Palladium Books® Weekly Update – Dec. 22, 2011
By Kevin Siembieda
It has been a wild and mostly fun week, because I love Christmas and the run-up to it. And until the Palladium website problems on Wednesday, sales were awesome.
We made a point of packing and shipping what seemed like a gazillion Christmas Surprise Packages and other orders. Very exciting. We saw a lot of holiday cheer, too. Wives and parents buying Surprise Packages for husbands and children, friends getting items for fellow gamers, loved ones buying gifts for buddies and family in the military, and even a few super-fans who wanted nothing in return to help Palladium’s cash flow or who donated their Surprise Package to other gamers who couldn’t afford to get Grab Bags for themselves.
I continue to try to load up as many Surprise Packages as possible, and truly hope the vast majority love what we sent out. The Surprise Packages are a TON OF WORK, but so worth doing. We love it and hope our meager efforts helped to spread joy and good will to gamers across the globe. (I’m always amazed at how many Palladium fans there are in Australia and Germany, in particular.)
Wednesday online woes. We were on the verge of having a record night of sales when sometime after 10:00 PM, Tuesday, the Palladium website went down. All you saw was a blank screen. When Wayne found out the next morning, around 11:00 AM Wednesday, he, Thom and our host jumped on the problem, Thom Bartold added links to the forums and store while he and Rex took additional action. By 4:00 PM, we were back up and running, but a minute later, the Palladium online store went down due to a problem with our store’s host. Gaaaaah.
The two incidents were unrelated and pure coincidence, but they devastated Wednesday sales and cut short what was shaping up to be a record day of sales. Wah. Maybe we will still see a record week of sales overall? I’ll let you know in the next Weekly Update.
Worse, it foiled many last minute shoppers from ordering Christmas Surprise Packages in time for Christmas or before the Surprise Package offer expired. Even though both incidents were completely out of Palladium’s control, I apologize for any frustration and inconvenience these two successive glitches may have caused you.
I had been weighing whether or not to extend the Surprise Package offer as I have done most years, but after you guys and gals lost at least half to two-thirds of a day being able to place Christmas Surprise Package orders, I decided to extend the deadline for Surprise Packages. It seems like the only fair thing to do. Besides, it just feels right and I’ve extended the Surprise Package offer almost every year since we’ve been doing them, so what the heck, eh?
Christmas Surprise Package offer extended to January 15, 2012
That’s right, you can continue to order the Palladium Christmas Surprise Packages into the first two weeks of the New Year. But don’t wait, order NOW and please spread the word about the extension of the offer to other gamers.
Why does Palladium extend the Surprise Package offer beyond Christmas? There are three main reasons:
1. I’m proud to say a delightful number of caring Palladium fans put their friends and loved ones first, buying gifts for others before themselves. This means they don’t have the money to buy a Surprise Package for themselves until AFTER Christmas. We do it for them.
2. For all the “Last Minute Charlies” who don’t shop until just before Christmas or wait too long and miss out on getting a Grab Bag unless we extend the offer, as well as the “bargain hunters” who like to shop AFTER Christmas.
3. We want EVERYONE to have a chance to get and enjoy at least one Surprise Package filled with joy, autographs and hours of gaming pleasure for the long winter.
Remember, Surprise Packages make great gifts for birthdays, anniversaries, housewarmings, graduations, and other gift-giving occasions – especially if they are coming up in January, February and March, heck, even this spring. Not to mention it is a nice opportunity to fill in your own collection or try new game settings, or get back issues of The Rifter® or original art, art prints and autographs.
Surprise your fellow gamers with one choice book or a big pile of books for that special occasion. Can you imagine the look on your friend or loved one’s face when you hand him or her a pile of role-playing products or original art worth $80-90 . . . and with autographs? And you only paid $38 (plus shipping and handling)? Word your wish list right and you may get a Surprise Package that has enough items to give to two or three friends.
The winter is long. Fill your nights and weekends role-playing with the new books you get in a Surprise Package.
● The Extended Christmas Surprise Package – $80-$90 worth of merchandise (sometimes more) for only $38 plus shipping and handling, is one of the best holiday and post-holiday deals anywhere. And you also get autographs in every book if you want them and the element of surprise with your wish list. Heck, the Palladium Christmas Surprise Package may be the “very best gift” money can buy, period! At least for gamers. Buy one or several as gifts for your friends or for yourself.
