Palladium Books® – Weekly Update – August 31, 2023
One game system – every genre – countless worlds – endless adventure
By Kevin Siembieda and Sean Owen Roberson
Happy Labor Day. We hope those of you in the USA are able to enjoy a long, fun-filled Labor Day holiday weekend. I saw Wayne and Alex pulling out the chains and shackles they use to lock me at my desk on weekends. When I protested that the holiday was coming, they claimed that Labor Day was a celebration of “labor” and meant I had to work extra long hours the entire weekend and Monday. Somehow this requirement did not apply to them or Sean, however. Oh no, here come the chains!
* SALE Extended and Expanded! Half price art prints EXTENDED through the holiday weekend. Art books added to sale: Rifts® Coloring Book, Rifts® Machination of Doom, Rifts® & the Megaverse®: Art of John Zeleznik and Future Visions ALL 50% off through the holiday weekend. Sale ends Tuesday, after midnight! Decorate your gaming area, collect them, or buy them as gifts.
* NEW on DriveThruRPG.com – Titan Robotics™ Sneak Preview and it is FREE. Check it out.
* NEW! The Cyberworks Collection – available now – This book is epic and a must even for those who own every book it collects into one, big, 384 page Archie extravaganza. Why? 1. Everything Archie is at your fingertips. 2. The remastered art and layout is gorgeous. 3. The original Kevin Long cover and Mechanoid end sheets.
The Cyberworks Collection includes the Expanded Rifts® Sourcebook One (with the Republican/NEMA gear and info), Rifts® Sourcebook 2: The Mechanoids®, Rifts® Shemarrian Nation™ Sourcebook, plus key Archie, Hagan, Titan, and Shemarrian information from Rifts® Aftermath. Chock full of robots, weapons, and gear. And when we say remastered we mean high res artwork plus updated layout, editing, and tidbits of surprise material. This book is beautiful. See the full description elsewhere.
* UPDATE: Titan Robotics™ – We are very happy that you are loving Titan Robotics. If you are still on the fence, see the free Sneak Preview now on DriveThruRPG.com and there are free previews of Rifts® Coalition Manhunters, Northern Gun, Yin-Sloth Jungles, and many other titles as well.
* UPDATE: Yin-Sloth Jungles™ Expanded and Revised also continues to get excitedly positive reviews and is selling like crazy. Thank you and enjoy. The free Sneak Previews of Yin-Sloth Jungles and other titles can be found on DriveThru.
* UPDATE: We continue to move many projects forward: Yin-Sloth™ Expeditions, Rifts® Bestiary Volume 2, Rifts® Antarctica, the Rifts® Titan Robotics™ and Cyberworks Collection Savage Worlds conversion PDFs, and more. That includes our Top Secret project and some opportunities that have come our way these past several months.
* What’s hot from Palladium at the moment: Heroes Unlimited™, all the hardcover core books, Palladium Fantasy RPG®, Dead Reign® RPG, Nightbane® (Urban Fantasy/Horror), and all things Rifts®. Thank you, we need and appreciate your support.
* COMING SOON! If all goes well, Palladium’s next Kickstarter will start sometime in October, so please watch for it. This will be the secret project we’ve been quietly putting together for quite some time. You will be thrilled and will not want to miss it.
* UPDATE: Savage Worlds Conversions for our Kickstarter Backers: Sean has been hard at work on these and I think he said something about the Titan Robotics conversions going out soon. [Spoiler: I did. – Sean] And the Cyberworks Collection conversion documents for Savage Worlds should follow in a few weeks.
NEW! Art Print SALE Expanded to include Art Books – ALL Half Price – this weekend only!
- Dozens of art prints on sale at 50% – Long, Zeleznik, Walton, Mumah, Siembieda, and others.
- Rifts® Coloring Book
- Rifts® Machinations of Doom (Ramon K. Perez graphic novel & sourcebook)
- Rifts® & the Megaverse®: Art of John Zeleznik
- Future Visions: Art of Charles Walton II
- ALL 50% off through the holiday weekend. Save yourself a bundle.
- Sale ends Tuesday, September 2, after midnight!
NEW! Rifts® The Cyberworks™ Collection Hardcover – Available now
This beautifully re-mastered collection includes the Expanded Rifts® Sourcebook One (with the Republican/NEMA gear and info), Rifts® Sourcebook 2: The Mechanoids® (and Seven Dangers Prophecy), Rifts® Shemarrian Nation Sourcebook, plus key Archie, Hagan, Titan, and Shemarrian information from Rifts® Aftermath.
