Palladium Books® Weekly Update – March 28, 2019
By Kevin Siembieda
One game system – every genre – countless worlds – endless adventure
The Rifts® Bestiary™ Vol. One Megaverse® Insider Offer is off to a great start. The Ultimate Benefactor offer sold within hours of going live (thank you!), and we have sold most (only 5 left) of the Benefactor offers in which your name becomes an unstatted character in the book itself. This particular bundle is limited to only a dozen, unless Charles “Chuck” Walton manages to find a few other concept drawings to expand this category (which wouldn’t be more than another 3-5, I think). Of course, the two limited edition hardcovers and the PDF are the other hot items, but we are seeing interest in most of the categories, including Inside Help (thanks!). Our heartfelt appreciation to everyone supporting this fun and unique offer. And because we are well into the final production of Rifts® Bestiary™ Vol. One, it should ship not too long after the Megaverse Insider Offer ends. Not months and months or a year later; we’re hoping end of April. If you haven’t taken a look at this offer yet, please do. Time is running out, with a little more than a week left to order yours. More details below.
As usual, a lot is going on. I finished approvals for the text and all the artwork for the next three Rifts® for Savage Worlds books coming from Pinnacle. They are pretty darn awesome. Some of the best writing I’ve seen and a consistent high quality of artwork. It is nice when you work with a licensee that cares about the I.P. (Intellectual Property) and is good to work with. All three of the new titles are set in North America, and Pinnacle will be launching their Kickstarter for them mid-April. I will keep you posted.
Due to popular demand, Palladium is bringing back Rifts® baseball caps. There will be three types of new Rifts® baseball caps – 1) screen printed red Rifts® logo printed on a black cap ($11.99), 2) premium embroidered baseball cap – black cap with red Rifts® logo ($21.99), and 3) a navy blue cap with white embroidered Rifts® logo ($21.99). We’re trying a new supplier, so we are as anxious to see the quality as you are. We are also going to be offering a different style of coffee mug (16 ounce, probably $10.99 each) that we think looks pretty sweet. We’ll be offering a Rifts® mug with the full logo (the classic Kevin Long art and Rifts® logo), a Property of the Coalition States™ mug, and a Fantasy mug (classic FRPG dragon); each has the image on both sides of the mug. We’ll announce them all when they are back from the printer and in stock, probably the end of April.
Otherwise I have been working away on books, primarily Rifts® Bestiary™ Vol. One, but also bits and pieces for In the Face of Death™ for Dead Reign®, and a few other projects. Plus plotting convention season, promotion, etc. We are still working on the Digital Palladium Fantasy RPG® Character Sheets. Will let you know when they go live.
By the way, that video interview I did for the Artichoke Dip YouTube channel is rapidly approaching 1,000 views. The host recently added a very good and comprehensive review of the Dead Reign® RPG setting. Apparently, he was pleasantly surprised to see that Dead Reign® goes beyond the usual convention involving zombies, and that we put a very Palladium twist on surviving the Zombie Apocalypse. You can check both of them out here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY4Ne0FHlPq7qUMti4H--zA
As I mentioned last Update, you can find MORE excellent video interviews with Palladium writers and artists like Charles Walton II, Carl Gleba, Brandon Aten, Carmen Bellaire, Apollo Okamura, Amy L. Ashbaugh and others – go to Questwise.
And you can catch a great interview with me, Sean Patrick Fannon (Rifts® Savage Worlds), Cameron Cleveland (G.M. Supreme), and the host after Episode 19 on at https://voiceofhopepodcast.podbean.com and on iTunes.
Megaverse® Insider: Rifts® Bestiary™ Vol. One – Limited Time Pre-Sale Offer – Only a week and a few days left to get yours
What is a Megaverse® Insider Offer?
Besides fun and unique opportunities rarely available to the average gamer, the Rifts® Bestiary Megaverse® Insider< gives you the chance to get one or more of the following, depending on which item or bundle(s) you purchase. But do it fast because you only have a little more than ONE week before this deal ends.
Summary of Megaverse® Insider Items for Rifts® Bestiary™ Vol. One
Note: Please read the full store description or the March 22 Weekly Update for complete details and to avoid any possible misunderstanding. We know many of you are probably new to the Megaverse Insider Offer and we do not want you to miss out. Offer ends April 8, 2019, and some bundles are limited to just one or a dozen.
