Palladium Books® Weekly Update – Dec. 6, 2013
By Kevin Siembieda
Thanksgiving and the week that has followed seems to have flown by in the blink of an eye. Christmas Surprise Package season is a big part of that. We easily spend half our day selecting and pulling product, signing books, then packing and shipping them out. We love doing Surprise Packages, so please keep them coming, but they are a lot of work. Of course, this week was extra busy thanks to the release of Dead Reign™ Sourcebook 4: Fear the Reaper™ and The Rifter® #64. Both books look gorgeous and are getting high praise from those who have seen them. If you had a pre-order or are a Rifter® subscriber, your copies are on their way to you.
Rifts® Northern Gun™ One continues to sell like crazy and remains the Number One ‘requested’ item for the Christmas Surprise Packages, but the Rifts® Ultimate Edition, Rifts® Lemuria, Rifts® Black Market, Rifts® Vampire Sourcebook, Robotech® and Dead Reign™ (zombie apocalypse) are all right behind it. We’ve seen a lot of interest and requests for various Palladium Fantasy®, Heroes Unlimited™ and Nightbane® titles too, which is great to see.
UPDATE: Rifts® Northern Gun™ One Hardcovers & Crowdfunders
My apologies to the TOP 16 Rifts® Northern Gun™ One Megaverse Insiders. We have been delayed in shipping your packages, because we had been waiting for Chuck Walton to come in and sign the prints and some of the original art. Chuck has been dealing with car problems and kept getting delayed, but he came this evening all smiles and signed every print plus a couple hundred books for Surprise Packages. What a guy. We will now be able to send the last of the crowdfunding packs to you on Monday or Tuesday. If your address has changed, contact us now! As if you were not champing at the bit already, I have to say that the sneak preview prints of NG-2 artwork look fantastic. I think you’ll be very pleased. And Chuck signed ALL the prints, not just the couple originally stated in the NG-1 Insider offer, so that’s an additional bonus.
UPDATE: Mark Dudley
Artist Mark Dudley also came to the office for an hour and a half to sign books for Surprise Packages. He’s been busy with his day job and his work on the iMAGiNOs PLUS Comic Book, you can read all about it and his current Kickstarter elsewhere in this Weekly Update. This is a Kickstarter worth supporting.
UPDATE: Northern Gun One PDF for Megaverse Cyber-Insiders
Barring any unexpected surprises (we’ve already encounted a couple), the PDF version should begin being sent out over this weekend. Enjoy.
UPDATE: Phone call from Kevin Siembieda to Top NG-1 Insiders
I owe the top 16 NG-1 Megaverse® Insiders a 20 minute telephone call. You are NOT forgotten. In fact, I may start making calls this weekend. Unlike the previous Lemuria crowdfunding when I often went long on the conversion, I’m afraid I’ll have to try to keep these calls in the 20 minute range, as I’m busy as all get out.
NEW! Northern Gun™ One signed & numbered print – available now
The first 50+ prints went to a select number of the Megaverse Insiders, but starting with Number 55, you too can get a signed and numbered Northern Gun™ One Print. It is the striking Charles Walton, wrap-around cover without any text or logo to obscure the artwork. Limited to a total of 180 copies. Signed by Charles Walton (artist), Matthew Clements (author) and Kevin Siembieda (author and publisher) in silver. 16x10 image on 17½ x 11½ inch paper. Suitable for framing. Mailed rolled in a sturdy tube. Note: A print of NG-2 will also be made available after that book is released.
UPDATE: Fear the Reaper™ – Available now
Fear the Reaper™ (and The Rifter® #64) arrived Tuesday and shipped out to those who had pre-orders that day and the next. Fear the Reaper™ is an excellent resource and a fun read that shines more light upon the dark world of Dead Reign™ and the heroes in it. And, yes, you can request it in the Christmas Surprise Package. The Road Reapers™ and heroes like them offer hope in the Zombie Apocalypse. If you haven’t tried the Dead Reign™ RPG, you really should. I don’t think you will be disappointed. The Christmas Surprise Package might be a good way to get a copy. If you enjoy zombie-based TV shows, movies, comic books and novels, I think you will adore the Dead Reign™ RPG series.
UPDATE: The Rifter® #64 – Available now
The Rifter® #64 (and Fear the Reaper) arrived at the Palladium warehouse on Tuesday and have been shipped out to those who had pre-orders. Man oh man, the warehouse was jumping, and we pulled in all hands to ship out both titles in a day and a half. Whew. Yes, you can request it in the Christmas Surprise Package. The Rifter® #64 is my favorite issue of the year, and they have all been darn good. It contains both official and unofficial game material, all of it is outstanding, and there is a wide selection of material: Rifts®, Dead Reign™, Nightbane®, Beyond the Supernatural™, Heroes Unlimited™ and Palladium Fantasy®, as well as other fun stuff. See the whole description for The Rifter® #64 elsewhere in this Update.
Palladium Collectibles available in Kevin’s Online Toy & Collectibles Store
Alex has added a number of Palladium collectibles to my online store, including out of print titles, redlined proofreader photocopies signed by me and the staff, signed manuscripts with editors’ corrections, some original art, hardcover books (including Rifts® Northern Gun™ One) and other items available just in time for Christmas. There are also hundreds of toys and action figures all from my personal collection. Alex will keep adding Palladium items over the next week. All items in the store are from my own personal archives and collection. Take a look, there may be some items that are perfect as holiday gifts.
