Palladium Books® Weekly Update – March 27, 2015
By Kevin Siembieda
AdeptiCon was an important convention for us on many different levels, but in the aftermath of the event, we have been dragging. I gave the guys a much welcomed Monday off (we needed it). The days that have followed have been filled with convention follow-ups and shipping of new releases, as we continue to work on and juggle a lot. We have big plans for Robotech® RPG Tactics™, several books are in development and the Palladium Open House beckons – only 7 weeks away! Here are the latest things going on at Palladium Books.
UPDATE: Bizantium and the Northern Islands™ – Shipped Yesterday – Available now
Bizantium and the Northern Islands™ arrived at the Palladium warehouse Wednesday afternoon. Pre-orders and distributor orders were pulled and packed that same evening and shipped out yesterday (Thursday, March 26, 2015). I can’t say enough about this book: new villains and monsters, history and magic, adventure and fun. If you’re a fan of the Palladium Fantasy RPG® you want Bizantium and the Northern Islands™. Take a look at the FREE sneak preview of it on DriveThruRPG.com – and it is just a small fraction of the entire 192 page book. Available now.
Glen Evans, the chief author and architect behind Bizantium and the Northern Islands™, as well as Matthew Clements, Charles Walton, Mark Dudley, Amy L. Ashbaugh, Ben Rodriguez, Alex, Wayne, Jeff, Julius, myself and other contributors to this jam-packed world book will be available at the Palladium Open House to sign your copy and chat about the process of creating books. Which reminds me. Come to the Open House and bring as many of your favorite book titles as you want to be signed by the artists, writers and people behind its creation. No other convention or gaming event offers so many Palladium creators to sign books, and we are happy to do so.
UPDATE: The Rifter® #69 – Shipped Yesterday – Available now
The printer got The Rifter® #69 done in record time. It arrived the same day as Bizantium™ and we managed to prep, pack and ship out both books by Thursday morning. By the way, subscription response was the BEST we’ve seen in years, so our thanks to those of you who subscribed. I think you’ll be glad you did. As above, subscribers and pre-orders shipped from the Palladium warehouse yesterday. Available now.
UPDATE: The Rifter® #70 – working on it now – ships end of April
Wayne is making his final selections right now, and art will be assigned immediately thereafter.
DEADLINE to get a hotel room for the Palladium Open House (POH) is April 1, 2015
Rooms being held at the $109.00 per night rate (two Queen beds or one King with pull-out sofa-bed) ENDS April 1, 2015. But it’s not the price that you need to worry about, it’s the availability of the rooms. Due to a number of sporting events and conventions happening that same weekend, any hotel room will be hard to find. If you are coming to the POH (yes, please join the fun) you NEED to reserve your room THIS WEEKEND! Note: Your credit card will not be charged until a few days before your arrival in May. No risk. No cost to you today. Get your room “guaranteed” reserved this weekend. Furthermore, the number of rooms with double beds is limited. Rooms held only until April 1 – $109.00 per night. Book your room NOW to get this price and great location five minutes from the Palladium office.
Special Group Rate for POH “Hotel” information:
$109.00 (plus tax) per night at the Comfort Inn, a.k.a. “Plymouth Clock Tower Hotel.” That’s $109 (plus tax) for a room with two queen beds or one king with a sofa that has a pull-out sleeper. ALL rooms have a microwave & fridge, FREE high-speed wired/wireless Internet and there is a FREE hot breakfast from 6 A.M. to 10 A.M. near the lobby.
Comfort Inn – MUST Reserve by April 1 to get Group Rate
40455 Ann Arbor Road
Plymouth, MI 48170
Group Code “Palladium Books” – you MUST request the Group Code “Palladium Books” at the time of booking to ensure the correct rate will be quoted and billed to you.
Dates of the 2015 Palladium Open House (POH): May 15-17, 2015. May 14 is V.I.P. Night. Open gaming continues at the hotel each night. Plenty of places to eat just down the road (Denny’s, Wendy’s, McDonald’s, and many others).
– Palladium Books – 39074 Webb Court – Westland, MI 48185
For more info and to purchase tickets to the Palladium Open House, click here.
UPDATE: Robotech®: Expeditionary Force Marines™ Sourcebook – in production
I haven’t been able to work on it yet this week, but I’ll be back on it this weekend. Robotech® Marines is going to be a great book with new mecha, aliens, new character classes, the Invid and more. Author Irvin Jackson outdid himself. I will be giving this title my full attention.
NEW! Robotech® Dice Bag – Gold imprint on a black bag
The Robotech® Dice Bag was a hit at AdeptiCon, and now it’s available in the Palladium store for everyone. Gold colored print on a faux velvet, black, draw-string bag – 7½ x 8 inch bag with flat, round bottom. $8.00 and only available from Palladium Books. Just a little fun something we worked on behind the scenes. Much more to be revealed for Robotech® soon. See a full description of this item elsewhere in this Update.
UPDATE: Chaos Earth® Resurrection™ sourcebook – spring release
This new and powerful sourcebook should be done in time for the Palladium Open House, and Taylor White (who is also running some games) will be available to sign books, along with many other Palladium creators.
UPDATE: Robotech® RPG Tactics™
Gotta keep this one brief, but we have all kinds of things boiling that we’ll be talking about soon.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ has shipped to our Kickstarter backers in Europe and has been shipping to Australian backers, with the rest of the world to follow.
Beasts of War – Unboxing of Robotech® RPG Tactics™ with Carmen Bellaire. This unboxing video was made with Carmen Bellaire, co-author of the rules for Robotech® RPG Tactics™. It is my understanding that 2-3 additional videos will be posted in the weeks ahead. Catch ‘em all and enjoy.