Inside Help: $5 – Cat. No. 12031 – (Name listed in the book)
In Memoriam: $5 – Cat. No. 12032 – (Name listed in the book)
A “Real” Character Tribute: $10 – Cat. No. 12033 – (Character’s name listed in the book)
Cyber-Insider (PDF of book only): $16 – Cat. No. 12034 – (Name listed in the book + the bookmarked PDF at least 6 months before it is made available to the general public)
Palladium Insider: $50 – Cat. No. 12035 – (Name listed in the book + you get one Limited Edition Hardcover Edition – Color Cover)
Crimson Beast Insider: $75 – Cat. No. 12036 – (Name listed in the book + you get one signed and numbered, Limited Edition “Crimson Beast” Collector’s Hardcover)
Enhanced Crimson Beast Insider: $90 – Cat. No. 12037 – (Name listed in the book + you get the PDF + signed and numbered, Limited Edition “Crimson Beast” Collector’s Hardcover)
Top Insider: $145 – Cat. No. 12038 – (Name listed in the book + you get both limited edition hardcover books, signed, PDF, dragon head sketch, print)
Ultimate Insider: $200 – Cat. No. 12039 – (Name listed in the book + you get both hardcover books signed, PDF, Siembieda dragon head sketch, Walton monster sketch in book, 5 prints, 2 Raw Editions)
GOING FAST!! Benefactor: $500 – LIMITED to 12 Benefactors, ONLY 5 Left – Cat. No. 12040 – (Name listed in the book + you get both hardcover books signed, PDF, Siembieda dragon head sketch, Walton monster sketch in book, something Top Secret, 10 prints, your name as an unstatted character in the book, AND an original concept art sketch)
SOLD OUT! Ultimate Benefactor: $1,400 – LIMITED to ONE – Cat. No. RB-UB1 – Name listed in the book + you get both hardcover books signed, PDF, Siembieda dragon head sketch, Walton monster sketch in book, something Top Secret, 10 prints, your name as an unstatted character in the book, 2 original concept art sketches – the original pencil art of the cover – AND you get to create a creature to appear in Rifts® Bestiary Two!)
It’s just a little more than ONE WEEK before this deal ends, and some items are very limited. You do not want to miss this offer.
Many items, like the two hardcover editions, should become instant collectibles worth more than what you paid for them. Why? Because if our Megaverse Insiders only purchase 220 copies, or 50 copies, then that (plus a few dozen for staff, friends and special promotions) is ALL we are printing. There are no more to be printed. Not ever. This is it. ONLY those of you Insiders who buy one or two (plus the few dozen extra for Palladium’s own use) have a copy of that super-rare, super-limited, exclusive hardcover!
That makes you a true “insider” and the item special and rare. Since this is the only print run and there are so few printed, the resale market value should be instantly more than what you paid for it. The Palladium RPG® Crimson Hardcover and the original Rifts® Gold Hardcover sell for $300-$600 on the collectors’ market, and they had press runs of 500 and 600 copies, respectively. (FYI: The Rifts® Ultimate Gold Edition had a press run of 1,500 copies and it still regularly commands three and four times the original selling price.) Note: We may also do a limited Gold Edition available to the public, separate from the two super-limited hardcovers in this Insider offer, or not. Haven’t decided yet.
LIMITED TIME OFFER: ALL of these items are only available during the short ONE WEEK or so remaining. Most will NEVER BE OFFERED AGAIN. THIS IS YOUR ONLY CHANCE TO GET MANY OF THEM. Offer ends April 8, 2018. And a few bundles are limited. See palladiumbooks.com for complete details.
ORDERING the Megaverse® Insider – The Megaverse® Insider is hosted on palladiumbooks.com from now thru April 8. You make advance purchases of the select Megaverse® Insider offers exactly the same way you would place any online order for a game or sourcebook from the Palladium Books store. Each item has its own catalog number, price and page at the Palladium Books online store. Note: Some higher tier items are limited in number, we hope you understand. For telephone orders, call 734-721-2903 (order line only).
You can order as many different items as you’d like, and you can place multiple orders for the same item, with only two exceptions.
One last thing, please spread the word to your gaming friends and collectors, and post about it online wherever you can think of. We are only advertising this to YOU – our Palladium fans and insiders – and the offer is for a very short time: Now thru April 8, 2019. Become a Megaverse® Insider.
COMING SOON: Rifts® Bestiary™ Volume One
This is the first big “Monster Book” reference ever done for Rifts®. Rifts® Bestiary™ Volume One collects nearly 100 animals, and offers more than a dozen new beasts found across North America. Presented in alphabetical order with the first third or half appearing in the 224-256 page Volume One, and the rest appearing in Volume Two. Actually, we may need a Volume Three because there are so many monsters and exotic animals in Rifts North America alone! Each is highly detailed and expanded, offering adventure ideas, and accompanied with a map that shows were they can be encountered, at a glance.
Rifts® Bestiary™ Volume One is nearing completion. There are only the last couple dozen creatures requiring updating and final writing, the finishing of the maps for each, then layout and printing. As soon as it arrives back from the printer, we ship it to you!
All upcoming Rifts® Bestiary™ books will be great resources for players and G.M.s alike, with creatures that can be used as familiars, pets, riding animals, guard animals, and in some cases, even unlikely allies. Others are slobbering monsters or ravenous predators who include humans and D-Bees among their prey. All will give you plenty of spice to add to your characters and adventures. And each has a map that shows at a glance exactly where to find these beasts.
- Monsters and animals of Rifts North America organized into two (maybe three) big, easy to use sourcebooks.
- Updated descriptions and information for existing monsters.
- Updated and uniform stat blocks.
- New predators, exotic riding animals, beasts of burden, alien horrors, giant insects and more.
- A map for every creature showing where it is found.