No other game company offers an opportunity like this, let alone extends it into the New Year. For a lot of people this is the only way to get books signed by some of the creators and Palladium staff. What are you waiting for? Time is finally running out, so order yours today. What a way to start the New Year.
Click here to order yours today.
To make sure you get your Surprise Package, PLEASE make sure your Surprise Package Wish List/Special Wants are clear and numerous, include 8-12 currently available books/items, and make certain your address is complete and correct. We MUST have a complete street address including Apartment Number to ship via UPS. UPS cannot ship to a P.O. Box (see Priority). If you give us the wrong or incomplete address and the order gets lost – the loss is yours. Palladium cannot replace the order as a result of your mistake or omission. Remember, we are packing Christmas Surprise Packages full, often with $85-$100+ worth of product, and Palladium cannot afford to send the package out twice due to your mistake. We hope you understand. Likewise, numbered, limited editions and original artwork can NOT be replaced if lost. BE CAREFUL, send your complete, current address – including your apartment number – and use a reliable, trackable and insured method of shipping like UPS.
Note to Customers Outside the U.S.A.: 1. You, the customer, are responsible for any and all duty, taxes or Customs fees. Books have the lowest fees and duty, but they can still be costly (typically around $20-$30). 2. Palladium Books is not responsible for any delays at Customs. We cannot guarantee time of arrival, so give yourself a few extra days. International Priority Mail should arrive within 5-7 business days, but give yourself a little extra time to be safe. 3. Palladium charges you ONLY for ACTUAL postage plus a small handling fee. We are a small company and can not offer the low or no shipping that big companies like Amazon are able to provide. We hope you understand.
The holiday spirit in action this past week
First, I want to thank all of you who sent warm regards, well wishes for a prosperous New Year and other kind words, encouragement and suggestions. I also want to thank those of you who sent cards, as well as the handful of you crazy, wonderful gamers who sent us cookies and other goodies and gifts for the holidays. Your gifts and gestures of kindness were unnecessary, but very welcomed and appreciated.
I have to mention a few particularly nice moments of Holiday cheer and the spirit of giving.
A couple of local Palladium fans, Shaun and Renay, made an unexpected visit to the office Tuesday evening with one of the surprises of the holiday season: a gift of a beautiful, handmade map of the Palladium Fantasy World burned into a gorgeous piece of deer skin. It seems Shaun remembered me saying that as much as I love Rifts® and all the games we produce, the Palladium Fantasy RPG® is my personal favorite to play, so he made me this gift. Wow. I was blown away by this generous and beautiful gift. Heck, everyone oohed and ahhed over this awesome work of art. It will be proudly displayed at the 2012 Palladium Open House. Thank you so much, Shaun, it is beautiful.
The holiday cheer and giving didn’t stop there as Renay and I made Shaun leave the back of the warehouse so she could get him a Christmas Surprise Package. It was sweet and it got Shaun a tour of the Palladium offices by Alex Marciniszyn while I secretly put together the Surprise Package. I even wrapped it.
I want to thank Leigh and Liz for their creative and delicious Coalition Holiday cookies, yum, Carl for his truly inspiring gifts (Nice! And I don’t have these two books!), Carmen for a signed copy of his children’s novel, Aubrey and Becky for their gift and the touching letter enclosed, and Roger and Randi and everyone else for their kindness.
Brian and Allen Manning sent a pile of artwork that we could put in select Christmas Surprise Packages sent to some of you who request original artwork in your Grab Bags and actually get it (supplies are limited).
Mike Wilson sent one of the other big surprises of this season: a pile of artwork for inclusion in Surprise Packages (and other promotions and select resales to help Palladium continue to get on its feet and make fans happy). THIRTY-FIVE POUNDS OF ART. You read that correctly, 35 pounds (16 kg) of artwork. Julius comes in with this large, heavy box from Mike Wilson. We couldn’t imagine what it might contain. When we opened it up, there was page after page of original artwork and a note saying, “Hope this doesn’t come too late to give away in Christmas Surprise Packages.” What a guy. Thank you, Mike, your generosity knows no end. By the looks of it, you will make 100 or more fans very happy. I’ll save some art for next year already, and use some in auctions and online sales. Of course, I will include a bunch in some of the Surprise Packages extended into January.
I want to remind folks that ALL ARTWORK you receive in a Palladium Christmas Surprise Package has been donated by the artists to make your holiday a little brighter, fun and exotic.