Forge the Narrative Podcast. While at AdeptiCon, Jeff Burke and I did a podcast with Paul Murphy. He also interviewed the guys at Ninja Division and a host of other people. They can be heard at:
Palladium has exciting plans in development for expanding the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ game line and gaming experience. In between hammering out various details, I have been working on the announcement with all the juicy info. Our plans for Robotech® RPG Tactics™ will be coming soon. Meanwhile, keep having fun building and painting Robotech® RPG Tactics™ game pieces, playing the game, and spreading the word about how much fun this game is to play. The FREE Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Color Guide Resource is available on DriveThruRPG.com along with an ever increasing number of comprehensive building instructions, with more coming in the weeks ahead as we ratchet up the excitement for RRT.
AdeptiCon was a very valuable experience for Palladium Books. Everyone we spoke to was friendly and helpful. We sold some product and shared information, but most importantly, we watched, learned and got a lot of valuable feedback and input from wargamers from around the globe. The event was worth it just for the networking and chance to speak to so many people. I love this hobby, because you can get such honest and thoughtful feedback from gamers. Excellent. It really helped us to fine-tune some of the plans we’ve been making for the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ game line, both immediate and long-term.
Of course, Robotech® RPG Tactics™ was the Number One point of interest. We sold a number of main box sets and expansion packs, as well as Robotech® Battle Foam Bags/carrying cases. The new Robotech® dice bag with the classic logo made its debut at AdeptiCon and it went over well. In fact, it was the item we sold the most, because it was new. I was surprised by how many gamers there knew Palladium Books from our role-playing games. In fact, we sold a surprising number of RPG titles (surprising to me, at any rate); mostly Rifts®, Heroes Unlimited, Robotech® and Dead Reign®, pretty much in that order. Despite the advance hype, a number of people were surprised I was there in person and happy to chat and get some autographs.
The Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Tournament orchestrated by Kyle Toth and his crew was one of the events most highly anticipated by us at Palladium. It seemed to go over well and we had more than a few excited participants stop by our booth afterward. The event may have had more gamers if it was scheduled for Friday. That guess is based on the number of gamers we spoke to who told us they wanted to play in it except it conflicted with the big Warhammer 40,000 tournament they were participating in on Saturday. It’s difficult to say if the turnout would have been much different on Friday. Food for thought for next year. Kyle and company did a nice job. We were surprised and amused to hear that all but one player brought Zentraedi as their faction. The most common reason for this that we heard from the players was they brought Zentraedi because they thought EVERYONE would be bringing UEDF. Funny. Many of the painted game pieces looked awesome, and the terrain provided as playing fields varied. Our personal favorite terrain was the asteroid created by Kyle, Chris and I believe, a third person. I gushed about it so much that Kyle kindly offered to sell it to Palladium. You can see it at the Palladium Open House and at Gen Con Indy. Our heartfelt thanks to Kyle and his team for all their time and hard work. You guys are awesome.
Jeff ran demos at our booth all four days, and we fielded questions and received helpful suggestions about rules, running tournament events, as well as impromptu opinions on a number of subjects we asked the gamers there. The response to Robotech® RPG Tactics™ continues to be overwhelmingly favorable and gamers are excited about what the future holds for this expanding game line. We will be clarifying and defining our plans for it very soon.
It was a genuine pleasure meeting all of you, and an unexpected pleasure to reconnect with some old acquaintances. Your input and suggestions were very welcomed and appreciated. Special thanks to Kyle, Chris, Bill, Paul, Doug, Daniel, Sam and so many others for your support and interest in making Robotech® RPG Tactics something special and lasting for years to come. Together, we can make Robotech® RPG Tactics better and more expansive, and enjoy endless adventure.
Palladium Open House Mini-Update – Join the fun – May 15, 2015
The last few weeks have been so hectic that I have forgotten to mention that Glen Evans, author of Bizantium and the Northern Islands™, has confirmed he will be at the Palladium Open House. Moreover, one of the panel talks will be with Glen (and a couple other writers) about writing and submitting manuscripts to Palladium Books and the creative process. I’m also hoping Glen will running a few games at the POH.
Mike Mumah has confirmed he will be at the Palladium Open House to have some fun, sell prints and original art. This is Mike’s first appearance at a gaming event or convention since his shocking stroke in 2013! Glad to have you with us, Mike.
Mark Dudley will only be available on Thursday and Friday.
Ramon K. Perez – fan favorite Rifts® artist and comic book artist (Spider-Man: Learning to Crawl, Rifts® Machinations of Doom, and other comic book titles) is planning on coming to the POH, but he too will only be available for a day or two, probably Thursday and/or Friday. Apparently, one of Ramon’s close friends decided to have his wedding the same weekend as the Open House and Ramon has to split his time. I’m just delighted Ramon is going to try to make it to the POH at all. What a guy.
We plan to host a Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Tournament with gamers allowed to sign up just for that one event if they would like. More details to come. Trying to find the right guy(s) to run the tournament. We had hoped co-creator of RRT, Carmen Bellaire, might be persuaded, but he has other plans. At any rate, start painting your faction and game to win prizes and have some fun.
POH Game Masters and Gaming Events still needed for the Palladium Open House – May 14-17, 2015. It is NOT too late to volunteer to run games at the POH. Game Masters who run three or more games get a 30% discount on most products (excludes non-collectible or one-of-a-kind items) and a T-shirt. See details at the end of this Update and in the store description.
Come to the Open House even if it is for one day! Meet 40+ Palladium creators, game in the Palladium warehouse, and have a blast.
For more info and to purchase tickets to the Palladium Open House, click here.