- Easily adapted to any Palladium setting; basic S.D.C. stats included for each creature description.
- Fully illustrated, with art by Charles Walton II, Ramon Perez, Siembieda and many others. Written by Kevin Siembieda.
- 224-256 pages each volume – $26.99 retail – Cat. No. 896 (Volume One) – in final production. April release (tentative).
UPDATE: Psychic Scream™
I’m lining up artists for this title.
UPDATE: In the Face of Death™, a sourcebook for Dead Reign®
I approved a few new sketches and extended the art deadline a couple of weeks. Most of the art for this book is done, and the rest is coming in a few weeks. Just in time for me to dive back into the writing. Still shooting to make In the Face of Death™ a spring release.
UPDATE: Titan Robotics™
I’ve got Mark Dudley working on some interior art and lining up other artists to get busy on Titan Robotics™ for a summer release. Waiting to see John Zeleznik’s concept sketches for the cover. The Raw Preview Edition gives you a great idea of what you can expect when the finished book is released later this summer.
UPDATE: Garden of the Gods™
Some art is done and I’m lining up others. Garden of the Gods™ is going to be unique and fun. The Raw Preview Edition gives you a great idea of what you can expect when the finished book is released later this summer. We cannot wait to get all these books into your hands.
UPDATE: Rifts® Antarctica™
I know Carmen is pretty pumped up about his contributions to the book, though I suspect he’ll need a bit more time finishing writing it. Rifts® Antarctica™ is going to surprise and delight a lot of people.
UPDATE: The Rifter® #83
Far from forgotten. Material is being selected for The Rifter® #83 now.
UPDATE: Rifts® The Disavowed AND Other Titles
We are anxious to put as many of the books you've been waiting for into your hands over the next 18 months, as we can. That includes The Rifter® #83 and #84, Rifts® The Disavowed, Rifts® CS Arsenal, Living Nowhere, the Beyond the Supernatural™ sourcebooks, more Fantasy sourcebooks and more. So if a book you are waiting for is not mentioned in an Update, it means there is nothing new to report, but it should still be in the pipeline and news for it will be coming in the weeks or months ahead. Right now, we are focused on releases for the next six months, which by our count is 6-7 titles.
We continue to prep a number of new PDF releases for DriveThruRPG, including the three Rifts® Novels, The Rifter® #80, more Paper Minis, a few free things, and maybe a few surprises, so keep your eyes peeled.
Recent PDF additions include The Rifter® #79: gaming through history, the Kingdom of Rifts® New Oslo®, a Rifts® short story, the Heroes Unlimited™ Stage Magician, tips on running a campaign, and more. The Rifter® #78 with the Modern Necromancer for use with Nightbane® and other settings, the City of Khemennu Part 2 for Palladium Fantasy®, the Nexus Zone for Rifts®, the aftermath of I Am Legion for Splicers® and more. Rifts® Heroes of Humanity™, the Coalition's response to the escalating Minion War™ crisis, uniting D-Bees, mages and heroes of every stripe to stand against this Demon Plague. CS psychics and Psi-Battalion, CS Demon Hunter, new CS power armor, cyborgs, gear, special training and more. Dead Reign® Paper Miniatures Volume Three: Zombies, Dead Reign® Paper Miniatures Volume Two: Civilians and Dead Reign® Paper Miniatures Volume One: Survivors. There are also paper miniatures for Heroes Unlimited™, Palladium Fantasy® and Rifts®. A new, up-to-date, PDF Palladium Books Catalog. Nightbane® Dark Designs™ sourcebook with 60 new Common Talents, 38 new Elite Talents, 18 new Morphus Tables, all other Morphus Tables collected and more. Systems Failure™ RPG, a 160 page RPG that deals with alien invasion and a post-apocalypse setting that is fun and dynamic. Civilization is on the verge of collapse when the so-called "bugs" invade and turn humans into zombie-like slaves. Monsters, heroes and fun. A complete RPG and setting. Rifts® World Book 34: Northern Gun™ Two: 256 pages of technology and fun. 30+ power armors, 30+ body armors, 15 combat vehicles, 45 vehicles (hovercycles, etc.), 10 robot haulers, the Robodome and more. Bizantium and the Northern Islands™: the northernmost part of the Known World, the Cold Born, Necromancy ships made from dead sea serpents, 15 creatures, Random Sea Monster Generator, and more. Rifts® Northern Gun™ One. This fan favorite might be thought of as the big book of giant robots – an in-depth look at Northern Gun, 70+ weapons, 27 robots, NG O.C.C.s, key people and places, and much more. Mysteries of Magic™ Book One: The Heart of Magic™ with Wizards, their Apprentices, nearly 60 new magic spells and remember, magic and monsters in the Fantasy RPG are easily adapted to Rifts®, Chaos Earth®, HU2 and other settings. Wolfen Empire™ Fantasy sourcebook, the Great Northern Wilderness and Killer Winters, 12 Wolfen Tribes, Wolfen military and society, 15+ creatures, 5 full adventures, 101 adventure ideas, random encounter tables, notable people, places, plus FREE Sneak Previews of The Rifter® #80, The Rifter® #81, The Rifter® #82, and more on DriveThruRPG.com.
