ETA of Rifts Bestiary 1 release?

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Myrrhibis
Dungeon Crawler

ETA of Rifts Bestiary 1 release?

Unread post by Myrrhibis »

So this week's Newsletter still says it's in Production, and that Bestiary 2 will be released end of December... In a newsletter dated Dec 21.

Whats the status of it? Cuz between the suspension of the Rifter after #84, and the glacially slow releases for 2018, I am not sure that my group is going to want to continue to play Rifts (or anything else from PB) when we resume after the holidays.

Which makes me sad, after playing PB games for the past 31 years.
Myrrhibis
--the VAwitchy Gamer Chick
Help my eggs & hatchlings to grow to hatch: Get your own @ Dragcave.net

zerombr
Adventurer
Comment: Rifter Contributer 79, 81,82,83,84

Re: ETA of Rifts Bestiary 1 release?

Unread post by zerombr »

not to sound antagonistic, but is your game that dependent on new supplemental books coming out? I'm wanting to gauge whats up with that.
"The Guides to the Megaverse(tm)" Podcast at https://guidesmegaverse.podbean.com/
Author of "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79, "Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81, "Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
"Saving the World", and "On the Hunt" - Rifter 83
and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

During Grab Bag season, everything get kind of put on hold because it takes a lot of work to locate product and ship everything in boxes. If you've ever been
the warehouse you'll understand. Also you got 4-6 people working.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

zerombr wrote:not to sound antagonistic, but is your game that dependent on new supplemental books coming out? I'm wanting to gauge whats up with that.

That's my general reaction when people talk about quitting Rifts because there's not enough new stuff coming out.
There's already enough material for a decade or two s worth of campaigns.
More is always nice... but I don't get why it would be necessary in order to play.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

Myrrhibis wrote:So this week's Newsletter still says it's in Production, and that Bestiary 2 will be released end of December... In a newsletter dated Dec 21.

Whats the status of it? Cuz between the suspension of the Rifter after #84, and the glacially slow releases for 2018, I am not sure that my group is going to want to continue to play Rifts (or anything else from PB) when we resume after the holidays.

You may have played material from every Rifts book ever published if you've been playing that long, but has your group? Do you own all Rifts titles? I suggest you take a look here for ideas for some Rifts books to buy:

http://www.palladiumbooks.com/cuttingro ... wnload.pdf

Before you threaten to take your ball and go home, consider every non-Rifts Palladium fan who has suffered at the hands of that line. After several years, I'm still waiting for the core rules of Beyond the Supernatural 2 to be written and for Hardware Unlimited to come out. I'm going out on a limb and guessing that BtS and HU weren't repeatedly ignored due to the constant publication of Mechanoids books.

I think everyone realizes Rifts keeps the lights on at Palladium, so griping about non-Rifts titles is kept to a low rumble. Having a Rifts player complain about the publication of Rifts titles to the extent of quitting the game, though? First time I've ever heard of that.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Reagren Wright wrote:During Grab Bag season, everything get kind of put on hold because it takes a lot of work to locate product and ship everything in boxes. If you've ever been
the warehouse you'll understand. Also you got 4-6 people working.

And even if you get it to the printer at this time of year you hit holiday snarl ups so chance of anything getting pushed out end of december is highly optimistic expect Jan or Feb.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Jack Burton wrote:
Myrrhibis wrote:So this week's Newsletter still says it's in Production, and that Bestiary 2 will be released end of December... In a newsletter dated Dec 21.

You may have played material from every Rifts book ever published if you've been playing that long, but has your group? Do you own all Rifts titles? I suggest you take a look here for ideas for some Rifts books to buy:

Before you threaten to take your ball and go home, consider every non-Rifts Palladium fan who has suffered at the hands of that line. After several years, I'm still waiting for the core rules of Beyond the Supernatural 2 to be written and for Hardware Unlimited to come out. I'm going out on a limb and guessing that BtS and HU weren't repeatedly ignored due to the constant publication of Mechanoids books.

I think everyone realizes Rifts keeps the lights on at Palladium, so griping about non-Rifts titles is kept to a low rumble. Having a Rifts player complain about the publication of Rifts titles to the extent of quitting the game, though? First time I've ever heard of that.