UPDATE: PenguiCon – April 24, 25 & 26, 2015 – Southfield, Michigan
A reminder that Palladium has added PenguiCon to its convention schedule – April 24-26. We’ll be there selling Robotech® RPG Tactics™, our latest book releases and other select RPG titles. Chuck Walton will be present selling original art and prints, too. And since the Palladium warehouse is only 30 minutes away, tell us your special wants, and we can have one of the Palladium crew drive them in later that afternoon or evening. Swing by to say hello, get some autographs and buy the latest releases.
UPDATE: DriveThruRPG.com – previews, new products and fun
- Bizantium Sneak Preview – available now.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® Paper Miniatures – Volumes #1-6 are available now. Two more coming in a few weeks, with more to follow.
- The Rifter® issues #1-62 – available now.
- FREE Robotech® RPG Tactics™ color guides.
- Detailed, comprehensive Robotech® RPG Tactics™ assembly instructions are available now, with more coming.
- Much more to come.
The Palladium Fantasy® Bizantium and the Northern Islands™ free preview is posted and available now. The Rifter® #61-62 and four new sets of Fantasy Paper Miniatures (with 20+ figures in most sets) have also been posted. And there is more to come. Palladium continues to provide FREE support to Robotech® RPG Tactics™ and other Palladium game lines with supplemental material. And this is just the beginning. So far, that includes some RRT game cards, the massive mecha painting/color design templates (more than 100 images in color and black and white – and an awesome resource for any Robotech fan), and some detailed assembly instructions, with MUCH more coming. We have big plans for Robotech® RPG Tactics™ and other Palladium game lines.
We’ll be adding a bunch of new material to DriveThruRPG.com over the next several months, so keep an eye on it. DriveThruRPG.com already offers 100+ Palladium Books products available as PDFs with more to be made available soon. They currently include free items, previews and book titles like the Coalition Wars®/Siege on Tolkeen™ series, Splicers® RPG, The Rifter® issues #1-62 (with more to come), and first edition rules of the Rifts® RPG, Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, Heroes Unlimited™ RPG, The Palladium Fantasy RPG®, and related 1st edition sourcebooks for each. And more! Like what? Like Fantasy Paper Miniatures (see below) and Game Master Kits for digital download. They are available only as PDF files and were designed special to help you run your games and build campaigns. There are also sneak previews of books and other good stuff. Check it out! And let other gamers know they are available too. We’ll be making more available on DriveThruRPG in the weeks and months to come, so take a look on a regular basis.
UPDATE: Six volumes of Palladium Fantasy RPG® “Paper Miniatures” are available now, on DriveThruRPG.com
Six Volumes of Palladium Fantasy RPG® “Paper Miniatures” are now available and waiting for you on DriveThruRPG.com with two more specific to Bizantium and the Northern Islands being worked on right now and coming in another week or two. And they will be followed by more. See the full description elsewhere in this Update and in the online store.
Shipping, working, birthdays and Easter . . .
April is a busy, busy month for us. There is Easter and a number of gaming events coming up, prep work for the Palladium Open House, and birthdays galore. Julius Rosenstein, Wayne Smith, Matthew Clements, myself and a few freelancers all have birthdays clustered together throughout April and May before the Open House, with another cluster in June. I’m too busy to celebrate mine next week, so we’ll be getting together a week or so afterward to celebrate two or three of them together. Meanwhile, we are working on several fronts. Not enough days in the week to get everything done. Would love to have Robotech® Marines in time for the Open House. Glad Bizantium™ and The Rifter® #69 are shipping out. Picked up two new distributors. The week has been cold and dreary. It sure has not looked nor felt like Spring, but I hope it is sunny and warm in your corner of the Megaverse®. More next week. And come to the Palladium Open House!
– Kevin Siembieda, Game Designer, Writer, Publisher
NEW! Robotech® Dice Bag – Available now
People have enjoyed the Rifts® dice bag for years, so we thought we’d do one for Robotech®. The Robotech® Dice Bag debuted at AdeptiCon and went over very well. Now it is available in the Palladium store for everyone. This is just one tiny thing we’ve been working on behind the scenes for Robotech®. More to come.
- The classic Robotech® logo.
- Golden yellow color, silk-screen imprint.
- Black, faux velvet, draw-string bag.
- 7½ x 8 inch bag with flat, round bottom. Can hold a lot of dice.
- Suitable for any Robotech® gamer with a pile of dice.
- $8.00 retail – Cat. No. 2565 – Available now, only from Palladium Books.
NEW! Palladium Fantasy RPG® Sourcebook: Bizantium and the Northern Islands™ – Available now
To the civilized world, Bizantium and the waters and lands around it are frightening. A realm of sea serpents, monsters, and barbarians. To the heroes and people who live there, it is a realm of adventure, beauty and opportunity.
One might consider Bizantium as the center of adventure and mystery in the North. Many are the myths of ancient gods, lost treasures and strange creatures. On the mainland, there are the Wolfen and their canine kin, the Kiridin barbarians, the turbulent Shadow Coast colonies, and all manner of monsters and secrets in the Northern Hinterlands and Great Northern Mountains. Living near the edge of the Sea of Despair and in the shadow of the Land of the Damned, sea monsters and danger are but a short voyage away and make all too frequent visits to the Bizantium islands.
North of Bizantium are the Icy Ocean and Great Ice Shelf, places where only a handful of the bravest Bizantian sailors have ever set sail, and the rest of the world knows nothing about. For kingdoms in the south, only a few scholars have ever heard of the Great Ice Shelf or the cannibalistic Necromancers known as the Iceborn who make the frozen wasteland their home. Those who have heard tales of the land of ice and death are convinced they are nothing but the stuff of myth. Very soon, they will find out otherwise.
And these are but a few of the revelations presented in Bizantium and the Northern Islands™. Discover for yourself the wonders and horrors that await.
- Waterchanter O.C.C. and 20+ magic spells new to the Fantasy setting.
- Necromancy revisited. Many spells new to the Fantasy setting.