Rifts® Northern Gun™ One Sneak Preview – available now on DriveThruRPG.com
Wayne has posted a FREE Sneak Preview of Rifts® Northern Gun™ One available on DriveThruRPG.com right now for your enjoyment. There are also previews available for the Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook, Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™ (Revised Edition), Rifts® Black Market, Rifts® Lemuria, Dead Reign™ RPG, Endless Dead™ sourcebook and others. The original Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms World Book is also available as a PDF on DriveThruRPG, for those of you who may be interested.
More than 90 other Palladium titles can be found on DriveThruRPG.com as PDFs, including Splicers®, Rifts® RPG (the edition before RUE), The Rifter® #1-52, and first edition rule books and sourcebooks for Palladium Fantasy RPG®, Heroes Unlimited™, The Mechanoid Invasion® Trilogy, Beyond the Supernatural™ and lots of other good titles. DriveThruRPG.com also offers the Rifts® and Palladium Fantasy® Game Master Kits ($5 each; both written by Carl Gleba and complete with maps, combat matrix, character sheets, spell list, and 20 pre-rolled characters created by Julius Rosenstein). Check it all out.
Will there be a Fear the Reaper™ or The Rifter® #64 preview? We’ll see.
2014 Gen Con® Indy – Palladium gaming events needed
We need Game Masters to run Palladium games – and we need you to send in your game submissions to Gen Con by January 15, 2014!! Yes, I’m talking Gen Con 2014. We want to make a HUGE Palladium push at Gen Con in 2014, and we sincerely need your help to make it happen. Game Masters, PLEASE submit your Palladium games for Gen Con 2014 by their January 15, 2014 deadline! If Game Masters act fast to submit their games in time for this FIRST deadline, they are guaranteed to be listed in the Gen Con program book.
Palladium is planning to make the 2014 Gen Con® Indy its biggest and best in decades. Our booth will be twice the size it was this year, and we’ll have the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ game and expansion packs, as well as many new RPG products.
If we can get enough gaming events in place by January 15, 2014, Palladium can get a dedicated gaming area for ALL of our events – or even a specified game room. That will mean a place where Palladium G.M.s and fans can game around the clock, 24/7. With this being the 30th Anniversary of Heroes Unlimited™ and a big release year for Robotech® RPG Tactics™, we want to shout to the world that Palladium Books is back with a vengeance. Please help. Thank you.
Order those Christmas Surprise Packages in time for Christmas!
Get those orders in NOW to get Surprise Packages in time for Christmas – without having to pay an arm and a leg for shipping! While Palladium can NOT promise Surprise Packages shipped via Media Mail (the least expensive method of shipping) will arrive by Christmas, the odds are still in your favor that it should. And if it doesn’t matter if you get it in time for Christmas, Media Mail is the least expensive way to go. UPS Ground (not too expensive and can be tracked), Parcel Post, Priority Mail and other methods are fast and viable. Best deal of the holidays – the Palladium Christmas Surprise Package.
What is the Christmas Surprise Package offer? It’s a way to get a boat load of Palladium RPG product on the cheap ($80-$95 worth for $40 plus shipping and handling), get autographs and Erick Wujcik Keepsakes, too. And if you’re into it, you can request a number of limited edition prints and even original artwork (limited as all art is donated by the artists). The perfect holiday gift for the gamer in your life. Or maybe for yourself. The Surprise Package is a great way to try new RPGs and plug holes in your collection. Have you tried Dead Reign™? Splicers®? Nightbane®? Rifts®? Robotech®? Here’s your chance.
Why does Palladium do it? Because we love and appreciate you. Really. We do it to brighten the holidays for YOU – the greatest fans in the world. It’s our way to say, you are appreciated and thank you for everything. See the full Surprise Package section in this Update or the full description in the Palladium Online store. It is so worthwhile. And fun. I always try to make everything fun and special, especially something like this which is a holiday gift (even if it’s for yourself). And don’t forget, you can get a bonus Erick Wujcik Keepsake item upon request. See below.
Some current Kickstarters you might find interesting
Mark Dudley’s iMAGiNOs PLUS Kickstarter Comic Book – 15 days left!
This project is the brainchild of Palladium’s very own Mark Dudley and friends. Mark’s artwork has graced the pages of dozens of Palladium RPG titles including Rifts® Ultimate Edition, Heroes Unlimited™, Rifts® New West™, Rifts® China 2, Shemarrian Sourcebook, Northern Gun™ One and many, many others. So you know Mark Dudley as an artist, but you don’t know Mark Dudley the comic book storyteller and innovator. And boy is he great at both. Check out this Kickstarter and get a glimpse. Support the iMAGiNOs Plus Kickstarter (I am), and you’ll be part of his first step into the beginning of something outstanding and potentially big. And all it will cost you is FIVE DOLLARS.
iMAGiNOs Plus is an anthology comic that presents several dynamic comic stories that Mark and company hope to expand into full-fledged comic book series. One of them, Candy Coated™, was inspired by Mark’s Heroes Unlimited™ campaign that has run for years. Part of the “plus” in iMAGiNOs Plus is one of Palladium Books’ own secret projects: The Adventures of Erin Tarn™ as a Girl. Yeah, a sort of ongoing origin story. The project has been shelved, but we still hope to bring this and other Palladium IP based comic book titles to life – and this is your first look at the initial 6-8 pages of one such project.
