Attribute rolls... a statistical analysis. Super nerd stuff!

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: Attribute rolls... a statistical analysis. Super nerd st

Unread post by Warshield73 »

ITWastrel wrote:
Borast wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
ITWastrel wrote:I always run 4d6, reroll 1s, drop the low. It produces a higher than average set of attributes that fit well with the idea of adventurers being special and above the norm.

For Palladium games you add the bonus dice on 16, 17, 18 rolls, and for races which have higher or lower numbers of dice I add one die, re-roll ones, then drop the lowest die. I do allow bonus dice for exceptional attributes within one point of maximum per die rolled.

Roll 1d6, bonus die on 6+
Roll 2d6, bonus die on 11+
Roll 3d6, bonus die on 16+
Roll 4d6, bonus die on 21+
Roll 5d6, bonus die on 26+
Roll 6d6, bonus die on 31+
And so on.

I'll be the one to point out, for the newbs, that if the die rolls already have a bonus in them; like 3D6+10 or 2D6+7; that they do not get any bonus dice for exceptional stats.

If I recall, 4D6 and higher have no "exceptional" stats, so no bonus rolls.
I just wish I could remember where I read that.

TTFN...0037hrs, time to sleep.

I'm sure that's the rule, it's even been said no bonus dice on any rolls but 3d6. I just love the looks on my player's faces when they get a bonus die. House rule, sue me.

I started using a similar house rule except mine is a little tougher on higher attributes.

Roll 4d6, bonus die on 22+
Roll 5d6, bonus die on 28+

Truthfully when I first ran Rifts we didn't even use the exceptional rule. Our original GMs for Robotech 1e didn't use it but when we played TMNT some of the attributes were so ridiculous we just didn't bother. I personally prefer to use the exceptional rolls as so many NPCs clearly have exceptional attributes.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”