- 90+ spells in all, including Ocean Magic for the Waterchanter, Necromancy and more.
- Serpent Chaser, Bizantium Marine and other new character classes.
- The Iceborn, their man-eating Raiders, Skinbinders and Sea Witches. A forgotten race of monsters who worship death, wield death magic, hunt humanoids, eat their flesh, and wear their skin. A villain you will love to hate.
- The Iceborn’s Necroilus – massive vessels made from the remains of dead sea serpents and animated by Necromancy to prowl the seas.
- Vengeful gods, monsters, sea serpents and sea monster creation tables.
- The Seven Treasures touched by the Northern Gods, lost for centuries, waiting to be found.
- New and old Bizantium ships including the Bireme, Ice Breaker and Battleship.
- Bizantium as never before seen.
- The Northern Islands described in new detail.
- The Great Ice Shelf – a new continent to explore.
- Bizantium’s origin, history, and mysteries revealed.
- Bizantian society, culture, religion, magic and notable places.
- People and places of note. Adventure hooks galore, and more.
- Written by Glen Evans, Matthew Clements and Kevin Siembieda.
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 474 – Available now.
NEW Palladium Fantasy RPG® “Paper Miniatures” – on DriveThruRPG.com
Three new Volumes are already waiting for you, another is coming this weekend and more soon after that. Palladium Fantasy RPG® “Paper Miniatures” are a quick, fun “online only” product for gamers who want inexpensive game pieces for their Palladium Fantasy® game – only $5.99 for 20+ figures in each set. All are colorful, dynamic and attractive figures available via PDF download that you print on a card stock, cut out and slide into a paper stand (all part of the pack you purchase). A FREE Sample and the first SIX sets of Palladium Fantasy RPG® Paper Miniatures are available NOW on DriveThruRPG.com, and many more are coming. Including a set or two for Bizantium and the Northern Islands.
- FREE Sample – Check ‘em out. They’re free!
- Volume One: O.C.C.s – 24 O.C.C.s representing each of the primary character classes – Men-at-Arms, Men of Magic, Clergy and Psychics.
- Volume Two: Monster Races – 28 R.C.C.s representing 4 Trolls, 4 Ogres, 8 Orcs, 8 Goblins and 4 Hob-Goblins. More nonhuman races to come.
- NEW! Volume Three: NPC Encounters – 24 figures representing townspeople, merchants, squires and more.
- NEW! Volume Four: Undead – 29 figures representing zombies, vampires, animated skeletons and others.
- NEW! Volume Five: Females – 24 figures representing female warriors, mages, priestesses, and other O.C.C.s.
- NEW! Volume Six: Dwarves – 28 figures representing male and female Dwarven warriors and other O.C.C.s.
- NEW! Coming Soon: Volume Seven: Bizantium Heroes – Yet to be determined number of figures representing Bizantium Marines, Serpent Chasers, Warlocks, Waterchanters, and other people of the Island Kingdom.
- NEW! Coming Soon: Volume Eight: Bizantium Menaces – Yet to be determined number of figures representing the Iceborn Raiders, Skinbinders, Sea Witch, Ice Bearmen, Sea Ghoul, Selkie, Wolfen and others.
- All are 28mm scale figures and designed in full color.
- Most sell for $5.99 per set.
- Much support will follow, provided there is a demand for this PDF product line.
NEW! The Rifter® #69 – Available now
The Rifter® #69 is packed with exciting and fun material for Rifts®, Chaos Earth®, After the Bomb®, Dead Reign®, Heroes Unlimited™ and more!
Every issue of The Rifter® is an idea factory for players and Game Masters to generate new ideas and find new avenues of adventure. It provides useful, ready to go source material you can just drop into your ongoing games. A doorway to new possibilities and numerous Palladium role-playing worlds. And the many new characters, O.C.C.s, powers, magic, weapons, villains, monsters, adventures and ideas for one setting can be easily adapted to any Palladium setting. Every issue has material for Rifts® and at least 2-3 other Palladium game lines. With 2015 being the 25th Anniversary of Rifts®, every issue of The Rifter® will feature a Rifts® inspired cover and contain at least one Rifts® article.
The Rifter® #69 – Winter, 2015:
- Rifts®: Arenas of Atlantis by Will Erwin.
- Rifts® Chaos Earth®: First Responders of New Mexico by Daniel Frederick.
- After the Bomb®: Long Gull Island by Michael J. Osborne.
- Heroes Unlimited™: Adventure ideas by Glen Evans.
- Dead Reign®: Tampa Bay by Eric Sturm.
- Rifts® Short Story: Clean, Part One, by Irvin Jackson.
- News, coming attractions, product descriptions and more.
- Rifts® cover by “Madman” Mike Leonard.
- 96 pages – $13.95 retail – Cat. No. 169. Winter issue. Available now.
COMING! The Rifter® #70 – Ships end of April 2015
The Rifter® #70, Spring issue will present a nice variety of new source material for Rifts® and other Palladium RPG settings. Celebrating the Rifts® 25th Anniversary, there will be an emphasis on Rifts® material and each cover will be Rifts®.
- Rifts® Source material.
- Rifts® Short Story: Clean, Part 2, by Irvin Jackson.
- Tips for Game Masters.
- Source material for two or more other settings.
- News, coming attractions and much more.
- Cover (Rifts®) by Charles Walton II.
- 96 pages – $13.95 retail – Cat. No. 170. Ships end of April or early May.
Back in print – Rifts® World Book 21: Splynn Dimensional Market™
This awesome sourcebook is, in effect, Rifts® Atlantis Part Two. It is said that anything you may desire – especially if it is dark, magical or alien – can be purchased, for a price, at the Splynn Dimensional Market. Anything. ‘Nuff said.
- 14 more monstrous Splugorth slave races.