- The Cyberworks Collection features must-have ARCHIE-Three™ source material gathered into one, big, easy-to-use hardcover edition.
- “Re-mastered” means new, cleaned-up artwork, layout, editing, and tidbits of surprise material.
- Much of the artwork feels like new. Looks great.
- Chock full of robots, weapons, gear, and monsters.
- Rifts® Sourcebook One, Revised & Expanded.
- Rifts® Sourcebook Two: The Mechanoids®.
- Rifts® Shemarrian Nation™ Sourcebook.
- Rifts® Aftermath Archie-Three™ source material.
- 5 page index in the back of the book.
- Color end sheets. Fan favorite Kevin Long cover.
- 384 pages – $49.99 retail – color cover hardcover – Cat. No. 900 – available now.
Rifts® Titan Robotics™ Sourcebook – AVAILABLE NOW!
Shrouded in secrecy and rumor, the true story of Titan Robotics™ is finally revealed. Part a high-tech toy box, part Secrets of Archie Three, part adventure book with whole new ways to play, and filled with new types of Titan Robotics power armors, giant robots, vehicles, weapons, and gear. Join a Titan Robotics Courier Team and delve into the company’s many secrets, including ARCHIE-3’s plans and program to monitor and manipulate the outside world.
- Visit the gleaming steel and metal of a Titan Robotics™ showroom, and test-drive their newest models.
- 18 giant robots.
- 12 power armors.
- Weapons, gear and notable vehicles.
- Gunny’s Depots – arms dealer and part of Titan’s hidden network.
- Play a Syntharoid sentient human replica android.
- Play a Titan Dispatcher and join a Titan Robotics Courier Team.
- Discover ARCHIE and Hagan’s hidden agendas and secret operations.
- Explore Titan’s shadowy web of informants and how it prospers and grows.
- Explore alternative time lines, campaign prompts, adventure outlines, intrigue, espionage, and more.
- Art by Steven Cummings, Charles Walton, and others.
- Written by Sean Owen Roberson and Matthew Clements.
- 192 pages – $26.99 retail – Cat. No. 899 – Softcover.
Cyberworks™ Poker Deck – AVAILABLE NOW!
The cover art from the original Rifts® Sourcebook One is featured on the back of each card. Color throughout. Attractive and durable.
- 52 cards, plus red and black Jokers.
- Face cards feature iconic Rifts® Cyberworks/Archie 3 artwork (Spades: Cyberworks, Hearts: Shemarrians, Clubs: Mechanoids, Diamonds: Titan Robotics).
- Number cards feature a color energy swirl in the suit and a circuit board pattern.
- Textured linen cards for a nice touch and durability.
- Professional quality playing cards.
- 52 cards plus two Jokers – $14.99 per deck – Cat. No. 2609 – available now!
Yin-Sloth Jungles™ Expanded and Revised – AVAILABLE NOW
It is at the printer and we are told should arrive July 28, just in time for Gen Con – ships July 28. Yin-Sloth Jungles™ presents a setting unlike any other Fantasy RPG and it’s all fun. It opens with an overview and history of the region, followed by nuts and bolts, like skills, poison, and weapons. Players will drool over the 15 truly unique O.C.C.s ideal for jungle adventures and beyond. Players and Game Masters will love the lavishly detailed jungle people and monsters. Then you get a little taste of what’s to follow in Yin-Sloth Expeditions, making it a bit of a player’s guide and bestiary. Ah, but there is magic and strangeness, and your first hints of wild adventures across the sprawling jungle.
- 15 O.C.C.s, all updated and expanded, making them seem brand new: Beastmaster, Holy Crusader, Jungle Fighter, Man-Catcher, the unique Tezcat and Pygmy Shamans, Spy, Undead Hunter, and Witch Hunter, among others.
- 18 Jungle People and monsters updated and expanded, plus a few additions, also expanded so they feel like new.
- New and expanded Shaman Chant magic.
- New and unique Pygmy Shaman Chant magic.
- New and expanded history of the Yin-Sloth Jungles.
- Expanded and clarified weapons, jungle armor, poisons, & more.
- The Orcish Empire and a few notable cities.
- All new maps by Phil Stone.
- Comprehensive double-page map (grayscale) by Will Erwin.
- Deluxe color map of the region by Will Erwin to be made available separately.
- Filled with great artwork by Peterson (ROG) and Mike Mumah.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, John Klinkel, and Patrick Nowak.
- 160 pages – $24.99 retail – Cat. No. 459.
