Getting back into Rifts again

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

necraphis
D-Bee

Getting back into Rifts again

Unread post by necraphis »

I have never posted on the boards before, but I have been a long time lurker. I recently started renewing my interests in all things Palladium and Rifts as I near my retirement from the AF. It struck me as I was going through the books I have purchase physically and digitally, that there is a large emphasis on activities that would be attributed to the dark side. In someways it makes total sense, humanity throughout the megaverse is adversely affected by the minions of darkness and their sinister plots. But it got me wondering, where are the creatures of light? This epic chess match between the powers of darkness are unfolding in a variety of ways throughout the megaverse with heroes rising up to face them down and there are some hints to assistance or random development of powers and abilities. Are these attributable to the powers of light? Or even the gods of light and darkness are somewhat casually sitting on the sidelines waiting for coach to put them into the game so they can move pieces around the megaversal chess board. Where are the battle angels and the seraphs that once held back the Old Ones minions so heroes could seal them away in their enchanted slumber?

What I have loved most about Palladium, since my mother gifted me my first book in 1996 Rifts, is that there is absolutely no ceiling on Palladium's megaverse. You can play ratling thief and your friend can play a dragon hatchling and if you have a good story teller you can spin a tale of friendship and mischief, trials and tribulations, that includes successes and defeats. That the team at Palladium has consistently argued that what they offer is fantasy to help flesh out the worlds we build. The rules are a suggestion, the decision for what a particular DM/GM allows or modifies at their table is 100% expected.

I suspect the answer to where the forces of light are is most likely, we are swamped with ideas for creatures of darkness and how the megaverse needs to rely on mortals (humans and Dbees) of all races for success against the agents of darkness!

Thank you to team Palladium for giving us such an exciting playground to play in.
Necraphis

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”