- New Magic Tattoos and Bio-Wizard organisms.
- Dozens of Bio-Wizard weapons and magic items.
- The deadly Bio-Borg and Kittani weapons and equipment.
- The Splynn Dimensional Market described and key locations noted.
- Art by Ramon Perez, Mike Dubisch, Burles, Breaux and others.
- $24.95 – 192 pages – Cat. No. 836 – Available now!
Rise of Magic™ – Rifts® Chaos Earth® Sourcebook – Now shipping
We’ve all played “post” apocalyptic games. Now imagine playing as the apocalypse is happening. As the world you know is crumbling. As magic and monsters from myth become real and your world is reshaped by forces beyond your comprehension. That is the premise behind the Rifts® Chaos Earth® series. That YOU play through the Great Cataclysm as the apocalypse happens.
Rifts® Chaos Earth®: Rise of Magic™ is a key book in that continuing story (new books are coming this Spring and Summer). In Rise of Magic™, humans, particularly children, are discovering they can draw upon mystic energy and cast magic. The thing is, they don’t really know what they are doing. Magic is just part of the chaos and the impossible that is happening all around them. Meanwhile, others have found they can summon and control monsters and demons, while still others make pacts with supernatural beings to become witches and worse. And some have learned they can harness the magic to animate and command the dead. Madness and more chaos ensues. All of this only complicates things for NEMA, Earth’s defenders, as the line of distinction between “good guys” and “bad guys” begins to blur, and things go from bad to worse.
- Chaos Magic, new magic specific to the Chaos Earth® setting.
- 100+ unique Chaos Magic spells.
- New magic O.C.C.s like the Blue Zone Wizard and Chaos Wizard.
- New evil magic users like the Chaos Witch and Demon Caller.
- More on NEMA and the Demon Plagues.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda. At the printer.
- Two new Chaos Earth® sourcebooks are coming soon.
- 64 pages – $12.95 – Cat. No. 662. Available now.
Rifts® Chaos Earth® RPG – Available now
The origins of Rifts® start here! It is a new beginning. But first everything that human civilization had become during the Golden Age of Science, more than eighty years in our future, must come to a crashing end. The Earth is in the process of being transformed into a place more alien than a thousand alien worlds. Ley lines erupt with even more power and ambient energy than what is known on Rifts Earth 300 years later. Rifts – tears in space and time – appear along ley lines to unleash legions of aliens, monsters, dragons, supernatural horrors, and ancient gods of myth and legend in a mad symphony of chaos and transformation.
You play survivors or the heroes of NEMA. The men and women of the Northern Eagle Military Alliance equipped with their Chromium Guardsmen (Glitter Boys), Silver Eagles (SAMAS) and host of other robots and power armor to stand against a rising tide of enemies and alien invaders. They are humanity’s last and only hope to survive the apocalypse that will become known as the Great Cataclysm. These are the heroes you play in a world that can only be described as Chaos Earth.
- Overview of the Great Cataclysm as it unfolds.
- Introduction to NEMA and its weapons and resources.
- 11 different character classes, including robot pilots, the Para-Arcane, Demon and Witch Hunters, Chromium Guardsmen, Silver Eagles, and more.
- Weapons, robots, power armor, vehicles and equipment.
- Monsters, chaos and adventure. Written by Kevin Siembieda.
- 160 pages for the complete RPG – $20.95 – Cat. No. 660 – Available now!
- Chaos Earth® Sourcebook 2: Creatures of Chaos™ – 30+ Chaos Demons, NEMA and more. $12.95 – 64 pages – Cat. No. 661 – Available now.
Rifts® Chaos Earth® Sourcebook: Resurrection – Coming
In the shattered depths of Wisconsin, survivors are besieged by the dead come back to life. Zombies. But not just any type of zombie, zombies done Rifts-style. And unless the source of the zombie plague can be found and neutralized by NEMA defenders, North America may be overrun by the dead.
This was actually something Taylor White and I have been kicking around for years, even before we released the Dead Reign® RPG line. We think you’ll love it.
- Something has animated the dead in Wisconsin. It is up to NEMA heroes to find the cause and stop it before it spreads beyond control.
- Scrap Zombies of all types.
- Snatcher Ghouls, Carrion Cleaners, Screaming Puppet Ghosts, Sour Maggot Parasites, and other monsters.
- The Zombie Pox and other dangers.
- Setting background, adventure and adventure idea table.
- Written by Taylor White.
- 128 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 666. Spring 2015 (tentative).
Robotech® RPG Tactics™
– Available now in the USA, Canada, European Union, Australia and New Zealand
If you love Robotech®, you’ll want to take a look at this game. Beautifully detailed game pieces of your favorite Robotech® mecha, and fast playing rules that capture the Robotech® experience in a new, exciting way. And this is just the beginning. We have so much more planned. Available NOW – in game stores across the USA and Canada. Available in stores in the UK, European Union, Australia and New Zealand soon.
● Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Boxed Set (Main Box Game) – Cat. No. 55100 – $99.95 retail price. This is the game Robotech® fans have wanted for decades. Robotech® RPG Tactics™ is a fast-paced, tabletop combat game that captures the action and adventure of the Robotech® anime. Two or more players can engage in small squad skirmishes or scale up to massive battles. Relive the clashes of the First Robotech War, engage in stand-alone tactical games, or use the dynamic game pieces to enhance your Robotech® RPG experience. Or simply collect your favorite mecha from an expanding range of top-notch game pieces.
The First Six Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Expansion Packs are available to retail along with the main box game. Here are the SKUs and retail prices.
- UEDF Valkyrie Wing – Cat. No. 55201 – $36.95 retail.
- UEDF Tomahawk/Defender Destroids – Cat. No. 55202 – $32.95 retail.