- Rifts® is a genre-bending setting that combines science fiction, fantasy, horror, post-apocalypse survival, magic, and endless possibilities for adventure. Imagine a near perfect world of advanced technology 100 years in the future. Then imagine that world crashing down overnight in an apocalyptic upheaval not seen since the formation of the planet. A Great Cataclysm caused by the explosive return of magic. Now fast forward 300 years into the future where magic, dragons, and mythic gods coexist with cyborgs, giant robots and super-science rediscovered from humanity's Golden Age as humans rise from a lengthy Dark Age. But they must contend with countless alien life forms, monsters, and supernatural horrors from beyond the Rifts.
- Rifts® core titles we would suggest: Rifts® Ultimate Edition, Rifts® Game Master Guide, Rifts® Book of Magic, Rifts® Adventure Guide, D-Bees of North America™, Rifts® World Book 11: Coalition War Campaign and Rifts® Sourcebook One. Note: The Rifts® RPG, 1st Edition and Rifts® Ultimate, 2nd Edition are both available.
- 80+ Rifts® supplements, most of them available as PDFs with more coming. Where to start? Wherever sounds fun.
- Rifts® Dimension Books™: Travel to alien worlds and dimensions via the Rifts for off-world adventure and intrigue.
- Rifts® Chaos Earth® RPG and sourcebook series (all). Live through the Great Cataclysm and the Coming of the Rifts. Rifts® Chaos Earth® RPG, Creatures of Chaos™, Rise of Magic™, and Chaos Earth® Resurrection™ are all available.
- FREE Sneak Previews for Nightbane® Dark Designs™, Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™, Rifts® CS Heroes of Humanity, and many other previews as well as free and low cost items that we make available. All of it adds to the growing list of Rifts and other Palladium RPG game titles available as PDF books, cards and support. A new title should be added every week or two, so keep watching for them.
- The Rifter® #1-77. Each issue is a wealth of source material and ideas for several game lines, but most material can be easily adapted to ANY Palladium game world. Each issue a gem.
- Splicers® RPG is like Iron Man meets Game of Thrones with elements of Terminator – except this army of Iron Men are clad in living body armor and wield living, organic weapons and devices. Created in 2004 by writer and game designer Carmen Bellaire, Splicers® was nominated for an Inquest Gamer Magazine Fan Awards Game of the Year, and has since developed a rabid fan base. Science fiction and horror where humans are forced to use genetically engineered, living weapons and organic war machines to battle an insane Artificial Intelligence and her robot legions. Unlike anything you have ever played before!
- Splicers®: I Am Legion™ Adventure Sourcebook: 6 new Great Houses, 4 new Host Armors, 6 new War Mounts, 19 new Bio-Weapons, 15 new killer machines, new Bio-Enhancements, Amalgam creation tables, Legion and a series of adventures that build into a small campaign, and more.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, 1st Edition Rules and sourcebooks. A unique world of magic, monsters and heroes. Dozens of nonhuman player characters including Wolfen, Bearmen, Ogres, Orcs and more. 100,000 years of history.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, 2nd Edition Rules and many sourcebooks. The expanded world of high fantasy, magic, mystery and heroes of every variety. Includes the Mind Mage and psychic abilities, mages and spells, magic circles and symbols, men-at-arms, scoundrels and a wide range of inhuman player characters including Wolfen, Bearmen, Ogres, Orcs and many more. 100,000 years of history.
- Heroes Unlimited™ RPG first edition rule book and sourcebooks.
- Heroes Unlimited™ RPG Second Edition rule book and sourcebooks. Create any type of superhuman you can desire and bring comic book adventures to life.
- Dead Reign® RPG (Zombie Apocalypse). The dead have risen. It is the battle for survival in the zombie apocalypse, but this setting is much more than your typical zombie game. Play ordinary people or special characters better equipped to survive and hunt zombies. Many unusual types of zombies.
- Dead Reign® Sourcebooks: 6 sourcebooks from Civilization Gone™ to Hell Followed™ (the latter features stats for 23 disasters, masked lunatics, 11 new zombies, 7 apocalyptic character classes, and more) are available.
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, 1st Edition Rules. Supernatural horror in the modern world. Play ordinary people, psychics, paranormal investigators or for something different: Victim Characters!
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, 2nd Edition: The complete, revised core game, 14 character classes and 42 occupations for "ordinary people," 100+ psychic abilities, 16 monsters, the Lazlo Agency, world setting and rules.
- Nightbane® RPG and sourcebooks. An RPG setting we call superhero horror. Dark conspiracy, a secret, demon invasion starting with world leaders and law enforcement, and it is spreading. The player characters are the Nightbane®, reluctant superhumans who must turn into monsters themselves to unleash their powers and battle the evil that is clear only to them. A dark, sinister and challenging world of horror.
- After the Bomb® RPG and sourcebooks. Planet of the Apes meets the X-Men! Animal creations, powers and more. Create any type of intelligent mutant animal you can imagine as friend or foe.