COMING SOON for Fantasy! Yin-Sloth Expeditions
In depth world information, villains, monsters, strange gods, a lost city, ancient civilizations, dark magic, several fully fleshed out adventures and ideas for a zillion more. Ideal for players and Game Masters alike. There is no place that offers the same range of adventures as the Yin-Sloth Jungles. August or September release.
The Yin-Sloth Jungles are a hostile wilderness filled with the ruins of lost civilizations, forgotten magic, and strange creatures found nowhere else in the world. And it’s all waiting for you to explore!
Expeditions provides more details about the Yin-Sloth Jungles and notable cities, their people, NPCs, hidden dangers, and opportunities for bold adventurers. Discover strange places and exotic beings, unravel mysteries, expose conspiracies, battle unspeakable evil, recover magic artifacts, or champion one of many human and non-human fledgling kingdoms across the jungles.
The original Yin-Sloth Jungles material has all been updated, expanded, and re-mastered from start to finish with additional text, adventures, details, art, and loads of maps (all new). I had forgotten how many exotic locations and great adventures were in the original book, plus ideas for a zillion more. All re-mastered, updated, and expanded for the delight of new and long-time Palladium Fantasy® fans alike.
- Villains, NPCs, magic items, adventures, and fun galore.
- Find adventure or become a hired mercenary in the Orcish Empire.
- Delve into cities like Mishala and others.
- Retrieve relics from an ancient catacomb of Dragonwright.
- Stop rebellion and save the city of Terellia.
- Explore the Lost City of Kor.
- Brave the madness at Shaldon’s Keep and save a village.
- Confirm rumors of a kingdom of monsters forming at the Great Fire Bog.
- Discover what evil lurks in the tomb of Gavin.
- Investigate a sect of Sea Giants restoring the city of Freedara.
- Unearth ancient secrets, face eldritch evil, battle the undead, fight giants and monsters, stand against a wicked dragon, and face all manner of beasts and challenges.
- 10 adventures and countless ideas for more.
- 30+ new maps by Phil Stone and dynamic artwork throughout.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, John Klinkel, and Patrick Nowak.
- 160-192 pages – final size and price yet to be determined – Cat. No. 460 – in final editing. Goes into layout soon.
BACK in STOCK! “Original” Palladium Fantasy RPG® “Bonus” Edition Commemorative Hardcover, 1st Edition – Available now
The ever popular Original Palladium Fantasy RPG® Commemorative Bonus Hardcover (first edition rules) is back in print. It is a deluxe, foil stamped edition that presents the original, First Edition Fantasy rules, expanded with the inclusion of the long out-of-print Arms of Nargash-Tor adventure sourcebook and Tombs of Gersidi.
- The complete, original RPG – the game that started Palladium Books.
- First Edition rules are easily adaptable to current Fantasy titles.
- Includes The Tombs of Gersidi adventure and setting.
- The Arms of Nargash-Tor adventure sourcebook is included as “bonus” material back in print for the first time in 35 years.
- Easily adapted to all 2nd Edition rules and sourcebooks.
- Deluxe hardcover edition. Probably limited to fewer than 1,000 copies.
- 320 pages total with “bonus” material – $55 retail – Cat. No. 449HC – available now!
List of Palladium Books® RPG Hardcovers Available Now
- NEW! “Original” Beyond the Supernatural RPG® Commemorative “Bonus” Foil Hardcover (1st Edition rules) – This is the original 1st Edition rules (1988) in a deluxe hardcover format. The first time ever as a hardcover and includes the original O.C.C.s, monsters, and magic. 28 monsters, adventures, G.M. tips, Erick Wujcik’s infamous “victim character” rules, and 32 bonus pages of adventure material for BTS-2. The cover is a blood red foil image, imprinted on black faux leatherette. 288 pages – $55 retail – Cat. No. 699HC – Available now!
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, 2nd Edition Hardcover – 224 pages – $36.99 – Cat. No. 700HC.
- BACK IN STOCK! “Original” Palladium Fantasy RPG® Commemorative “Bonus” Foil Hardcover (1st Edition rules) – Holiday demand cleaned the shelves of this fan favorite hardcover, but it is back in stock. This is the original 1st Edition Rules RPG including Tombs of Gersidi and the first Fantasy sourcebook: The Arms of Nargash-Tor. The cover is a classy crimson foil image, imprinted on black faux leatherette to replicate the original red and black RPG fans love. 320 pages – $55 retail – Cat. No. 449HC – available now.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, 2nd Edition Hardcover – 336 pages – $39.99 – Cat. No. 450HC – Our second best selling new hardcover after the Rifts® 30th Anniversary edition.