- UEDF Spartan/Phalanx Destroids – Cat. No. 55203 – $32.95 retail.
- Zentraedi Regult Battlepods – Cat. No. 55401 – $36.95 retail.
- Zentraedi Artillery Battlepods – Cat. No. 55402 – $36.95 retail.
- Zentraedi Glaug Command – Cat. No. 55403 – $36.95 retail.
● Battle Foam Robotech® RPG Tactics™ bag/carrying case – Cat. No. 55107 – $120.00 retail (limited supply). Note: We only have about 30 Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Battle Foam bags available. Once they are sold out it will be months before we manufacture more, if ever.
● Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Rulebook – Cat. No. 55105 – $20.00 retail. Note: This is the same rulebook that is included in the main game box, and is offered separately for those who want an extra copy, or want to check out the rules before buying the whole game.
Robotech®: Expeditionary Force Marines Sourcebook One – Coming
Robotech®: Expeditionary Force Marines sourcebook is set in space with the UEEF (United Earth Expeditionary Force) led by Admiral Rick Hunter. This valiant force of mecha-clad heroes travel across the galaxy liberating planets from the bondage of the Invid Regent, the Robotech Masters and other tyrants and monsters.
- New mecha and weapons of the UEEF Marines.
- New UEEF Marine character classes and background.
- Alien species and allies.
- Planet hopping, adventure and much more.
- Epic battles and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Irvin Jackson. Additional text by Kevin Siembieda.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 553. Spring.
Rifts® Sourcebook – The Coalition States: Heroes of Humanity™
The events unfolding in World Book 35: Megaverse® in Flames threaten to change the entire landscape of Rifts® Earth as the demonic minions of Hades and Dyval seek to bring Hell on Earth, and turn the planet into a dimensional gateway to Armageddon!
The Coalition States, along with Northern Gun and Lazlo, take the lead in the defense of North America. Heroes of Humanity explores the good and bad in the Coalition’s efforts to save humanity and send this new threat back to the pits of Hell.
- New Coalition weapons, armor and war machines.
- The Coalition States: Are they heroes or villains? Or does it depend on whether you are human or not?
- Can the CS fight alongside mages and D-Bees if it means saving the world?
- How is the CS dealing with the Minion War on Earth?
- One plan to battle the Xiticix and who really pays the price.
- Adventure ideas and more.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Matthew Clements and other contributors.
- Final page count and cost yet to be determined but probably 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 889.
Rifts® Secrets of the Coalition States: The Disavowed™
“Desperate times require desperate measures. War has nothing to do with morality or justice. It’s all about winning or dying. We cannot bind our hands with high ideals, even our own, or worry about the laws of renegade nations or the rights of alien people. We must fight fire with fire. And you are the match.” – Colonel Lyboc addressing a Disavowed team
The Disavowed are so Top Secret that their existence is known only to a handful of the Coalition States’ most elite, top echelon, with Joseph Prosek II the mastermind behind the Disavowed operation, and Colonel Lyboc its shadowy face. Find out who these men and women are. How the Disavowed get away with using magic, traveling to other parts of Rifts Earth and even to other dimensions in pursuit of enemies and strategic information that cannot be had through conventional means. Learn about the secret parameters in which these hard-boiled warriors, secretly hand-picked by Joseph Prosek II, operate, why almost every mission is considered a suicide mission, and why they must forever be the Disavowed.
- CS operatives so secret that even the top military and political leaders right up to Emperor Prosek know nothing about them. And if they did know, would they condone their activity or condemn it?
- Are the Disavowed heroes or renegades? Assassins or soldiers? Madmen or super-patriots? Or a little of them all?
- Unsung heroes who keep the CS safe, or thugs and pawns of a shadow agency within the Coalition government?
- What role does the Vanguard play in this group?
- How do they reward their D-Bee “teammates” when the mission is over?
- What happens to the Disavowed when they have seen or learned too much? Adventure ideas galore and so much more.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Matthew Clements.
- Final page count and cost yet to be determined, but probably 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 892.
Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans
True Atlanteans are descendants from Earth’s past. The survivors of the sinking of Atlantis (really a dimensional mishap) and travelers of the Megaverse, wielders of Tattoo Magic and other lost mystic arts. Most people regard them as heroes, but are they? The Sunaj Assassins are mythic villains feared by all, yet they too are True Atlanteans who serve dark forces.
For the first time, much of the story behind True Atlanteans and their secrets are revealed.
- True Atlanteans revisited.
- Optional Atlantean character creation tables including clan heritage and other factors.
- Secrets of the stone pyramids, different types/purposes and powers.
- Many new magic tattoos, magic spells, weapons and armor.
- Atlantean hideouts and secret communities across the Megaverse.
- The Sunaj Assassins, their secrets, history and plans for the future.
- Atlantean Monster Hunter O.C.C., Atlantean Defender O.C.C. and much more. And this is just the tip of what this book contains.
- Written by Carl Gleba. Additional text and ideas by Kevin Siembieda.
- Final page count and cost yet to be determined, but probably 160-192 pages – $20.95-24.95 retail – Cat. No. 890.
PDF downloads from DriveThruRPG.com
This is a great resource for getting out of print Palladium titles and other select books. We’ve made 100 titles available as PDF digital downloads from DriveThruRPG.com, as well as Fantasy Paper Miniatures, Game Master resources and other good things with more to come. This is a great way to try Palladium products and get access to out of print RPG source material. Some notable titles include:
- The Rifter® #49-62 recently added – available now.
- Splicers® RPG.
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, First Edition Rules.
- Boxed Nightmares™ for BTS, First Edition Rules.
- Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™.
- The Mechanoids® RPG and The Mechanoid Invasion® RPG Trilogy.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, First Edition Rules and select 1st Edition sourcebooks.
- After the Bomb® RPG and sourcebooks.