Pft you know they're not publishing it just because you said you wanted them. They were sitting in the warehouse when we were there with the sign dont release till Jack Burton quits. You know what the ol' Jack Burton says? It's a good day for BTS and HU when they dont stop printing the current stuff.

Besides it is all being held up because they had to edit all their old books to change the release date for Mechanoids Space to ∞ ;)

Merry Christmas everyone!!!
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Jack Burton wrote:

Pft you know they're not publishing it just because you said you wanted them. They were sitting in the warehouse when we were there with the sign dont release till Jack Burton quits. You know what the ol' Jack Burton says? It's a good day for BTS and HU when they dont stop printing the current stuff.

Besides it is all being held up because they had to edit all their old books to change the release date for Mechanoids Space to ∞ ;)

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Hahahah... You know that Mechanoids reference I made was for you!
zerombr
Adventurer

Unread post by zerombr »

yeah I'd love new non-Rifts stuff, but you're exactly right, that's the game that keeps the lights on. Which is why I liked the Rifter so much
"The Guides to the Megaverse(tm)" Podcast at https://guidesmegaverse.podbean.com/
Author of "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79, "Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81, "Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

zerombr wrote:yeah I'd love new non-Rifts stuff, but you're exactly right, that's the game that keeps the lights on. Which is why I liked the Rifter so much

At least that way you kept getting a little snack right?
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Wow a thread of people mocking someone for asking when the new book is actually coming out.

And people wonder why it's sometimes hard to find people to play palladium games....

I mean, what could possibly be the reason....

~~~

To answer the Op, The book will not be out this year. As stated it's the holiday season which sees a lot of printing. The standard 2-3 week turn around for printing goes up to 4-6 between thanksgiving and the second week of January. That's with out any sort of Palladium slow down.

As it's not off to the printer, they couldn't possibly get it back before the end of the year. Even if we went with the 2-3 week turn around(Which as noted we can't), it wouldn't be out till the second week of Jan.

But it's -not- at the printer and it's Christmas eve. It's not like it's soooooo close to done they didn't send it off and will send it off next week some time. So you can expect time -after- the holiday + Print time

Palladium also loooove their holidays and are... shall we call it.. "Slow to regain momentum afterwards".

You might see the book by Valentines day, but don't bet the house on it. I'd say second week of Feb at the absolute earliest. More likely March or after.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
zerombr
Adventurer

Unread post by zerombr »

nah man, I'm not mocking anyone. Despite some views I have against power gaming, I'm totally in the camp of 'lets all have fun, guys.' I legit was interested in why the bestiary was so important.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Wait.....Palladium is taking an inordinate amount of time to get a book finished and to the printers?

I'm shocked I tells you, SHOCKED!

Considering this book has been his apparent main focus since something like May.....and is mostly reprinted material with some new art.....Yeah at this point even early march might be optimistic....
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Myrrhibis
Dungeon Crawler

Jack Burton wrote:

Oh I totally agree about the focus on Rifts to the detriment of their other lines. I'd really like to see those BTS supplements, as well as more Fantasy or NB.

And no, it's not that dependent for me, mainly that I'd like updated stats & locations for many of the monsters, but I've got several players that also look at lack of *any* new PB material aside from Rifter, and it's hard to argue that the system isn't dying.
(I have the books for the various lines, only one I don't personally own are the Dead Reign, as that's more my co-GM cup o tea so they're bought as gifts for him)

None of the LFGS have stocked PB products in over 10 years, and several won't even allow pre-orders anymore.

It's just that I'd really really hoped that of the handful of titles said to be "in production" for 2018, we've seen.. 2? that weren't Raw books.
Though I hadn't realized that they were so lightly staffed even during Grab Bag season.
Myrrhibis

jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

I'd say 1+ not 2. I am legion was mostly reprinted rifter material.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

jaymz wrote:I'd say 1+ not 2. I am legion was mostly reprinted rifter material.

I think Rifts Sovietski was the other one.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Yeah that is why i said 1+ but not 2.

Sovietskii and I am Legion are the two "new" books that weren't raw or rifters.

\m/
Myrrhibis
Dungeon Crawler

jaymz wrote:Yeah that is why i said 1+ but not 2.

Sovietskii and I am Legion are the two "new" books that weren't raw or rifters.

Also final copy of Secrets of the Atlanteans, right? Or did that drop right before Q4 17?
Myrrhibis

jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

mid 2017 for atlanteans

\m/

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”