- “Original” Rifts® RPG 30th Anniversary Commemorative Hardcover – available now! This collector’s item sports the original Parkinson cover, an additional 32 page color section, history of Rifts®, unpublished concept art, gallery of all Rifts® covers through 2020, and more. Can be used with ALL Rifts® supplements – 288 pages – $49.99 – Cat. No. 800HC30 – Available now.
- Rifts® Ultimate Edition RPG Hardcover – 376 pages – $44.99 – Cat. No. 800HC – epic.
- Rifts® Ultimate Edition “Softcover” is a new format. RUE has only ever been available as a hardcover, and it still is, but it is now also available as a softcover – 376 pages – $34.99 – Cat. No. 800SE.
- Rifts® Game Master Guide Hardcover – 352 pages – $39.99 – Cat. No. 845HC.
- Rifts® Book of Magic Hardcover – available now – BACK in stock – 352 pages – $39.99 – Cat. No. 848HC – available now.
- Rifts® Adventure Guide Hardcover – 192 pages – $36.99 – Cat. No. 849HC.
- Chaos Earth® RPG “Bonus” Edition Hardcover – 192 pages – $36.99 – Cat. No. 660HC – 30 extra pages of bonus material – available now!
- Heroes Unlimited™ RPG, 2nd Edition Hardcover – 352 pages – $39.99 – Cat. No. 500HC.
- Ninjas & Superspies™ RPG “Bonus” Hardcover – available now – BACK in stock – 224 pages – $36.99 – Cat. No. 525HC – includes bonus material – available now.
- After the Bomb® RPG “Bonus” Hardcover – available now – BACK in stock – 296 pages – $39.99 – Cat. No. 503HC – includes bonus material – available now.
- Nightbane® RPG “Bonus” Edition Hardcover – available now – 304 pages – $39.99 – Cat. No. 730HC – 60 extra pages of bonus material – available now.
- Dead Reign® RPG (Zombie Apocalypse) Hardcover – available now – BACK in stock – 224 pages – $36.99 – Cat. No. 230HC – available now.
- Splicers® RPG “Bonus” Edition Hardcover – The Splicers® RPG plus 50 pages of extra material gathered from The Rifter®. 280 pages – $44.99 – Cat. No. 200HC – available now.
DriveThruRPG – 300+ RPG products – a dozen unique world settings – one game system to bring you endless adventure
NEW! FREE sneak preview of Yin-Sloth Jungles Expanded is available on DriveThru for your viewing enjoyment. A fantasy setting, heroes and creatures unlike any other.
Discover the Palladium Megaverse® ...
No other game company offers game worlds for so many different genres. Best of all, learn to play one Palladium RPG and you can play them all, because each uses the same basic core rules and combat. There are differences, but the fundamentals are the same. This also means you can bring characters, villains, monsters, powers, magic, weapons, gear, and adventure ideas from one setting into another or mash them together!
- Rifts® titles. Rifts® is the ultimate setting in which you can combine any number of genres and play any style of gaming you may desire: science fiction, fantasy, supernatural horror, heroic adventure, dimensional travel, modern knights, cyborgs, giant robots, dinosaur taming, sleuthing, magic, monsters, heroes and legends. Or combine them all. There has never been a game quite like Rifts®.
- Rifts® Chaos Earth® titles. Live through the Great Cataclysm and the Coming of the Rifts. Rifts® Chaos Earth® RPG, Creatures of Chaos™, Rise of Magic™, and Chaos Earth® Resurrection™ are all available.
- The Rifter® #1-85. Each issue is a wealth of source material for Rifts® and 3-5 other Palladium game settings. More than 8,600 pages of source material and counting. Most issues are only available in digital form.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® titles. A rich, original setting in which you can play humans or any number of nonhuman species of people in a world of magic, heroes and wonder. All of it epic.
- Dead Reign® RPG and sourcebooks. The Zombie Apocalypse unleashed. A great introductory RPG that is surprisingly uplifting, fun, fast, and easy to learn.
- Heroes Unlimited™ RPG Second Edition titles. Create any type of superhuman you can imagine to build your own super-hero universe.
- After the Bomb® RPG and sourcebooks. Play anthropomorphic, intelligent, mutant animals as crime-fighting mutants and super-heroes or survivors of a crumbling post-apocalyptic Earth.
- Ninjas & Superspies™ RPG and the Mystic China™ sourcebook. 41 types of martial arts, ninjas, super-spies, gizmos, mystic powers, and magic in the main book, plus even more in Mystic China.