The Palladium Office Party. Every year I host a Christmas party. Back in our heyday, that would be 30-40 people including family, friends, and freelancers. This year was a much smaller, quiet affair with about eight or ten of us. But you wouldn’t know it by all the love, laughing and piles of gifts that were given out that evening. Matthew (his first Christmas with the Palladium crew) was quite taken with it and it was nice having my old friend Jeff Burke back in town and part of the celebration. Of course, there was plenty of delicious food made by Kathy and an evening of talking, laughter and good times. Palladium is pretty much a big family, and these are some of the people I love most in the entire world. The party is always one of the highlights of the season, yet somehow, this year’s gathering seemed more special than usual for me.
In other news
Online sales for the month of December have been fantastic. Depending on sales today and overnight, we might just see a record week in holiday sales. Please keep the orders coming and thank you so very much.
Rifts® Path of the Storm™ is the Number One requested item for Surprise Packages in the month of December. Folks are loving this product. Nice.
The Palladium Bookmarks, Set One is the surprise, smash hit of the holiday season in the non-book category. That means you can count on seeing a Set Two early next year.
Behind the scenes. All of us have spent the bulk of our time the last two weeks packing and shipping Christmas Surprise Packages and other holiday presents (see the photo of me surrounded by wrapped gifts in the last Weekly Update, and those were only about a third of what I sent out). As you might imagine, I have done very little writing work though Matthew has been writing away, and I have been coordinating work on upcoming projects. In fact, I had an excellent and productive meeting on Tuesday with Chuck Walton who is doing the cover to The Rifter® #57 and is working on robot and vehicle designs for Rifts® Northern Gun™. We also continue to slowly move forward on developing a couple of comic books based on Palladium’s RPGs.
Nick Bradshaw has also begun designs for Rifts® Northern Gun™ and I need to assign the interior art for The Rifter® #57 today!
I spoke with Madman Mike Leonard on Tuesday during my meeting with Chuck Walton. Mike is doing as well as can be expected. He sounded great and positive despite the months of rehab ahead of him. He should be out of the hospital and back at home in time for Christmas, and the “Madman” is planning to be at the Palladium Open House the first week of May. Go get ‘em, Mike. Merry Christmas, my friend.
Back to book production. We are all diving back into getting the new books you are dying to see to the printer. I know you’re dying for them, because I’ve read it hundreds of times in the comment sections of many Surprise Package orders. Rifts® Lemuria, Endless Dead™, Robotech® Genesis Pits, Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook, Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames, Rifts® Northern Gun™, Chaos Earth™ sourcebooks, Palladium Fantasy® and even Beyond the Supernatural™ sourcebooks are all coming your way in 2012. More on 2012’s release schedule in one of the upcoming Weekly Updates.
I’ll let fan comments from Surprise Packages take it from here.
I kinda gave my Christmas spiel about love, friendship and letting the people you care about in your life know how much they mean to you in the last Weekly Update. I was pleased to get a lot of positive feedback about what I wrote, but there is no need to reiterate the sentiment in detail again. Regardless of what you celebrate this time of year, tell your friends and family members how much they mean to you, give them a hug and share the love and laughter of the holiday season. Thank you for sharing some of that with us.
Season’s greetings and best wishes of good health, love and joy from all of us at Palladium Books to all of you this holiday season and throughout the New Year.
– Kevin Siembieda, Publisher, Writer and Surrogate Santa
Fan Comments from Christmas Grab Bags
During the holiday season, we like to let you see some of the many comments we get with the Christmas Surprise Packages. It’s a nice way to acknowledge some of our fans and to share with you the kinds of words we hear from gamers throughout the season. We show only initials as some people would rather keep their identity private. Our thanks for your kind words of appreciation and encouragement. We’re happy to see so many satisfied customers and the rampant enthusiasm.
We are happy to do the Christmas Surprise Packages and spread a little joy and fun around the globe. It is a privilege and an honor to touch so many people with our games. The Surprise Packages are our way of giving back and saying thank you to our legion of amazing fans. Game on! – Kevin Siembieda
J.N. in Rome, New York, writes: Buying this as a present for my husband even though we agreed to buy no presents for each other. He loves your books and I couldn’t let a year go by that he didn’t get a Grab Bag! He is always so excited to get one in the mail and see what he got. Had to carefully go through his collection and find everything he owns. The ones in his wish list are the only books of yours he doesn’t have . . . Thank you for making him happy on Christmas and throughout the year. I hope you all have a great holiday.