- Ninjas & Superspies™ RPG and the Mystic China™ sourcebook. James Bond meets Enter the Dragon. 41 types of martial arts, ninjas, and super-spies with gadgets, gizmos and advanced weapons.
- The Mechanoid Invasion® Trilogy RPG is a long time, cult favorite with a fatalistic world-view of humans vs aliens with superior technology.
- The Palladium Weapon Series of real world weapons, armor and castles throughout history. Designed for use with ANY game system.
- 200+ Palladium titles in all, plus G.M. kits, paper miniatures and more.
- Heroes Unlimited™ Paper Miniatures – Two sets are now available!
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® Paper Miniatures – Volumes #1-6 are available now. More are coming in the weeks ahead.
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Men at Arms – $2.99
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Coalition Dead Boys – $2.99
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Adventurers – $2.99
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Practitioners of Magic (new) – $2.99
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Extras (new) – $2.99
- And more to come in the weeks ahead.
Artwork by Charles Walton II, Kevin Long and others, Negatives, Toys and Collectibles always available in Kevin's Online Toy & Collectibles eBay Store along with other good things
My eBay store is one of the few places where you can find original artwork by Charles "Chuck" Walton, Kevin Long, and others, as well as one-of-a-kind negatives from classic Rifts® and other Palladium RPG books (they look awesome framed!), rare Palladium collector hardcovers, signed books, other Palladium memorabilia, toys from my personal collection and other collectibles. Check every couple of weeks because we often post new stuff or offer a new sale. There is a sale on negatives starting today, in fact.
Other one-of-a-kind original artwork available by me (Kevin Siembieda), Kevin Long, Charles Walton II (money goes to the artist), other artists, as well as collectible negatives, prints, limited edition hardcovers, proofreader copies, out of print items, Star Wars toys, Marvel toys and many other toys and collectibles from my personal collection. Alex and I will keep adding items as our busy schedules allow, but we have a lot of fun collectibles available now and coming soon. Hundreds of items. Take a look every weekend for new additions.
Available now: One-of-a-kind book negatives. Negatives were very popular items at the Palladium Open House and people went crazy over them at Gen Con – including actor Joe Manganiello who scooped up a pile of TMNT negatives, while Palladium's own Mark Oberle, Carmen Bellaire, Brandon Aten and a whole lot of Palladium gamers went for negatives from Rifts® New West, Lone Star and Free Quebec. Fun.
Negatives are unique and attractive, one-of-a-kind (on rare occasions two-of-a-kind if a page was replaced or a second edition was made) works of art that resemble woodcut art and are very dynamic conversation pieces. Before digital printing, pages of a book were laid out by hand on a board, and each page was photographed. The plastic film negatives were then "ganged" on a massive sheet of Mylar 16 pages per big sheet, and the printing plates were made from the negatives – everything white, printing black.
When our printer, McNaughton and Gunn, went completely digital, they asked if Palladium Books wanted the negs, otherwise they would be destroyed. Regrettably, I let a few dozen be destroyed, but the negatives of many books were sent to Palladium. They have sat in our warehouse for years until I started to offer them for sale. I have also started signing the negatives in silver and each comes with a Certificate of Authenticity. Each negative comes on a white board inside a plastic magazine bag and looks fabulous framed! Fits in an 8x10 inch matt opening in a frame (each neg is roughly 8½ x 11 inches).
See you at 2019 Gen Con
We are already planning for Gen Con and hope to have at least a half-dozen 2019 releases, plus novelty products like baseball caps, coffee mugs, prints, collector items, etc. Gen Con is always fun for all of us in attendance. We look forward to seeing many of you at Gen Con and hope you will come by the booth to chat a spell, pick up the latest books or titles you’ve missed, get books signed, snag some art prints, buy original art, and have some fun. The following Palladium creators will be at the Palladium Books booth:
- Kevin Siembieda – writer, game designer, Publisher
- Charles Walton – artist and concept man
- Glen Evans – writer
- Brandon Aten – writer
- Mark Oberle – writer
- Wayne Smith – editor, The Rifter®
- Thomas Roache – writer and game designer
- Madman Mike Leonard – artist
- Jeff “NMI” Ruiz – game events organizer
- And possibly a few others.
UPDATE: 2021 Palladium Open House (POH)
This event is coming in April or May 2021, so start planning and saving for it. We’ll be looking into securing hotel dates and posting information in a few months. This will be Palladium’s 40th Anniversary, so we are looking to pull out all the stops to make it extra amazing. As usual, we’ll be looking for Game Masters to run events at the POH.
We have a lot of projects in motion. In addition to numerous books, there is the upcoming digital Palladium Fantasy Character Sheets created by Prysus, the Rifts® iOS stickers for Apple devices (available now), three new Rifts® for Savage Worlds titles coming from Pinnacle Entertainment (set in North America, making the Rifts® Bestiary Vol. One and Two a perfect companion), Rifts® LitRPG novels coming this summer or fall, some speciality items and all kinds of good stuff. Do I even dare mention some of the other behind the scenes projects yet? Ummm, no. Let us get a bunch of the titles you are waiting for into your hands first.
