Palladium Fantasy RPG: Garden on the Gods - Raw Preview Ed.

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Palladium Fantasy RPG: Garden on the Gods - Raw Preview Ed.

Unread post by AlexM »

Limited to 150 total copies. This is your chance to see the unedited, unillustrated manuscript before the release of the actual book. Scheduled for release on March 15th.

https://palladium-store.com/1001/produc ... eview.html

Alex Marciniszyn
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Re: Palladium Fantasy RPG: Garden on the Gods - Raw Preview

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Can't wait to get idea of the direction we're going for Lopan.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

Reagren Wright wrote:Can't wait to get idea of the direction we're going for Lopan.

Did you contribute to this book at all?
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Jack Burton wrote:
Reagren Wright wrote:Can't wait to get idea of the direction we're going for Lopan.

Did you contribute to this book at all?

To Garden of the Gods, nope. I did ask Matt a few questions about where they planned on put it so in writing Lopan I didn't put something
else on top of it. I literally have no idea what's in this book.
AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

And this preview edition is also shipping now.

Alex Marciniszyn
Reagren Wright

I just skimmed over the raw copy. This book has some pretty neat concepts in them. A Clash of the
Titans (the original) and Quest for the Holy Grail blend that will bring something different to the
Palladium World. Neat tweeks to the Knight O.C.C. and I love anything that has players interacting
with gods. With just passing glance I can also tell you there doesn't appear anything that will
require anything to be rewritten in Lopan. I look forward to reading the final version. Fantastic
story elements and some awesome adventure links. Well done guys.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Reagren Wright wrote:

I just skimmed over the raw copy. This book has some pretty neat concepts in them. A Clash of the
Titans (the original) and Quest for the Holy Grail blend that will bring something different to the
Palladium World. Neat tweeks to the Knight O.C.C. and I love anything that has players interacting
with gods. With just passing glance I can also tell you there doesn't appear anything that will
require anything to be rewritten in Lopan. I look forward to reading the final version. Fantastic

Great news! Really want Phi and Lopan!
How goes the map project?
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Reagren Wright

zyanitevp wrote:
Reagren Wright wrote:

Great news! Really want Phi and Lopan!
How goes the map project?

Well I was done with my end while Will needed to do some edits and add a few bits of stuff. Recently I will credit a post on the Fantasy
boards got me ponder something and I think I'll have to include it a fantasy fix for it. Before I do though I need to make sure it makes sense.
Thinking are looking good. When will we be done with it, hard to say. Life and other commitmemts sometimes get in the way.
Pencroff357
D-Bee

Unread post by Pencroff357 »

Looks great, aaaand... That's gonna be all sold out when I get paid :D
Well, I'm a newcomer to the Palladium universe anyways, a friend of mine "introduced" me to the series mere weeks ago, I'll grab some collectibles when I'll be knowledgeable enough to deserve them!
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Reagren Wright wrote:I just skimmed over the raw copy. This book has some pretty neat concepts in them. A Clash of the Titans (the original) and Quest for the Holy Grail blend that will bring something different to the Palladium World. Neat tweeks to the Knight O.C.C. and I love anything that has players interacting with gods. With just passing glance I can also tell you there doesn't appear anything that will require anything to be rewritten in Lopan. I look forward to reading the final version. Fantastic story elements and some awesome adventure links. Well done guys.

Hi there,

I enjoyed Garden of the Gods quite a bit. It is all about Forgotten Gods! Love that.

Here my two cents:

1. I have no idea how you get to "Clash of Titans", Glen. Also, I do not see much of "Quest for the Holy Grail", especially not of the Python kind, as it is not about a grail at all. As much as I love Monty Python, the satire is fittingly absent from a serious Palladium Fantasy product. That said, I can see how you got there as the book offers LOADS of possibilities for questing for forgotten Gods. And THAT, I absolutely love.

2. In the final version, I hope to see the Forgotten Gods statted out. I would also LOVE additional rules to the short treatise on the subject of Forgotten Gods in the epic and brilliant Dragons & Gods. It would be great to see the stats of the forgotten gods in the Garden, i.e. (a) how they looked when they were in power and either (b) what their stats today are or (c) specify which of them really has turned itself into a statue.

3. I would love to get details on the forgotten gods mentioned in Dragons and Gods, such as Abo , Damu, Ginja, Kule, Ma, Puno, and Wunja (of the Aco and Juggernaut pantheon) or about "The Forgotten God who created [the world]" or the forgotten gods of the pantheon of Rurga of whom Panath is the last remaining.

4. I love the fluff text, especially the mention of the Lopanic Olympiad, although I would, by far, prefer the name "Lopanic Games". A reference to an Olympiad does not make much sense in a world were Mount Olympus and the Olympian pantheon are happily and notoriously absent.

5. The various tables are inspiring and useful.

6. The description of the Garden is well done! Such a weird and most magical place, kind of representative of the whole world "in a nutshell".

7. The O.C.C.s (3) are interesting. The special Garden knight OCC is cool, some great special abilities to set the class apart. The Warden OCC, in my book, is super useless and I hope to see some tweaks. The Caretaker OCC is nice, but I cannot see anyone play it. Maybe give him a "warrior-druid" twist and it could be a very valuable addition.

8. The Forgotten Gods are, overall, very interesting. Some are, to my taste, brilliant, like the Blade-Maiden, The Mad Frog God or the Lupine Twins. A few are, to my taste, a bit superfluous - you can see why they were forgotten. Lots of opportunities of Forgotten God appearances. If you like Buffalo from "American Gods" by Neil Gaman or the failed ascendants from the books of Steven Erickson you will feel very welcome in the Garden. Definitely adds lore to the "Forgotten Gods" entry in Dragons & Gods or, rather, makes them literally get a place in the world. Would love to read more about how Forgotten Gods manifest in other places.

9. The Black Pit is *singing* A-W-E-S-O-M-E *singing\end*. Very much looking forward to see further text added to that place.

Overall: I had great fun to stroll through the Garden! Lots of adventure leads and opportunities across Palladium. Also, a nice inspiration to introduce (and make up more) Forgotten Gods! CANNOT wait for this book to come out in its final version. A good addition to the PFRPG line. Very much hope to see LOPAN and LOPANIC GAMES next and soon, followed by LOD 3 and more MYSTERIES OF MAGIC :-)

Super happy that PFRPG is getting love! (well, I know it has lots of love but I mean new books)

Cheers,
Hendrik
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”