Has Palladium ever considered pdf only products?

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shark_Force
Palladin

Re: Has Palladium ever considered pdf only products?

Unread post by Shark_Force »

doesn't matter if something is a bonus or not. doesn't matter whether someone is a full-time employee or not.

if you pay a person to do it, it is part of the cost of the book. it isn't easily distinguishable from other costs, but it is still there. you can "account for it as part of their salary" all you want, but that is still money spent on producing the book, and it still needs to be taken into account when setting the price for the book.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

And neither Pepsi nor I are saying ITS NOT PART OF THE COST. We are saying it's not a SIGNIFICANT part of the cost you keep insinuating. Bloody he!! Would you actually READ what's being said rather the knee jerk defending all the bloody time. Ffs.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

How much income other than book sales does Palladium have?
Merch can't be a lot.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Considering Kevin considered selling 150 decks of playing cards in 2+ plus months as "selling like hotcakes" then no I imagine merch sales are not very much in any way shape or form.....

I'd say they had a perfect items/articles to sell as PDF only but they instead preferred to put them increasingly in Rifters.....and that is the "Official Articles" of material "Cut" from actual books. Sell a set of characters sheets, merc company/organization/travelling show etc creation worksheets.

Even now they could take some older Rifter articles and release them individual as official if they are warranted, like the CS article on variant Mk V APCs that also had a "Gunship" variant of the Original Death's Head Transport, etc. The only question would be would they, for some reason, need to repay the authors of said articles?

There is at least ONE article in every Rifter released that I use as "official/canon" in MY games....so at least 84 articles that would be VERY handy to have on their own rather than going through full Rifter issues AND it makes them available to those who DON'T or DIDN'T get Rifters.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

jaymz wrote:Considering Kevin considered selling 150 decks of playing cards in 2+ plus months as "selling like hotcakes" then no I imagine merch sales are not very much in any way shape or form.....

I've never sold hotcakes, but selling 150 packs of 54 hotcakes in 2+ months wouldn't be too bad, I expect.
That's 8100 hotcakes over 60 days, after all!
:D
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

:lol:

\m/

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”