- The Rifter® issues 1-62.
- The Best of The Rifter®.
- Deluxe Revised RECON® RPG and Advanced RECON® Sourcebook.
- And more – go to DriveThruRPG.com and check ‘em out.
Books slated for the first 6 months of 2015
- Bizantium & the Northern Islands™ – Available now!
- The Rifter® #69 – Available now!
- Rifts® Chaos Earth®: Rise of Magic™ Sourcebook – Back in print.
- Rifts® Book of Magic – Back in print and available now!
- Rifts WB 21: Splynn Dimensional Market – Back in print.
- Robotech® Dice Bag – New – Available now!
- Robotech®: Expeditionary Force Marines™ Sourcebook
- The Rifter® #70 – Spring.
- Chaos Earth® Resurrection (the dead rise, zombies attack).
- Chaos Earth® First Responders (more than you may imagine).
- Dead Reign® Sourcebook: Hell Followed™ (a large, juicy sourcebook).
Other titles for 2015 and beyond
- Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Advanced Rule Book
- Splicers® sourcebooks – several
- Beyond the Supernatural™ – Tomes Grotesque™ Volume One
- Beyond the Supernatural™ – Beyond Arcanum™
- Palladium Fantasy® Land of the Damned 3: The Citadel (probably 2016)
- Palladium Fantasy® Land of the South Winds
- Heroes Unlimited™ sourcebooks
- Dead Reign® sourcebooks
- Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™
- Rifts® Heroes of Humanity™
- Rifts® The Disavowed™
- Rifts® Antarctica
- Rifts® Sovietski
- Rifts® New Navy™
- Rifts® Delta Blues™
- Rifts® Dark Woods™
- Rifts® Voodoo
- Plus Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Wave One and Wave Two releases worldwide. And there are still some secret projects and licenses yet to be revealed.
Come to the Palladium Open House – May 15-17, 2015 – Westland, Michigan
Please consider this a personal invitation from me, Kevin Siembieda, to come and spend a weekend with the Palladium staff, our wonderful fellow creators, friends and fans from around the globe. At the POH you can ask any questions, enjoy long chats, get autographs from 40+ Palladium Creators, enjoy plenty of laughs, game like crazy and come away with memories that you’ll never forget.
- May 15-17, 2015.
- 100+ gaming events.
- 40+ Palladium Creators.
- Price of admission covers ALL events.
- Play in games run by the very people who make them.
- Game with us at the Palladium warehouse.
- Game with Kevin Siembieda & other Palladium creators.
- Play-test a prototype Rifts® board game run by the game designer.
- Enjoy Robotech® RPG Tactics™ tournament plus RRT games, products and demos.
- Compete in the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ painting competition.
- Participate in panel talks and many question and answer chats.
- Meet 40+ Palladium creators, all available to chat & sign books.
- Bring your favorite game books to get signed.
- Meet Kevin Siembieda and the Palladium staff.
- Meet Carmen Bellaire and many other Palladium creators.
- Meet Jolly Blackburn, creator of Knights of the Dinner Table.
- Meet Ramon K. Perez, Marvel Comics artist – Spider-Man: Learning to Crawl and Rifts® Machinations of Doom, as well as art in many Palladium World Books and other comics.
- Meet fellow gamers from around the world: Brazil, Canada, England, Germany, Uruguay, USA and elsewhere.
- Every in stock Palladium product available for purchase, and 40 creators happy to autograph whatever you get.
- Commission select artists to draw your favorite character.
- Rare collector items, first printings, and signed books.
- Original art by Long, Siembieda, Walton and many others.
- Art prints, T-shirts and specialty items.
- Robotech® art from the 1980s and 90s by Kevin Long and others.
- “Live” Auction with rare collectibles and oddities.
- Get the latest news and other insider info.
- A family reunion and party atmosphere.
- An intimate setting, unlike big conventions.
- May be the last Palladium Open House.
- Join the fun and make memories of a lifetime.
- Three days of nonstop gaming & fun.
- Special Event: Robotech® RPG Tactics™ tournament.
- Special Event: Robotech® RPG Tactics™ “Painting Contest” – bring your best painted Robotech® game piece and see if you win.
- Special Event: Robotech® RPG Tactics™ games galore. Some run by Carmen Bellaire, the co-author of the RRT core rules.
- Special Event: Live Auction (Saturday) – rare collectibles, out of print books, proofreader copies of manuscripts, and original art including some Kevin Long Robotech® II: The Sentinels artwork, animation cels, and rare Kevin Siembieda artwork, books from the Erick Wujcik collection, and more.
- Live panel talks and interviews on a wide range of subjects, with many different people, many question and answer sessions with Kevin Siembieda and others.
- Open gaming at Palladium and designated hotel. Hotel game room is open around the clock and available for additional games.
- Game with the very people who make your favorite games and sourcebooks, like Kevin Siembieda, Julius Rosenstein, Brandon Aten, Carmen Bellaire, Matthew Clements, Greg Diaczyk, Chuck Walton, Mark Dudley, the Mannings, and others.
- Note: No Costume Contest this year, but you are welcome to appear in costume if you like, and maybe something special will happen.
- Hours: 9:00 A.M. to 12:30 A.M. Friday and Saturday; till 5:00 P.M. Sunday. For you all-night gamers, open gaming continues at the hotel.
- Only weeks away – May 15-17, 2015! Order your admissions now!! And spread the word, bring a friend, and have the time of your life.
- IMPORTANT! You MUST make hotel reservations by April 1 to guarantee getting a room. “Palladium Books” Group Rate $109 at Comfort Inn Plymouth – MUST Reserve by April 1 to get Group Rate – Call 734-455-8100 and you MUST request the Group Code “Palladium Books” at the time of booking to ensure the correct rate will be quoted and billed to you.