So is this Kickstarter worth backing? I think it is. In fact, I’ll be making a more generous pledge myself, but you don’t have to. If only 700 Palladium fans pledge just $5 the Kickstarter would be completely FUNDED, and you’ll get the iMAGiNOs Plus™ PDF version of the comic book, and a peak at the Erin Tarn comic book concept from Palladium Books! Personally, I’m going for a higher pledge, because I want the physical comic which could become a collector’s item in the future. I believe in Mark Dudley’s plans for iMAGiNOs Plus so I’m in. Spread the word.
Cross Hares: Testing Ground Kickstarter – New Board Game from 1A Games
An old pal of mine is one of the guys behind this fun-looking board game. Cross Hares: Testing Ground is already off to a great start, and I thought you might be interested, so take a look.
MUST SEE ONLINE FUN: Our House – an 8 minute movie you’ll want to see
As you know, Palladium Books has fans across all spectrums of the entertainment fields. One of those people is a long time Palladium fan, gamer, and friend, Andrew Cooke. Drew has been in the film business for a while now, but this is a personal project that he knocked out of the park, at least in my opinion. Our House is fun, worth watching and FREE. Just click on the link, turn out the lights, and watch the show. I loved this short film. Those 8 minutes fly by as if they were 3 minutes. I don’t want to say any more, because I don’t want to ruin anything. Take a look and enjoy. And let me know, is it just me, or could Drew Cooke write and direct a great Nightbane® or Beyond the Supernatural™ movie? By the way, Drew is one of the forces out in Hollywood pushing for Palladium IPs being turned into movies.
Fun Fact: Rawson Marshall Thurber
I should have mentioned this when the darn movie came out in the summer, but it is recently released on DVD. Rawson Marshall Thurber, who wrote one of the Rifts® movie screenplays for Jerry Bruckheimer Films, is the director of the popular comedy, We’re the Millers. He did a great job directing a very funny movie. I thought you might enjoy knowing that.
William Bailey – Friend, Brother, Father, Gamer
Kathy Simmons’ brother, and my friend, William “Bill” Bailey (age 65), died unexpectedly the day before Thanksgiving. We loved Bill and he will be missed. Bill was more than a pal. For me he was, in effect, my brother-in-law. He was also a Palladium freelancer who worked in the Palladium warehouse from time to time from 2004 to 2007. Some of you will have Bill’s autograph in books shipped in Surprise Packages during that time period. For those of you who might want to read more about Bill, see my Murmur from the Megaverse® entitled: Missing you, Bill Bailey.
It’s ironic, but Bill’s unexpected passing only punctuates what I said in the last Weekly Update and my write-up in The Rifter #64 – actually, I have shared this sentiment for years, especially around the holidays – be certain to tell the people who matter in your life that you love them.
Let them know how much you appreciate them. This is as good a time as any to show that with a gift, a card, a note, phone call, text, or email as well as with a kiss, hug or hearty handshake. It doesn’t matter how you show it or say it, just do it. Because tomorrow, out of the blue, they (or you) might be gone, and you don’t want to have to regret a word of love or friendship left unsaid. Besides, human beings like to be loved. We like to know others appreciate us and our efforts, let alone love and respect us. So contact Mom, Dad, Sis, Bro, Uncle, Auntie, your grandparents, best friend, old pals, and all of those who matter and let them know you are thinking about them and that they are loved.
Speaking of communication . . .
As promised, I’m back online posting Murmurs and on the Palladium Facebook Page. I’m trying to post two or more Murmurs a week. I’ve been too caught up in work and I haven’t been around like I should. I don’t know how it’s possible, but we all seem to be busier than ever and working harder than ever. Time flies by in the blink of an eye. I miss not being more available online to share my plans, thoughts, feelings, hopes, dreams and updates like I used to do all the time for many, many years. Well, I’m back. From now on, you can count on much more frequent Murmur postings and Facebook posts. I’ll also try to catch up with my Private Messages. (I’m behind a few months and something like 100 messages. Sorry.)
Online changes are coming for Palladium
Speaking of changes, Palladium is kicking around a number of changes and additions to the Palladium website. This includes some policy changes, new people helping out and more fresh material. Some of it will happen quickly and some of it you’ll see appear in the months to come. We’ve been meaning to implement these changes for quite some time, but work, life and other things seem to keep getting in the way. All the changes are intended to make the Palladium website and message boards an exciting, fun and positive home for gamers. I think you’ll like what we have in mind. Coming soon.
Hanukkah is already in full swing. Christmas, Kwanzaa and Winter Solstice are right around the corner. Regardless of the holiday you celebrate, all of us at Palladium Books wish you and your families the warmest holiday greetings. May your holidays be filled with laughter, love, joy and maybe a bit of gaming.
– Kevin Siembieda, Publisher & Surrogate Santa
NEW! Northern Gun™ One signed & numbered print – available now
The first 50+ prints went to a select number of the Megaverse Insiders, but starting with Number 55, you too can get a signed and numbered Northern Gun™ Print. It is the striking Charles Walton, wrap-around cover without any text or logo to obscure the artwork. Limited to a total of 180 copies.
- Limited to 180 signed and numbered prints; 54 of which are already gone to Megaverse Insider crowdfunders. 126 remain available while supplies last.
- The artwork is by fan fave Chuck Walton.
- Each is Signed by Charles Walton (artist), Matthew Clements (author) and Kevin Siembieda (author and publisher) in silver.
- Size: Printed on 17½ x 11½ inch glossy paper. 16x10 image area. Suitable for framing.
- Mailed rolled in a sturdy tube.
- $10 retail (available only from the Palladium Website) – Cat. No. PR810. Available now.
- Note: A print of NG-2 will also be made available after that book is released.
Rifts® World Book 33: Northern Gun™ One – Available Now!