[Dear J.N., It’s comments like this that warm my heart and why we do the Christmas Surprise Package. I’m glad we bring fun and joy into your husband’s life, but I think it’s having a sweet, caring wife like you where his true happiness springs. I hope the little something I included for you makes you smile. Merry Christmas. – Kevin Siembieda]
E.D. in Mountain City, Tennessee, writes: Hey guys, thanks for once again offering the Christmas Surprise Package! I am sending this one to a good friend of mine who is just getting started with Palladium. He loves Rifts® and I think he will be a true convert. Again, thanks for all you do.
C.T. in Grapevine, Texas, writes: You guys rock!!! Your books always spark my creativity. I am finally ordering a Grab Bag! Woohoo!!
P.H. in Saint Petersburg, Florida, writes: Palladium Books, thanks so much to you Kevin and the whole Palladium Books staff for making an opportunity like this possible. Like you put in the description, this [Surprise Package] is the only way for some of us to get books with autographs or other special items. Again, thank you and keep up the excellent work.
S.S. in Roseburg, Oregon, writes: Your games are the only ones I still find interesting. Your attention to detail is astounding. Your settings are never generic, the sheer variety of character races and classes is just amazing, and you never jumped on the “Everyone’s gotta be equal” bandwagon with the excessive balancing of races and classes to the point that every character is pretty much the same minus a few cosmetic differences (and often slightly bizarre). You guys rock. Merry Christmas Palladium and keep up the good work.
S.H. in Glade Spring, Virginia, writes: Thanks again for offering the Christmas Surprise Package this year. It is special things like this that set Palladium head and shoulders above the other RPG companies. Long live Palladium!
C.L. in White Sulphur Springs, Utah, writes: I loved the Christmas Grab Bag I received last year. Keep up the tremendous work you folks all do!
C.H. in Trumbull, Connecticut, writes: I prefer the fantasy games as that is what I grew up with and am most passionate about. Thank you for this great idea of a Christmas Surprise gift bag that you have. I recently bought the Western Empire™, Monsters & Animals™, and Mysteries of Magic™, and I love the world that you have created.
B.R. in Modesto, California, writes: Thank you Palladium Books for the books and adventure. I have enjoyed the games since 1992 and thank you for this awesome deal! I have listed some of the books I’d like to add to my ever growing collection of Palladium Books.
A.M. in Pekin, Illinois, writes: This is a joint gift for my husband and I. It has been a rough year (like many) for us and this may be the only thing for us under the tree. . . This is the first time in a few years we have been able to get a Grab Bag and help out the company. You guys do great work, and this is our way of helping to keep it going.
[Like I said, Palladium fans are the greatest. A.M. in Pekin, I hope the Surprise Package I sent helped make this Christmas a little brighter. My thanks to you and all the wonderful Palladium fans for your love and support. Happy holidays to you all. – Kevin Siembieda]
Rifts® Ultimate Edition
– Price increase to $39.95
Palladium fans can still get Rifts® at the old price of $35.95 while supplies last (we have about a dozen copies). However, the new printing of Rifts® Ultimate Edition arriving next week will have the new price of $39.95 retail. Sorry, but with other rising costs, we had to bump up the price a few bucks. We think $39.95 is still a fair price for this big, 376 page role-playing game. Please note there are NO changes other than the price increase.
Why Rifts® remains a fan favorite:
Rifts® is the ultimate, multi-genre setting that combines science fiction and fantasy with horror, adventure, and superheroes in a plausible and compelling post-apocalyptic setting unlike anything else on the market.
Magic and super-science coexist. Thus, dragons, demons and monsters walk alongside giant robots, cyborgs and augmented warriors. High-tech warriors and tech-based mutants are pitted against (or working with) mages, creatures of magic, Faerie Folk, powerful psychics and alien beings from beyond the Rifts.
The Rifts are tears in the fabric of space and time that allow “things” from an infinite number of worlds to travel to Rifts Earth. This includes alien people and explorers, to mythical beings like dragons and Faeries, to dinosaurs, demons, ancient gods and unimaginable monstrosities. Those adventurers with the knowledge or the right connections can also travel through the Rifts to other places on Earth in the blink of an eye, as well as to an array of alien worlds and dimensions.
Any adventure conceivable is possible in Rifts® where players are limited only by their imaginations.