- Nightbane® RPG and sourcebooks – Urban Fantasy. Only you know the truth. Only you can see the Nightlords and their demonic minions, and you have the power to stop them. But you must transform into a monster yourself in order to use your powers. Trust no one.
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG and sourcebooks. Modern horror; 14 character classes, 42 occupations for “ordinary people,” 100+ psychic abilities, 16 monsters, and more.
- 300+ Palladium titles in all, plus G.M. kits, paper miniatures and more. Palladium Books has settings for every genre: Fantasy RPG, science fiction (Rifts®, Splicers®, and The Mechanoids®), super-heroes (Heroes Unlimited and After the Bomb), superhero horror (Nightbane®), modern horror (Beyond the Supernatural), zombies (Dead Reign®), The Rifter® sourcebook series, novels, paper minis, and more.
FUN Podcast Adventures
These fun podcasts are created by Palladium fans like you.
Heroes Unlimited™ Christmas Special and the Cozy Caverns Beyond the Supernatural RPG adventure podcasts from the creative minds at www.realplaygamespod.com.
Coming this summer from Real Play Games Podcast: A dozen plus episodes of After the Bomb®: Purrsuit of the Heart, with other good stuff in development like a new story arc for the Beyond the Supernatural inspired Cozy Cavern Mysteries, and more.
Rifts® Live Play Podcast is available for your viewing enjoyment – Rifts®: Ghost in the Machine. It is produced and Game Mastered by none other than long-time Palladium freelance artist, Mark Dudley. You can find the first several episodes on Imaginos TV. Click on the link below.
Palladium Collectibles – at Kevin’s Online Toy & Collectibles eBay Store
Original art – My Ebay store is one of the few places where you can find original artwork by me (Kevin Siembieda), Kevin Long, Charles Walton, and others, as well as one-of-a-kind negatives from classic Palladium books (they look awesome framed), and other Palladium memorabilia.
Collectibles include Palladium limited edition hardcovers, out of print items, signed books, one-of-a-kind proofreader copies, art prints, posters, comic books, Star Wars toys, superhero action figures, and many other toys and items from my personal collection. Yeah, I used to be a crazy toy and art collector. Hundreds of items. Take a look every weekend or two for new additions.
One-of-a-kind Palladium Books negatives (special and rare collectibles). Negatives are always very popular items at the Palladium Open House, Gen Con, and conventions, and are catching on as rare collectibles, unique in and of themselves. Before digital printing, pages of a book were laid out by hand on a board, and each page was photographed. The plastic film negatives were then “ganged” on a massive sheet of Mylar, 16 pages per big sheet, and the printing plates were made from the negatives – everything white, printing black. We have been cutting them loose and making them available to you. I am only keeping a few dozen pages of negatives and a few complete books for myself, the rest are all being slowly offered to you, in no particular order.
- Each negative is truly unique and resembles woodcut art.
- It is a piece of Palladium Books and RPG history you will treasure.
- Each was used to print the very book you may have in your collection (1981-2004).
- Each signed in silver ink by Kevin Siembieda, the founder and owner of Palladium Books.
- Each signed negative comes with a Certificate of Authenticity.
- A one-of-a-kind work of art and a dynamic conversation piece.
- Each signed negative is on a white board inside a clear plastic bag.
- Negatives looks fabulous matted or framed! Fits in an 8x10 inch matt opening. Each neg is roughly 8½ x 11 inches.
- Prices vary depending on the title, the art, and quality of the negative. Note: Many have scratches, or blemishes, and/or an opaque medium on the negative, but still look awesome matted or framed.
Closing Thoughts – Enjoy the Labor Day Weekend
I may be chained to my desk at work, but you should get out and have some fun. Labor Day is the unofficial last weekend of summer with back to school for many and autumn right around the corner. Enjoy the long weekend and our sale on art prints and art books. And if you haven’t done so already, take a look at the recent free sneak previews of Yin-Sloth Jungles™ Expanded, Titan Robotics™, Coalition Manhunters™, and others.
Sean and I have been in a lot of business meetings all week and talking to a dozen or more individuals, attorneys, and potential business partners. Exciting stuff, but nothing I can discuss just yet. [You better not, Buddy. – Sean] So I’m keeping this one short. Enjoy a nice weekend and game on.
– Kevin Siembieda, Publisher, writer, and friend
© 2023 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Powers Unlimited®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars®, Chaos Earth®, Dead Reign®, and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc.; Beyond the Supernatural, Coalition States, Garden of the Gods, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, Psychic Scream, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.