This book rocks! Rifts® Northern Gun™ One is the most tech-filled World Book Palladium has ever produced and gamers are loving every page of new weapons, robots, power armor, vehicles and NG background.
- In-depth look at Northern Gun, its robots, stores, politics and operations.
- 70+ NG weapons; old and new.
- 27 NG giant combat and exploration robots. Described in detail.
- Many new robot weapon systems and features.
- Northern Gun freighter ships and hovertrains. Cargo tables too.
- Notable cities and people of the Ishpeming Republic/Northern Gun.
- NG O.C.C.s, police, specialists and NG Mercenary army.
- The NG Bounty Board, the largest collection of bounties and mercenary contracts anywhere on Rifts Earth.
- Key locations, people and dangers around Northern Gun.
- NG mercenary defenders, groups and pirates.
- Northern Gun’s relationship with the CS and other nations.
- Interior Artwork by Chuck Walton, Mark Dudley, Amy Ashbaugh, and others.
- Wraparound cover by Chuck Walton.
- Written by Matthew Clements, Kevin Siembieda and others.
- 224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 887 – Available NOW!
- Check out the new FREE Sneak Preview on DriveThruRPG.com!
NEW! Dead Reign™ Sourcebook 4: Fear the Reaper™ – Available now
Like knights mounted on motorcycles, the Road Reapers travel the wasteland that Earth has become, searching for survivors, fighting zombies and waging war against the Death Cults that threaten all mankind.
This epic sourcebook explores the nature of heroes and heroism in the Zombie Apocalypse. It contains the secrets of the fabled Road Reapers, their structure, leadership, missions and purpose, as well as gear and combat notes. Plus a horrifying new zombie known as the Terror Zombie, plus Floaters (zombies in water) and which zombies can swim. Survival is one thing. Can you keep your humanity and be a hero?
- Comprehensive background on the legendary Road Reapers™ – zombie hunters and heroes of the Zombie Apocalypse.
- The Road Reaper Way of Life: Living and fighting on the road.
- Road Reaper missions, strategies and tactics.
- The Road Reapers’ Code – a guide to being a Road Reaper and hero.
- Structure and organization of Road Reaper units.
- Road Reaper areas of specialty and bonus skills.
- Road Reaper Specializations like the Ex-Con, Road Captain, Scout and Fix-It Man.
- More zombie-killing advice from Brad Ashley, the notorious leader of the Road Reapers and author of the Road Reapers’ Survival Guide.
- Notable weapons and gear used by the Road Reapers.
- Stats for snowmobiles and boats.
- Combat notes and optional character tables.
- Terror Zombie, an amalgamation of horror fused to a Mock Zombie.
- Zombies in water and which ones can swim!
- Many adventure ideas and random tables.
- Written by Matthew Clements.
- 48 pages – $12.95 retail – Cat. No. 234. Available now!
NEW! The Rifter® #64 – Available now
The Rifter® #64 is our annual horror issue. This one presents chills and monsters for Beyond the Supernatural™, Dead Reign™, Nightbane® and even for the Palladium Fantasy RPG®. There is a ‘Giant’ adventure (as in an adventure about Giants) for Palladium Fantasy®, and The Black-Malice Legacy, Part Two, with more details about the Coalition States’ Psi-Division. Plus, stories, news, coming attractions, and more.
Every issue of The Rifter® is an idea factory that helps players and Game Masters to generate new ideas and keep their games fresh. It provides useful, ready to go, source material gamers can just drop into their ongoing games. A doorway to new possibilities and numerous Palladium role-playing worlds. It offers new characters, O.C.C.s, powers, magic, weapons, adventure and ideas for your games. It presents new villains, monsters and dangers to battle, and new ideas to consider. Every issue has material for Rifts® and at least two or three other Palladium game lines.
The Rifter® Number 64 includes:
- Rifts® – The Black-Malice Legacy, Part II – by Matt Olfson and Will Hunter. Source material about the Coalition States’ psionic operatives and technology, including squad formation and new psychic martial art classes for special operatives in CS Psi-Battalion.
- Rifts® Short Story – A Cold Night, Dead Past by Brett Caron.
- Dead Reign™ source material by Jeff Duncan. New Survivor Occupations and related skills set in the Zombie Apocalypse.
- Nightbane® source material by Bryant Telfer. A new class of mystical wanderer and Nightbane.
- Palladium Fantasy® Adventure by Michael Osborne. Play Giant characters or pint-sized humans who invade the lairs of Trolls and evil beings in control of dark magic.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® – New creatures: Ice Bearmen and the Winterserpent by Matthew Clements, Chuck Walton and Kevin Siembieda. “Official” Fantasy source material.
- Rifts® NG/Minion War™ story (and hint of things to come) by Matthew Clements.
- Heroes Unlimited™ Short Story by Glen Evans.
- News, coming attractions, product descriptions and more.
- 96 pages – $11.95 retail – Cat. No. 164. Available now!
Christmas Surprise Packages – Available NOW!
The best bargain of the holidays
● $85-$95 worth of product for only about $48 or so in every Palladium Christmas Surprise Package! These days, that’s the price of a core rule book or two supplements. And sometimes the crazy Publisher includes even more value than that!
● Autographs in every book in your Surprise Package, upon request if you want them. For many gamers, this is the only way for them to get signed books.
● Get original artwork. The inclusion of art is considered only for those who request it, and depending on the size, subject and quality of the art, you may only get the art and one or two other items. (The typical piece of original art is 8½ x 11 and has a value of $30-$60.)