- 30+ player characters including the Mind Melter, Juicer, Glitter Boy, Cyber-Knight, Crazies, Burster, Dog Boy, Psi-Stalker, Dragon Hatchling (yes, a player can be a dragon!), and many others.
- Magic player characters include the Techno-Wizard, Ley Line Walker, Mystic, Ley Line Rifter, and others.
- The self-proclaimed “saviors of humanity” are the soldiers of the Coalition States, but are they heroes or an enemy as dangerous as any monster from the Rifts?
- Equipment varies with the player character and ranges from power armor and high-tech to magic items.
- Character creation system that builds memorable characters.
- Expansive section on psionic abilities.
- Expansive section on magic and skills.
- Expansive section on the Rifts Earth setting.
- Fun, fast combat system, adventure ideas and much more.
- Created and written by Kevin Siembieda. Cover by Scott Johnson.
- More than 80 supplements to expand your game and introduce new heroes.
- 376 pages, 24 pages of color, dynamic art throughout – $39.95 retail – Cat. No. 800HC – new price starts no later than January 1, 2012.
NOTE: The $35.95 price is available until the current edition sells out and we only have about a dozen copies available. Available only while supplies last.
Palladium to hold the line on price
We have no intention of raising the cover price on most of our other books. However, we may increase the price of some core rule books, such as the Dead Reign™ RPG, Palladium Fantasy RPG®, Heroes Unlimited™, and others by a couple dollars as they go into new printings. In this tough economy, we want to continue to keep our prices low and the entry level for Palladium’s games the most affordable on the market. Spread the word.
NEW! Robotech® The New Generation™ Sourcebook
Available now! Have you ordered yours?
This sourcebook is epic in scope and opens up an entirely new range of game play by allowing mecha and O.C.C.s from all eras of Robotech® in one setting.
For the first time ever, Veritech Fighters, Destroids, Battloids, Hover Tanks, Cyclones, and something called “Frankenmecha” – giant mecha amalgamations that combine the limbs, weapons and body parts of two or more mecha. There are also rules for creating Frankenmecha, new weapons and vehicles, seven new resistance fighter character classes, Invid Hives, key characters from the TV show, world overview and more. 8½ x 11 book format (not manga size), 96 pages.
The battle for the liberation of Earth starts here. For the first time in its history, the Earth has been invaded and occupied by alien invaders – the Invid. The Invid think they have won, but Freedom Fighters, UEEF soldiers and other heroes continue to fight until they win.
- 7 new O.C.C.s – including the Freedom Fighter, Patcher, Urchin, Wasteland Rider, Pathfinder, Invid Genetics Experiments, and Invid Cyborg Experiments, plus Invid Prince and Princess.
- The resistance and how it operates in the New Generation setting.
- New weapons, vehicles and mecha.
- A setting where Battloids, Veritechs, power armor, technology and O.C.C.s from ALL eras of Robotech® come together.
- “Frankenmecha” – kit-bashed mecha creations that combine the parts, weapons and limbs of two or more different mecha.
- Rules for jury-rigging and combining parts from different generations of Robotech® mecha to create “Frankenmecha.”
- Vehicle Combat Rules, Tactics and Maneuvers.
- Vehicle control penalties.
- Guidelines for survival and rules for exposure.
- Stats for notable New Generation characters like Rand and Rook.
- Invid Hives, world overview and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Irvin Jackson. Additional text by Kevin Siembieda.
- Cover by Apollo Okamura.
- An 8½ x 11 inch sourcebook (not manga size).
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 554. Available now.
NEW! Rifts® Path of the Storm™
– One writer’s vision for the Rifts® movie – Available Now
Everyone wants to know what’s going on with the Rifts® movie. Well, this book presents an insight and behind the scenes info on that front by Kevin Siembieda, plus an entire screenplay written on speculation by Matthew Clements as well as game stats and artwork for major characters in the script. Kevin was so impressed with the writer’s screenplay that he had Matthew make changes and improvements and sent the second draft to Jerry Bruckheimer Films for their consideration. Meanwhile, Matthew and Kevin hit it off and the next thing he knew he became Palladium’s new staff writer.
We thought it would be fun to let Rifts® gamers and Palladium fans see the type of Rifts® movie we at Palladium Books would like to see made. So we are presenting Matthew’s screenplay as a proposed Rifts® movie script and Rifts® sourcebook. The screenplay is a fast, fun adventure story that is sure to please Rifts fans. To make it more fun, the author has statted out the key characters in the script and gamers can use the heroes, villains and story ideas in their own campaign should they choose to do so.
