Rifts excel character sheet at palladium store

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Emerald MoonSilver
Explorer

Rifts excel character sheet at palladium store

Unread post by Emerald MoonSilver »

I noticed the excel template at the palladium store says it needs excel 16 or above to work. Has anyone used an older version. I have office 2007 and I don't want to buy a new version just to use a template. Has anyone here used office 2007 or 2010 to view this template???

Emerald :? :?
palladiumjunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Rifts excel character sheet at palladium store

Unread post by palladiumjunkie »

Greg Diaczyk setup a Q&A thread under the Rifts Sub-forum. You might have better luck with getting an answer to your question there. Here is the direct link to the topic.

Rifts Automated Character Sheet (RACS) - Questions & Answers

-Chris
"Quality takes time. Poop comes out multiple times a year." -MrNexx

"Choosing to house-rule in order to customize the game to your liking can be a beautiful thing.
But being forced to house-rule in order to make the game playable at all is not." - Killer Cyborg
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Emerald MoonSilver wrote:I noticed the excel template at the palladium store says it needs excel 16 or above to work. Has anyone used an older version. I have office 2007 and I don't want to buy a new version just to use a template. Has anyone here used office 2007 or 2010 to view this template???

Greetings and Salutations. As palladiumjunkie mentioned, the designer has a thread located here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=176028

I pointed out this thread on that thread, to help out. Now, I did buy the Rifts Automated Character Sheet (RACS) just to try it out. I'll start by saying I didn't activate the Macros (as they're generally disabled by default for security purposes), and that could have caused problems with what I was doing.

I have an old 2007 or 2010 available on one of my wife's old computers, but I'd rather not hook that up just for this experiment (hope you understand). Though, I'd imagine you'll probably lose at least some functionality (based on my experience with a spreadsheet I made). However, I will note that I tried it out on LibreOffice: https://www.libreoffice.org/discover/libreoffice/ (LibreCalc to be precise). This should be a free program, and was brought to my attention when I did the Palladium Fantasy Interactive Character Sheet (also Excel based). A poster had a compatibility issue with my program, but that was related to Radial menus (buttons where you select only one option), and I don't see any Radials in the RACS.

Most of the features seemed to work just fine (from what little I experimented), but changing the image/portrait didn't seem to function properly (remained on the Ley Line Walker image). Maybe I did something wrong or maybe it was related to the Macros, but that was the only issue I saw (which is cosmetic, so if you only want the functionality that shouldn't be a major issue). I won't swear to complete compatibility beyond that, as I may have missed something. I'm not as familiar with that program (or Rifts for that matter) as I was my own, so it's quite possible I missed something. There was another free program I tried, but that one had issues with the portrait AND the dice roller stopped functioning (so I didn't bother to list those specifics). Anyways, I wanted to provide a possible alternative you (and others) may not have considered. Hope that helps. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Greg Diaczyk
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Official "Wayne Smith Clone"

Unread post by Greg Diaczyk »

Emerald MoonSilver wrote:I noticed the excel template at the palladium store says it needs excel 16 or above to work. Has anyone used an older version. I have office 2007 and I don't want to buy a new version just to use a template. Has anyone here used office 2007 or 2010 to view this template???

I have run it in Excel 2003.

I had to turn my Macro security settings to low for some of the features to work, but it did work, so it should work in 2007.
Greg Diaczyk,
"Wayne Smith Clone"
Palladium Freelance Writer and Editor

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”