● Get other goodies like limited edition prints, posters, back issues of The Rifter®, game settings you’ve been meaning to try, T-shirts, coffee mugs, bookmarks, magnets, Chi-Town Library pencils, Palladium greeting cards, and other Palladium goodies.
● A great gift for ALL gift-giving occasions – Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, birthdays, anniversaries, and so on.
● It’s a surprise, like a real present, because you never know exactly what you are going to get and it is packed with love!
● FREE Erick Wujcik Keepsake for Christmas Surprise Packages. A paperback novel or a magazine read and owned by Erick. This is a bonus item. Include it in your Wish List or in the Comments section by saying, “Please include an Erick Wujcik Keepsake,” and we’ll do so; while supplies last.
Placing your Surprise Package order involves you sending Santa Kevin a “Wish List” of 12-14 different in-stock products and a flat payment (plus shipping and handling). I then hand-pick items from that Wish List and I may include product you didn’t ask for (hence the nickname, “X-Mas Grab Bag”), but all things I think you’ll enjoy, and we ship it all off to you. Gamers have been loving this special offer for 15 or 16 years now. Order one or several for yourself and for your gaming buddies. For the holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, or just to get cool stuff and signatures. Get all the information from the description in the online store.
Christmas Surprise Packages or Grab Bags are a long-running holiday tradition in which you can get several RPG titles at a substantial discount. It is our way to say thank you to our many fans for being so kind and patient, and for your years of support. You are appreciated more than you may know.
A great way to try that game setting you’ve wondered about (Splicers®, Dead Reign™, Chaos Earth®, Palladium Fantasy®, Nightbane®, etc.), or to get something for your favorite Game Master, or perhaps to get your player group to consider a new game or setting.
Click here to get the entire Surprise Package description.
Check your Wish List twice. Make sure you give us 12-14 items on your Wish List that are in print (and NOT all Gold Editions, which are very limited), or you might get items you already have or don’t want. It is a Grab Bag, after all, and if we don’t know what you’d like to get, we just grab items randomly.
Remember to allow for shipping. Christmas may be 29 days away, but your method of shipping will affect whether you get it in time for that specific holiday. Here is our initial breakdown. Data may change as new info comes in from the various shipping services.
“Updated” Shipping guidelines to arrive in time for Christmas:
- UPS Ground in the USA – Place order by December 16.
- UPS 3-Day Select in USA – Place your order by December 18.
- UPS 2nd Day Air in USA – Place your order by December 19.
- UPS Next Day Air in USA – Place your order by December 20.
- Media Mail – Palladium can NOT promise Surprise Packages shipped via Media Mail will arrive by Christmas, but the odds are still in your favor that it should. And if you don’t need the Grab Bag in time for Christmas, Media Mail is the least expensive way to go. Note: Though the US Post Office claims Media Mail packages should arrive in 4-10 days, experience has shown us that during the holidays, it is more like 10-21 days.
- Parcel Post in USA – Place your order by December 13.
- Priority Mail in USA – Place your order by December 18.
- Express Mail in USA – Place your order by December 20.
To our friends in Canada and overseas – you need to place your order by December 8 (December 1 for Africa and Central & South America) to guarantee delivery (barring delays at customs). Happy Holidays, one and all!
FREE Bonus Erick Wujcik Keepsake for Christmas Surprise Packages
You can get one or two as a FREE gift in the Christmas Surprise Package simply by asking for a Wujcik Keepsake. This FREE additional item does NOT count toward the overall value of your Surprise Package. It is a BONUS for those of you who might want them. Only available upon request. Include it in your Wish List or in the Comments section by saying, “Please include an Erick Wujcik Keepsake,” and we’ll do so while supplies last. And we have a nice supply.
An Erick Wujcik Keepsake is a paperback novel or a magazine read and owned by Erick. This is from his personal and private collection. EACH will either be inscribed by me (Kevin Siembieda) or stamped with the words From the collection of Erick Wujcik, and signed and dated by me. There is nothing extraordinary about these items. They are just a book or magazine with sentimental value because it belonged to our beloved Erick Wujcik. Enjoy. Erick Wujcik was the game designing genius behind such RPG titles as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles® RPG, Ninjas and Superspies™, Mystic China™, After the Bomb®, Rifts® China One and Two, Rifts®, Dragons and Gods™, the original Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, as well as his own Amber Diceless RPG, Ambercon and other achievements.
Surprise Package comments from fans like you
Every year there is a section where the customer can offer comments and suggestions with his or her Surprise Package order. Every year, in acknowledgment of our fans, and because they are fun to read, we offer a sampling in the Weekly Updates. Our heartfelt thanks to all of you who have stuck with Palladium through thick and thin. Keep those imaginations burning bright, have a joyous holiday season and game on.
You have no idea how much your comments and support mean to all of us. Everyone at Palladium enjoys reading your brief comments. They always brighten our day. Thank you. I’ve started putting my own brief responses, as we’ve gotten positive feedback about it. Enjoy.
R.H. in Maylene, Alabama, writes (in part): Are there really people who don’t want autographs? I really enjoy those and they are one of the major selling points of the Christmas Package for me. I’m always excited to get this and I look forward to it every year. The anticipation is great when you don’t know what you’re getting.
