once you roll the dice, your attributes get adjusted based on the age of your PC. But do you adjust them for just your final age category, or do you adjust them for each age category the PC passes through?

Not sure how they were intended but whenever I have seen them applied they were just one age category, not cumulative. From a practical point if they were cumulative the average 50 y/o would be a cripple you made them cumulative so just seems like the only way to do it.

It *is* a random table that basically says, "Land here. Do this." or "Pick one." isn't it?

Thanks. You've helped clarify my thinking. My 97-year-old diviner won't be completely helpless.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I do believe there are aging rules in the PF2 core book. You can import them into your game.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”