Alright, I need to get back to work on Rifts® Bestiary Vol. One. Enjoy the Megaverse® Insider offer, please spread the word about it as time is running out and keep those amazing imaginations burning bright.
– Kevin Siembieda, Publisher, Game Designer, Writer
NEW! Rifts® Titan Robotics™ Raw Preview Limited Edition – Available now
It is back from the printer, looks great, and is shipping now. The "Raw Preview Edition" of Rifts® Titan Robotics™ is an advance copy of the unedited, unillustrated, working manuscript of a new Rifts® sourcebook coming later this year. You get to see the unfinished book months before the final title is released. A rare look at the raw manuscript before final edit, rewrites and publication. Limited to a total of 150 copies.
Rifts® Titan Robotics™ is one of Palladium’s secret projects and something of a companion to Rifts® Northern Gun™ One and Two. It contains information about Titan Robotics, ARCHIE Three, how the company operates, its secrets, its plans, and a selection of new robot vehicles, power armor, body armor, weapons, gear, and dozens and dozens of adventure hooks and ideas.
Note: The finished book is anticipated to ship in the summer or fall 2019, but you can see what it’s all about right now and even start playing with this special Preview Edition!
- Limited collector’s edition – only 150 total copies.
- Sold on a first come, first served basis, while supplies last.
- A rare glimpse at the virgin manuscript and a work in progress.
- Written by Matthew Clements.
- 112 pages – Limited Edition – $20.99 – Cat. No. 899-RAW.
- The Raw Edition is shipping now. Do not miss out.
NEW! Garden of the Gods™ – Raw Preview Limited Edition – available now
It is back from the printer, looks great, and is shipping now. The "Raw Preview Edition" of Garden of the Gods™, for Palladium Fantasy RPG®, is an advance copy of the unedited, unillustrated, working manuscript for this new Fantasy sourcebook. You get to see the unfinished book months before the final title is released. A rare look at the raw manuscript before final edit, rewrites and publication. Limited to a total of 150 copies.
This epic sourcebook presents the mysterious Garden of the Gods, a place of quiet miracles and wonders, its guardians, its many secrets, its many dozens of statues of unknown and forgotten gods, visions, omens, and the blessings available at the garden. As well as lurking darkness, the ominous Black Pit, and countless adventure hooks and ideas. The perfect prelude to the upcoming Lopan Fantasy World Book.
Note: The finished book is anticipated to ship in the summer of 2019, but you can see what it’s all about right now and even start playing with this special Preview Edition!
- Limited collector’s edition – only 150 total copies.
- Sold on a first come, first served basis, while supplies last.
- A rare glimpse at the virgin manuscript and a work in progress.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Matthew Clements.
- 96 pages – Limited Edition – $20.99 – Cat. No. 475-RAW.
- The Raw Edition is shipping right now. Do not miss out.
BACK IN STOCK: Century Station™ sourcebook for Heroes Unlimited™
A setting sourcebook that presents the city of Century Station™, a hub for super beings, heroes, villains and trouble. It is jam-packed with near equal parts superhuman heroes and sinister villains suitable for any Heroes Unlimited™ campaign.
- 51 dangerous and powerful villains.
- 40 superhuman heroes and protectors.
- Information about Century Station law enforcement and SWAT.
- Super-Groups like S.H.O.C.K., Skywatch, Chimera, The Sector, plus criminal gangs, ninjas, the Triad, anti-alien groups and others.
- 101 adventure ideas, maps, weapons, gear, and more.
- Written by Bill Coffin, tons of great artwork.
- 224 pages – $26.99 – Cat. No. 517 – available now.
NEW: Rifts® Pen – available now
A high quality, soft touch Rifts® pen with stylus is now available. The pen fits very comfortably in the hand, has a nice, black ink and writes smooth and evenly every time. I have been using the sample pen for a month and love it. Everyone here loves this pen and you will too. Will be considered as a Surprise Package request.
- Rifts® Soft Touch Pen with Stylus.
- Comfortable, "soft touch" finish.
- Dark blue exterior with silver tip and clip.
- Black ink.
- Capacitive stylus for use with smartphones and tablets.
- $5.00 retail – Cat. No. 2586 – Available now.
Palladium Gift Certificates now available
You asked for them, so due to popular request, you can now purchase Palladium Gift Certificates for your gaming friends and loved ones. The prompts should be pretty self-explanatory. You purchase the desired amount, fill out the email info of that person along with an optional gift message, and that individual gets an email with info on how to redeem the Gift Certificate and you get a confirmation email. Simple.
The Rifter® #82 – Available now
The Rifter® #82 is all about discovery and unleashing the power inside of you. That's true whether you are playing a Chaos Earth® Pyromancer™ learning to survive and save lives after the Great Cataclysm; or a newly awakened Nightbane® seeking his or her purpose in a dark world of conspiracy and demons; or a Heroes Unlimited™ vigilante trained to the height of physical perfection in a war against evil; or an RPG gamer like you and me, unleashing our imaginations to create wonderful new characters and epic adventures. This issue of The Rifter® also lovingly celebrates a master of unleashed imagination and big thinking, Erick Wujcik, ten years after his untimely passing. Bits of Palladium history and heartfelt sentiments revealed along the way. Enjoy.