This is a unique product and a fun read that should appeal to all Palladium fans. After all, it lets the reader step behind the veil and see what goes on behind the scenes.
- A complete movie screenplay, with dialog.
- A story that captures the feel and attitude of Rifts®.
- Character stats for inclusion in your own games.
- Three new demons and other villains.
- Use the story and ideas in your own Rifts® campaign.
- Some concept art and character illustrations.
- A fun read and insight behind the scenes at Palladium.
- Cover and interior artwork by Charles Walton.
- Written by Matthew Clements. Additional notes by Kevin Siembieda.
- 96 pages – $12.95 retail – Cat. No. 305. Available now.
NEW! Rifts® World Book: Lemuria™
The power, secrets and magic of the underwater realm of Lemuria revealed. Player characters can use symbiotes, magic and technology to breathe underwater and spend time below the waves.
Lemuria is more than an underwater civilization of aquatic beings. They can trace their lineage as far back as the Atlanteans and can survive on dry land as well as underwater. In fact, their greatest secret is that there is no one resting place for the Lemurians, their great cities are always moving. Learn about the people of Lemuria, new Biomancy magic and weapons, Biomancy engineered riding animals, sea herbs, new powers of healing, sea monsters, and more. Epic adventure awaits.
- The Lemurians, their race, history and society.
- New O.C.C.s including the Serpent Hunter, Shriekers, Oceanic Guardsman, Biomancer Gene-Mage and others.
- The Stone Guardians of Easter Island and other mysteries.
- Biomancer Gardens and Aquatic Biomancy.
- Living Biomancy armor, weapons and equipment.
- Symbiotic creatures and constructs; some that enable air-breathers to survive underwater indefinitely.
- Sea Serpents, Sea Dragons, monsters, and riding animals.
- New dangers, new challenges, adventure ideas and more.
- Written by Greg Diaczyk.
- Cover by John Zeleznik.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 885. Final page count and price may be subject to expansion and increase. January release.
NEW! Dead Reign™ Sourcebook 3: Endless Dead™
As time goes on, the zombie hordes only grow in number and strangeness. This book contains horrifying new zombies to haunt your player characters along with new O.C.C.s and tons of tables for detailing Survivors’ Hideouts, Safe Haven Communities, Death Cults and more. Survival is not enough. Now is the time for the war against the Endless Dead™. This book is going to be epic. Kevin and all the Palladium creators are pushing the envelope with each and every book they work on.
- New types of zombies like the Fused Zombie, Multi-Zombie, Parasite Juggernaut and Walking Mass Grave.
- New O.C.C.s including the Survivalist, Watcher, Wheelman, Zombie Hunter and Zombie Researcher.
- More information on vehicles and tables for adding custom armor, weapons and anti-zombie defenses.
- Rules for vehicle combat and zombie-fighting in vehicles.
- Generation tables and random encounter tables for military bases, police stations, gun stores, buildings, suburbs, industrial parks, small towns, farmland and wilderness.
- Tables for creating Survivor caravans, hideouts, hermits, Safe Haven Communities and Death Cults.
- Timetable for setting campaigns during the Wave, the beginning of the Zombie Apocalypse or months into the reign of the dead.
- Stats for some of North America’s dangerous wildlife, a threat to survivors and zombies alike.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Matthew Clements.
- Cover by E.M. Gist. Interior art by Mumah, Bradshaw and others.
- 96 pages $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 233. January release.
Dead Reign™ T-Shirt
– The Zombie Apocalypse – Available now
The ultimate Zombie Apocalypse T-shirt: The front depicts a woman armed with a shovel standing on the roof of her car as a massive horde of zombies swarm around her. The front of the shirt reads: "Ever have one of those days?" Below the art is the Dead Reign™ logo and the words “The Zombie Apocalypse.” Printed white on a black T-shirt. Art by Amy Ashbaugh.
The back of the shirt is red on black and says, "Relax, it's not like it's the end of the world or anything." - but most of that statement has lines crossing it out, leaving only the words “it's the end of the world.” Under it is a Nick Bradshaw zombie silhouette and a small version of the Dead Reign™ logo. Funny, poignant, awesome!
- Concept & Design by: Wayne Smith and Kevin Siembieda.