[I agree completely with the anticipation-fun factor, R.H. Which is why I always tell people to give us a big, juicy list of 10 or more items. And if you’re ordering several Grab Bags that should be 8-12 items for EACH Surprise Package. I’m very glad you enjoy the element of surprise. To me it’s what make it a ‘Surprise.’ I think some people figure they’re going to beat up the books up so why get autographs. Which is cool. We can certainly process them fast. Happy holidays to you and your family. – Kevin Siembieda]
J.L. in Madison, Wisconsin, writes (in part): I think you guys have done an outstanding job on Northern Gun One. The best book I’ve seen from you guys in a long time. It raised the bar 10 levels. The quality of the art and the writing is top notch. It will all be extremely useful and fun to use. Thanks for making us [Megaverse Insiders who participated in the crowdfunding] a part of it by adding us as NPCs. Cannot wait to see what you have to offer in Northern Gun Two. You guys are the best. Peace.
[Glad you are enjoying NG-1 so much. I agree, this book is stellar. And the art, wow. I figured the crowdfunders waited so long for NG-1 to come out, I’d try to make it more special and worth the wait by using their names in the book at NPCs. I’m happy everyone seems to be thrilled by that. My pleasure. As for NG-2, it is every bit as good as NG-1. Heck, I want that for all the books in the pipeline. We are pushing the envelope on every book. Game on! – K.S.]
J.M. in Akron, Ohio, writes: Keep up the great work. I’m glad to be a fan of this company and its products. Also sorry to hear about your loss.
[Thank you J.M., losing someone you love is always difficult, and losing two in a short time is even worse, but we’re hanging in there and doing okay. – KS]
J.T. in Garrison, North Dakota, writes: It’s things like this promotion [the Surprise Package], the Palladium Open House, and the way you (Kevin, et al.) treat your fans at conventions that keep us some of the most loyal (and patient) RPG fans in the biz.
[Thank you, J.T. I think it’s a matter of mutual respect and appreciation. Sorry that our fans have to be so patient and understanding. I’ll try to work on that in 2014. ;) – KS]
D.F. in Jackson, Mississippi, writes: Love your games, keep it up!!!!
[Glad to hear it, and we will. Thanks. – KS]
M.B. in Hobbs, New Mexico, writes (in part): I just want to say thank you for creating the Megaversal Ambassador program. It is from becoming an MA that I have gotten the chance to live a childhood dream, to manage a gaming store.
[Cool! I love it when people can make their dream a reality. And thanks for being an MA, we all appreciate everything our MAs do to promote Palladium’s RPGs and the hobby. Happy holidays and game on. – KS]
E.O. in Houston, Texas, writes (in part): I look forward to this every year! I think this is my 10th Grab Bag. Please, please bring back the Naruni T-Shirts. I know my whole group would want them.
[I’m thinking about bringing back a number of the T-shirts, including Naruni and Wilk’s. – KS]
J.H. in Cadillac, Michigan, writes: I love everything, but if you could do more Splicers® and Beyond the Supernatural™ [books] that would be cool.
[We have plans to release long awaited sourcebooks for both RPGs in 2014, J.H., so they are coming. – KS]
J.F. in Versailles, Kentucky, writes: This [Palladium Fantasy®] is one of my favorite RPGs. I hope you guys keep on making great games.
[Thanks, J.F., that’s the plan. In fact, I hope to start releasing new Palladium Fantasy sourcebooks on a regular basis starting in 2014. – KS]
S.M in Houston, Texas, writes: Big fan. Keep up the good work. Please if at all possible, release the Defilers stats.
[More high praise, thanks S.M. I’m toying with some ideas about the Defilers. I’ve had several people tell me lately that the Defiler stories and characters need to be told. We’ll see. – KS]
Rifts® World Book 34: Northern Gun™ Two
In production! Expanded to 192-224 pages and filled with all kinds of adventuring gear: New environmental body armor, power armor, hovercycles, robot drones, robot haulers, combat vehicles, other vehicles, robot gladiators and much more. More information about the weapons, vehicles and practices of Northern Gun, including the new rage of robot gladiatorial combat. Expanded page count. Epic adventure.
- NG robot haulers and drones.
- NG power armor suits; an expansive range.
- NG M.D.C. body armor, and combat gear.
- NG bionics, cybernetic services and other equipment.
- NG hovercycles, land vehicles and combat vehicles.
- NG jet packs and aircraft.
- NG boats, ships and submarines.
- NG Robot Gladiatorial Arena.
- Robot Gladiator O.C.C. and robot gladiators.
- Pirates and more.
- Written by Matthew Clements and Kevin Siembieda.
- Interior Artwork by Chuck Walton, Nick Bradshaw, and others.
- Wraparound cover by John Zeleznik.
- 192-224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 888. January or February, 2014.
Rifts® World Book 35: Megaverse® in Flames™
The Minion War spills across Rifts Earth, where demons and infernals hope to recruit allies and use the Rifts as gateways of destruction. Their influence shakes things up across the planet, especially at locations where demons and Deevils already have a strong presence. Demons, Deevils and supernatural beings run rampant and wreak havoc across the world.
- Demon plagues and mystic blights.
- Soulmancy and Blood Magic revealed.
- Magical and demonic weapons and war machines.
- Demonic armies, strongholds and places of evil.
- Hell Pits and Rune Forges.
- Many Demon Lords, their minions and plans.
- Calgary, the Kingdom of Monsters; in detail.
- Ciudad de Diablo, Harpies’ Island and other notable Hell holes on Earth.
- Lord Doom, Pain and other demonic leaders.
- Horune treachery, Dimension Stormers and other villains.
- Notable demonic generals, mercenaries, people and places.
- Battleground: Earth – as demons and infernals amass their legions.
- Global chaos and the places most dramatically affected by the Demon Plagues.