Rifter® #82 Highlights:
- Rifts® Chaos Earth® – Pyromancy, Nebraska Part Three – by Daniel Frederick, Matthew Clements & Kevin Siembieda. 50+ Pyromancy spells, the Pyromancer O.C.C., Zone Twisters, notable characters, and more. "Official" source material.
- Rifts® Bestiary Sneak Preview – by Kevin Siembieda and Charles Walton II. A few choice new monsters to whet your appetite for the Rifts® Bestiary, Volumes One and Two, and the books to follow. "Official" source material.
- Heroes Unlimited – by Matt Reed. An expanded look at the unique heroes who do not possess super abilities, but rather turn their bodies into fighting machines via physical training and dedicated force of will.
- Nightbane® – Age Modifiers and Education Rules – by Mark Oberle. Tables and stats for determining an occupation and skills based on the age of the character. Plus more insight to being a Nightbane and a few new skills. "Official" source material.
- Gaming Advice from Erick Wujcik – Thinking Big and The Name Giver, sage advice reprinted from The Rifter® #1 & #2.
- Erick Wujcik Remembered – Erick touched countless lives with his big personality, inspiring mind, and body of work. Ten years after his death, Erick continues to inspire everyone who met him. Friends and fans remember this unique individual and his work. Insight to the man and Palladium Books, the company he loved. Written by Kevin Siembieda and many, many others. A celebration of life.
- News, coming attractions, product descriptions and more.
- 112 pages – $14.99 retail – Cat. No. 182. Available now.
COMING! Rifts® Bestiary Volume Two
More notorious Rifts® monsters and animals, old and new, everything updated and expanded.
- Monsters and animals of Rifts North America organized in two big, easy to use sourcebooks.
- Updated descriptions and information for existing monsters.
- Updated and uniform stat blocks.
- New predators, exotic riding animals, beasts of burden, alien horrors, giant insects and more.
- A map for every creature showing where it is found.
- Fully illustrated, much of the art by Charles Walton II, along with Siembieda and many others.
- 192-224 pages each volume – $26.99 retail – Cat. No. 897 (Volume Two). In production.
COMING: In the Face of Death™ – A Dead Reign® Sourcebook
"People will tell you no one can survive in the big cities. They are wrong." – Brad Ashley, Leader of the Road Reapers in the Zombie Apocalypse.
This sourcebook is all about inner city survival. Survivor colonies finding a way to live and prosper in the big city. The conventional wisdom is that living in the big population centers is impossible. These survivors prove otherwise.
- Inner city survival.
- Living on the rooftops.
- Surviving in big cities crawling with zombies.
- Death Cults, a different type of danger.
- Gangs, street runners, the new underground, and more.
- Heroic Masked Lunatics as player characters.
- Take your zombie campaign to new heights!
- Cover by E.M. Gist. Interior art by Nick Bradshaw.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda. Adaptable to other settings.
- 96-128 pages – $17.99 retail – Cat. No. 237.
COMING: Garden of the Gods™ – A Palladium Fantasy® Sourcebook
The Garden of the Gods is said to be a holy place watched over and even frequented by the avatars of the gods. According to legend, the god may visit heroes and followers in dreams or in person by an avatar of the god, to be given guidance, inspiration, heroic quests, and gifts of knowledge and magic. More details about this title will follow.
- The Garden of the Gods described in detail.
- Godly insight and visitations.
- Gifts of magic and knowledge.
- Sanctuary and more.
- The Black Pit, a place of evil and dark secrets. Is it a counterbalance to the good of the Garden or a trick of the Old Ones?
- Written by Kevin Siembieda.
- Final page count and price yet to be determined, but probably 96 pages – $17.99 retail – Cat. No. 475.
Back in Stock – Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG – available now
Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG is supernatural horror in the modern world. A plausible modern horror setting that makes sense and will have you wondering if this stuff could be for real. Play ordinary people, psychics or paranormal investigators.
- 14 Psychic Character Classes.
- 42 occupations for "ordinary" people.
- 100+ psychic abilities, including Fire Walker abilities.
- Creatures of darkness, the Lazlo Agency, and more.
- Three new sourcebooks planned for 2019.
- 256 pages – $26.99 – Cat. No. 700 – available now.
Back in Stock – Rifts® World Book 18: Mystic Russia™ – available now
Rifts® Mystic Russia™ – setting information, key people and places, demons, monsters, gypsies and magic galore.
- 18 Archaic Russian Demons and 10 monsters.
- Russian magic including Fire and Bone Magic & magic weapons maker.
- Magic O.C.C.s including Night Witch, Hidden Witch, Mystic Kuznya, Fire Sorcerer, Old Believer and Necromancer.
- 9 Gypsy O.C.C.s, vehicles and more.
- 176 pages – $22.99 – Cat. No. 833 – Available now.