- Art By: Amy Ashbaugh (front), Nick Bradshaw (back).
- Available Sizes:
Small, Medium, Large or XL: $18.95
- Description: See above. Palladium's usual, quality 50/50 blend T-shirt and printing. White on black on the front, red on black on the back.
- Catalog Number: 2531
- Availability: Available now. All sizes available from Small to 5X Large.
- Note: Yes, you can “ask” for this shirt in your Christmas Surprise Package, but if you get one it has the full price listed above. Inclusion in Surprise Packages will be very limited, so do not be disappointed if you do not get this shirt in a Grab Bag.
Dead Reign™ RPG – Available Now
With zombies and horror all the rage in film and books, this RPG captures all the best aspects of the zombie genre. The setting is as much about survival in a post-apocalyptic world as it is about battling legions of walking dead. If tales of human survival, horror and zombies are of interest, you will love this fast paced game and its sourcebooks.
- Six Apocalyptic Character Classes (O.C.C.s), and Ordinary People with 40+ occupations to choose from.
- Seven types of zombies plus the Half-Living.
- Secrets of the Dead and tips on fighting zombies.
- Point-blank zombie combat rules, vehicles and equipment.
- Death Cults, their Priests, power over zombies and goals.
- 101 Random Scenarios, Encounters and Settings.
- 100 Random Corpse Searches and other tables.
- Quick Roll Character Creation tables.
- A powerful setting and many adventure ideas.
- Complete stand-alone RPG with skills, weapons, game rules and guidelines for using other Palladium settings.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, with Josh Hilden & Joshua Sanford.
- $22.95 – 224 pages. Cat. No. 230. Available now!
- Note: There are two sourcebooks also available now: Civilization Gone™ (Cat. No. 231) and Dark Places™ (Cat. No. 232), each is 64 pages and retails for $12.95.
NEW! Endless Dead™ Zombie Print
– Available now
A zombie horde stumbles toward you, but these aren’t ordinary zombies, they are the Palladium staff and freelancers! That’s right, this horrifying mash of zombies includes Kevin, Wayne, Alex, Kathy, Julius and Matthew, as well as Kevin Long, Ramon Perez, Freddie Williams, Mike Mumah (the artist), Mark Dudley, Chuck Walton, Nick Bradshaw, Carl Gleba, Jason Richards, Brandon Aten, Greg Diaczyk and many, many others (36 monstrous faces total). Available in two sizes, both signed by the Palladium staff.
- Black and White Print illustration printed on a nice 80 pound paper stock. Limited print run.
- Art by: Michael Mumah.
- Signed by the Palladium Staff: Kevin Siembieda, Wayne Smith, Kathy Simmons, Alex Marciniszyn, Julius Rosenstein and Matthew Clements.
- Two Sizes and Prices:
Cat. No. PR809-11, $6.00 retail, 11x8½ inches (the size of one of our books turned on its side); signed by the Palladium staff.
Cat. No. PR809-17, $10.00 retail, 17x11 inches (the size of one of our books opened to show both pages); signed by the Palladium staff.
- Available now. Order yours today! A few of you have them coming in your Christmas Surprise Package. Ho, ho, ho.
- Note: Yes, you can “ask” for the Endless Dead Zombie print in your Christmas Surprise Package, but only people who ask for one will be considered, and you are likely to get the small, 8½ x11 print, not the big, gorgeous 11x17 print. Asking for the print is NOT a guarantee you will get one, as this is a new item available in the Palladium Online Store.
PDF downloads from DriveThruRPG.com
This is a great resource for getting out of print Palladium titles and other select books. We’ve made 90 titles available as PDF digital downloads from DriveThruRPG.com. This is a great way to try Palladium products and get access to out of print RPG source material. Some notable titles include:
- Splicers® RPG
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, First Edition Rules.
- Boxed Nightmares™ for BTS, First Edition Rules.
- Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™.
- The Mechanoids® RPG and The Mechanoid Invasion® RPG Trilogy.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, First Edition Rules and select 1st Edition sourcebooks.
- After the Bomb® RPG and sourcebooks.
- The Rifter® issues 1-48.
- The Best of The Rifter®
- Deluxe Revised RECON® RPG and Advanced RECON® Sourcebook.
- And more – go to DriveThruRPG.com and check ‘em out.
© Copyright 2011 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Beyond the Supernatural™, Chaos Earth, Coalition States, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, Warpath, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.