- Epic battles and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Carl Gleba. Part of the Minion War “Crossover” series.
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 876. February or March, 2014.
Robotech®: Expeditionary Force Marines Sourcebook One
Spotlight on the valiant Marine Corps of the United Earth Expeditionary Force (UEEF). New character classes, mecha and gear for new realms of adventure.
- UEEF Marine Corps O.C.C. and M.O.S. skills.
- Many new mecha.
- New Marine ground vehicles.
- New Marine weapons and gear.
- History, training, & organization of the UEEF Marines.
- Aliens and space adventure.
- Written by Irvin Jackson.
- 160 pages – Cat. No. 553 – $20.95 – Shooting for a quick release, but early 2014 seems realistic.
- Available in the U.S., Canada and the European Union only.
UPDATE: Robotech® RPG Tactics™
The only product people are more excited about than the two Rifts® Northern Gun releases is Robotech® RPG Tactics™. Momentum is building to a fever pitch. Fans will not be disappointed. Demos at the Alliance Trade Show got nothing but big, toothy smiles and positive reviews. Here are some details.
● Flexible Date of Release: An exact release date is yet to be determined, but it is looking like sometime in February, 2014. Ninja Division’s original projections had product delivery at October or November, but we were all a bit too optimistic. In order to make this game line everything it can be, there have been delays. As a result, the game has yet to be sent into manufacturing. That said, 98% of the work is completed, the game pieces look incredible, and Ninja Division is wrapping up on final packaging, layout and tweaks. We expect to get final approval from licensor Harmony Gold in two or three weeks. At which point, Robotech® RPG Tactics™ goes into manufacturing. Factoring in manufacturing time, shipping from China and other factors, it is looking more and like a February 2014 release. We’ll see. Note: As stated in the past, we will ship product to the Kickstarter supporters before we ship to distributors.
● Plastic game pieces. All of the 1/285th game pieces in the box set and expansion packs are plastic. (Special editions and limited releases for conventions and the Kickstarter may be in resin and/or metal.)
● Expansions released in waves. Palladium plans to release Robotech® RPG Tactics™ products in waves. The core box game and first six expansion packs will be the initial release. 4-6 additional expansion packs of mecha game pieces will ship approximately every three months thereafter.
● Robotech® RPG products – available now. Don’t forget that Robotech® RPG products are available now. They include the Robotech® Shadow Chronicles® core rule book available as a $30.95 hardcover (Cat. No. 550HC) and as a $16.95 manga-sized RPG paperback (Cat. No. 550), and the Macross® Saga Sourcebook (Cat. No. 551) which is the same setting as the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ game. Each book is a wealth of background information about Robotech® and fun to read and play. With excitement growing for Robotech® RPG Tactics™, there is renewed interest in the Robotech® role-playing game line.
● New Robotech® RPG products coming in 2014. Palladium has three new Robotech® sourcebooks in development. UEEF Marines Sourcebook One, UEEF Marines Sourcebook Two and The Zentraedi Protectorate Sourcebook are all slated for release before Summer 2014. Additional Robotech® sourcebooks are on the drawing board.
● Palladium is working with Harmony Gold to expand the scope of its license to provide you with an even greater range of Robotech® products.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ – Game Description
This is the game Robotech® fans have wanted for decades.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ is a fast-paced, tabletop combat game that captures the action and adventure of the Robotech® anime. Two or more players can engage in small squad skirmishes or scale up to massive battles. Relive the clashes of the First Robotech War, engage in stand-alone tactical games, or use the dynamic game pieces to enhance your Robotech® RPG experience. Or simply collect your favorite mecha from an expanding range of top-notch game pieces.
Mecha vs Mecha. Take command of the fighting forces of the United Earth Defense Force (UEDF) valiantly defending Earth from alien annihilation. Or lead the massive clone armies of the Zentraedi Armada to recover an alien artifact of immense power and enslave humankind.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Box Set
- Brought to you by Palladium Books®, created with Ninja Division (the creative minds behind Soda Pop Miniatures and Cipher Studios).
- Rules by Alessio Cavatore, David Freeman and Carmen Bellaire.
- Full color, softcover rule book; wraparound cover and lots of new, color artwork.
- 24 Battle Dice, 12 UEDF and 12 Zentraedi.
- 40 color game cards (unit cards, etc.).
- 4x VF-1A Valkyries (in Fighter, Guardian, and Battloid modes).
- 1x VF-1J "Officer" in all three modes.
- 4x Destroids: 2 Tomahawks and 2 Defenders.
- 12x Regult Zentraedi Battlepods.
- 1x Glaug Officer's Battlepod.
- 1x Quel-Regult Recon Battlepod.
- 1x Quel-Gulnau Recovery Pod.
- 1/285th scale, high quality, multi-pose plastic game pieces (40mm to 70mm tall). World-class sculpts from sculptors around the world.
- Game rules use D6.
- Turn-based system of play.
- Scalable from small squad skirmishes to mass battles. Can accommodate two to several players.
- Combat is fast and designed to emulate the anime action.
- Measuring tape required to determine targets and distance.
- Small parts and some assembly required. Game pieces come unpainted.
- Release Date: Barring any further delays, the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ box game and initial expansion sets ship February 2014 (tentative).
- $90 retail price (tentative). The price of the final box set is not yet determined, but we want to hold it around $90.
- Cat. No. 55100 (Main Boxed Game).
The First Six Robotech® Expansion Packs
The initial expansion packs will also ship at the same time as the main box game. All prices listed are likely, but still tentative. We want most packs to fall in the $25-$35 price range.