Back in Stock – Rifts® Game Master Guide™ – Available now
The Rifts® Game Master Guide™ is a massive 352 page reference book with short stats and description on every Rifts® robot, power armor, body armor, vehicle, weapon, gadget, skill, experience table, and map that appears in Rifts® World Books 1-23 and Sourcebooks 1-4, plus a bionics index, an O.C.C.s and R.C.C. index, rules clarifications, combat examples, advice on how to run a game and more.
- 500+ weapons.
- 300+ skills.
- 290 pieces of equipment.
- 180+ vehicles.
- 100+ suits of body armor.
- 80+ suits of power armor.
- 352 pages – $28.99 retail – Cat. No. 845 – Available now.
Other core Rifts® titles to remember:
- Rifts® Rifts® Ultimate Edition RPG, Hardcover – core rules, epic setting of science fiction, fantasy, and horror in a future Earth post-apocalyptic setting. 30+ player characters – play a Dragon Hatchling, Cyborg, Juicer, Crazy, Cyber-Knight, Power Armor Pilot, Psi-Stalker, Dog Boy and others! Magic, psionics, weapons, bionics, and more. If you can imagine it, it can happen in Rifts®. 376 page hardcover – $41.99 retail – Cat. No. 800HC – available now.
- Rifts® Book of Magic™ – 900+ magic spells, plus Techno-Wizard devices, Magic Tattoos, Nazca Lines, Whale Songs, Herbs, Symbiotes, Bio-Wizard Weapons, Rune Weapons, magic items and more! 352 pages – still $26.95 retail – Cat. No. 848 – available now.
- Rifts® Adventure Guide™ – 150+ adventure ideas, Random Rifts, making towns, cities, merc companies, and traveling shows, gaming tips and much more. 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 849 – available now.
- Rifts Conversion Books 1, 2 & 3.
- Rifts® Bionics Sourcebook.
Fun and Notable Podcasts and Sites that feature Palladium Books
- Savage Rifts® Voice of Hope Podcast: An in-character world building podcast for Rifts® and Rifts® Savage Worlds® intended to provide players and Game Masters with world background, adventure hooks, and NPCs. All of which are excellent resources. And don't miss the interview with Sean Masters (the host), Cameron Cleveland (G.M. and mastermind behind the Rifts® Living Campaign Club), Sean Patrick Fannon (writer and game designer, Rifts® Savage Worlds, etc.), and Kevin Siembieda at the end of Episode 19 (it's time stamped). You can check it out for yourself at https://voiceofhopepodcast.podbean.com and on itunes.
- Questwise and the Rifts® Explorer's Guide – See product reviews and videos about Rifts® and other Palladium Books games as well as fun contests and gaming insight. New videos post regularly. Check it out for yourself here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_3MGRJW9QooUXF29F5tF-A
The Questwise Rifts® Explorer's Guide series travels the Megaverse® to reveal information about notable locations in Rifts®. The video about Northern Gun and Michigan's Upper Peninsula can be found it here: https://youtu.be/0lU9byK5G4g
- The Guides to the Megaverse® podcast consists of a Palladium group with a collective total of over 100 years of gaming! The crew's Actual Play format consists of long term campaigns in Heroes Unlimited™, Robotech®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Beyond the Supernatural™, with occasional games in other settings. There are more than 90 episodes available for download. Check them out here: https://guidesmegaverse.podbean.com/
- Through Gamer Goggles – Matt Lemke's podcasts and YouTube videos cover the gaming industry. In fact if you haven't seen them yet, check out his many Gen Con interviews: http://gamer-goggles.com/blog/category/conventions/gen-con-2018/
- HippoTV on Twitch.tv. The good folks at HippoTV (https://www.twitch.tv/HippoTV/) host a wide variety of games most days of the week. For fans of Palladium Books® they feature a Heroes Unlimited™ and an After the Bomb® space game. The gamers playing these games come from all over the world, are very enthusiastic, and represent a wide variety of experience with Palladium's games.
If you are doing a Palladium fan-based website, podcasts, YouTube programming, etc., please let us know so we can take a look at what you are doing and so we can give you a shout out. We do not have the staff and resources to do everything we want to do, so we appreciate the fan sites that feature Palladium Books' games and settings and promote the RPG hobby. Awesome. We are happy to support you when we can.
What's Coming (in production or development):
- The Rifter® #83 – source material for Rifts®, Heroes Unlimited, etc.
- Rifts® Bestiary™, Volume One – Coming soon.
- Rifts® Bestiary™, Volume Two – Coming soon.
- In the Face of Death™, Dead Reign® Sourcebook – Coming soon.
- Rifts® Chaos Earth®: Psychic Scream
- Rifts® Antarctica
- Garden of the Gods™ (Fantasy)
- The Rifter® #84 – Coming.
- Rifts® The Disavowed™
- Rifts® Chaos Earth®: First Responders
- Rifts® CS Arsenal™
And much more in development for Rifts®, Palladium Fantasy RPG®, Heroes Unlimited™, Dead Reign®, Beyond the Supernatural™, Splicers® and more!
Copyright 2019 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Powers Unlimited®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars®, Chaos Earth®, Dead Reign®, and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc.; Beyond the Supernatural, Coalition States, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.