Meet 40+ Palladium Creators at the 2015 POH
How often do any of us get to hang out with 40+ Palladium creators or a few hundred gamers from around the globe? Only at the Palladium Open House, and it happens only once every few years. You will NEVER see this many Palladium creators at any one location. Only those with an asterisk remain tentative.
- Amy L. Ashbaugh (Artist)
- Brandon Aten (Writer; Triax 2, Madhaven, The Sovietski, The Rifter®)
- Matthew Balent (Author of Weapons & Armor, Weapons & Castles, Monsters and Animals, and other titles; he was present at the start of Palladium Books!)
- Thomas Bartold (Defiler, writer; Island at the Edge of the World)
- Carmen Bellaire (Writer; Robotech® RPG Tactics, Powers Unlimited 1-3, Splicers® and more!)
- Joseph Bergmans (Honorary Staff Member, Helper and Consultant)
- Jolly Blackburn (Creator of Knights of the Dinner Table)
- James Brown (Game Master Supreme, Megaversal Ambassador)
- Jeffrey Burke (Staff, Robotech® Consultant & Artist)
- Kent Burles * (Artist)
- Braden Campbell * (Writer; Fleets, Thundercloud Galaxy, The Rifter®)
- Matthew Clements (Writer; Northern Gun 1 & 2, and much more)
- Steven Dawes (Writer; Dark Places, The Rifter®)
- Greg Diaczyk (Writer; Rifts® Lemuria and The Rifter®)
- Mark Dudley (Artist and Game Master)
- Glen Evans (Writer of Bizantium and frequent Rifter® contributor)
- Scott Gibbons (Game Designer – play-testing Rifts® board game)
- Carl Gleba * (Writer; Megaverse® in Flames, Minion War series, and many others, and awesome G.M.)
- Chris Guertin (Honorary Staff Member/Helper)
- Jeffry Scott Hansen * (Writer & Author; Warpath)
- Irvin Jackson * (Writer & Artist)
- Doug Lamberson (Honorary Staff Member/Helper)
- Lonnie Langston * (G.M. and Megaversal Ambassador)
- “Madman” Mike Leonard (Artist and Writer)
- Allen Manning (Artist)
- Brian Manning (Artist)
- Alex Marciniszyn (Staff, Editor and Research)
- Mike Mumah (Artist)
- Mark Oberle (Writer; Nightbane® Survival Guide, Rifter®)
- Apollo Okamura * (Artist)
- Taylor Oltman (Artist)
- Ramon K. Perez (Artist for RPGs and Spider-Man; Thursday-Friday only)
- Victor Peterson (Megaversal Ambassador & Game Master)
- Ben Rodriguez (Artist)
- Julius Rosenstein (Staff, Writer, Editor & Game Master)
- Jeff “NMI” Ruiz (Palladium’s Online Administrator & MA)
- Kevin Siembieda (Staff, Founder, Writer, Artist & Game Master)
- Kathy Simmons (Staff, Order Processing and Customer Services)
- Josh Sinsapaugh (Writer, Rifter® Contributor)
- Wayne Smith (Staff, Editor, and Editor-in-Chief of The Rifter®)
- Charles Walton (Artist and Concept Guy)
- Taylor White (Writer and Musician; author Triax 2 and Chaos Earth Resurrection®)
- And more.
Note: Must RESERVE HOTEL ROOM by April 1, 2015 to guarantee a room and get the special $109 rate! Call 734-455-8100 and you MUST request the Group Code “Palladium Books” at the time of booking to ensure the correct rate will be quoted and billed to you.
POH Game Masters and Gaming Events still needed for the Palladium Open House – May 14-17, 2015
Game Masters WANTED. It is not too late to volunteer to run games at the Palladium Open House. For some reason, after the Open House Update was sent last weekend, a number of people seemed to think it was too late to volunteer to run games. It is NOT too late to sign up to run gaming events at the Palladium Open House. The more Game Masters and games the better. We can use more Game Masters to run game events for ALL of our game lines. We saw a few G.M.s calling and emailing earlier this week to ask if they could run events for us. YES, please do. The more the better! Let us know as soon as possible so that we can work out a solid advanced schedule, but we’ll take gaming events anytime.
What we will need from G.M.s:
- RPG/world setting (Rifts®, Robotech®, HU2, Fantasy, BTS, Ninjas & Superspies, etc.).
- Game Description: A brief, but dynamic description of the game.
- Maximum Number of Players: 6-10 is typical, but run what YOU feel comfortable with running.
- Running Time: 3-4 hours is typical, and best for these kinds of events, longer can be a problem.
- What Days You Can Run: VIP Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
- When: Do you have a preferred time of day you want to run? If so, what is it (10 AM, noon, 8:00 PM, what)? If we can not give you that time slot will you run earlier or later?
- Multiple Games: If you are running multiple times, is it the same game? If different games, provide all this information for EACH.
- Please bring Pre-Rolled “player” character sheets: Pre-rolled character sheets/descriptions for each player is strongly advised. Why waste time rolling up characters? Let’s game!
- Minimum Age of the Players: Especially if the game has mature content or extreme violence. Please indicate if it is not suitable for players under the age of 17.
- YOUR T-Shirt Size: You will want this shirt.
- I.D. & Contact Info:
Your real name
Telephone/Cell number (an alternative number optional)
NOTE: If you commit to running games at the POH you must be serious and MUST be available to run your games. Do not disappoint gamers from around the globe by being unprepared or absent. You also have to purchase your own admission ticket.
– or call – (734) 721-2903 – and ask for Wayne, Jeff, Julius or Alex.
For more info and to purchase tickets to the Palladium Open House, click here.
© Copyright 2015 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Powers Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars®, Dead Reign®, Chaos Earth®, and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Coalition States, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.