- UEDF Valkyrie Wing (2x each, Fighter, Guardian, Battloid) – Cat. No. 55201 – $30.00 retail (tentative).
- UEDF Destroid Pack (2x Tomahawks, 2x Defenders) – Cat. No. 55202 – $30.00 (tentative).
- UEDF Spartan Pack (2x Spartans, 2x Phalanxes), Cat. No. 55203 – $30.00 (tentative).
- Zentraedi Regult Battlepod Squadron (6x Regults) – Cat. No. 55401 – $30.00 (tentative).
- Zentraedi Support Battlepods (4x Artillery Battlepods) – Cat. No. 55402 – $30.00 (tentative).
- Zentraedi Command Pack (1x Glaug, 1x Quel-Regult, 1x Quel-Gulnau) – Cat. No. 55403 – $35.00 (tentative).
- Additional expansion packs to be released in waves every few months, 4-8 at a time, throughout 2014. More will follow.
- Palladium plans to release the mecha and settings for ALL eras of Robotech®. Many other details are still in development.
- Tournament play support is planned. Ninja Division will help Palladium to develop and launch the program.
Robotech® Macross® Saga Sourcebook – New Size
Available now – 8½ x 11 size
All the famous mecha and action of Robotech® starts here with the Macross® Saga when an alien armada enters Earth orbit. They have come to reclaim a lost spacecraft that crash-landed on Earth 10 years earlier. A space fortress that Earth’s protectors have rebuilt into their own flagship against alien invasion. The resulting conflict gives birth to heroes and becomes the stuff of legend, but the Earth will never be the same. Robotech® The Macross® Saga Sourcebook is now available as an 8½ x 11 inch sourcebook.
Note: This is the setting for Robotech® RPG Tactics™, so if you’re looking for more information about the mecha, Earth’s defenders, the Zentraedi invaders, and the Macross Saga setting, this is the book for you. Epic adventure awaits.
A Robotech® Role-Playing Game Sourcebook:
- Transformable Veritech Fighters known as Valkyries take to the sky to defend the Earth.
- Destroids, giant walking tanks, are among Earth’s front-line defenders.
- The SDF-1 and Earth air, ground and space combat vehicles.
- Zentraedi mecha, powered armor suits, and select spacecraft.
- The Zentraedi warriors, their war machines and culture.
- Notable characters from the TV series statted out.
- Quick Character Creation Tables enable you to make Macross characters in 15 minutes or less.
- New skills and M.O.S. skill bundles.
- The Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® RPG “rule book” is needed to play (Cat. No. 550 or 550HC).
- 128 pages – $16.95 – Cat. No. 551 – standard 8½ x 11 size – Available now.
BACK IN PRINT
Rifts® Ultimate Edition
Imagine a world setting that is Earth 300 years after an apocalypse that results in the return of magic. Now imagine a world where magic and super-science collide. Where cyborgs and men clad in power armor and giant robots clash with demons, dragons and sorcerers.
Now imagine lines of blue, magic energy rippling across the land. Where two or more of those lines cross, there is a tear in the fabric of space and time. A Rift to infinite worlds and realities that have unleashed an endless cavalcade of aliens, mutants and monsters into our world. Some are adventurers like you, others are invaders, some are slaves or prisoners, and still others are demonic nightmares and gods from ancient myths. All now make Earth their home or hunting ground. Welcome to Rifts®.
Rifts® combines the genres of science fiction, fantasy, horror and post-apocalypse (among others) in a plausible setting where adventure is limited only by your imagination and the possibilities are truly infinite.
- 33 O.C.C.s – Bursters, Crazies, Cyber-Knights, Dog Boys, Glitter Boys, Juicers, Ley Line Walkers, Mind Melters, Psi-Stalkers, dragons, mutants & more.
- The Coalition States – heroes or villains?
- Coalition O.C.C.s, gear and States described.
- Psionic powers and characters.
- Magic spells and Techno-Wizardry.
- Techno-Wizard device construction rules.
- World information and background to set the stage for adventure.
- All the info you need to play is contained in this core rule book.
- Color end sheets painted by John Zeleznik. Cover by Scott Johnson.
- 24 pages of color, 75+ color images; great art throughout.
- Created and written by Kevin Siembieda.
- 90+ sourcebooks to expand your Rifts® adventures.
- 376 pages – Cat. No. 800HC – $39.95 – Hardcover.
BACK IN PRINT: Chi-Town Pencil
Do Not Remove — Property of the Chi-Town Library
They’re fun and silly, and Rifts® gamers love them, so we pressed a new batch of Chi-Town Library pencils. They look great on the gaming table.
- Printed on each are the words: Do Not Remove — Property of the Chi-Town Library.
- 50 cents each – Cat. No. 2561 – No. 2 pencil. Available now.
BACK IN PRINT: Villains Unlimited™
More than 80 villains with complete stats, background and motives for trouble. And lots of other epic source material.
- 80+ villains.
- Rules for designing your own super-organization.
- S.C.R.E.T. – Superbeing Control Retrieval and Elimnation Team.
- The Jury – are they heroes or villains?
- Fabricators Inc. – the weapons and armor suppliers to the criminal underworld.
- Magic Tattoos and more.
- All of the above serve as catalysts for adventure.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Kevin Long.
- 224 pages – $24.95 – Cat. No. 501 – Available now.
PDF downloads from DriveThruRPG.com
This is a great resource for getting out of print Palladium titles and other select books. We’ve made 90 titles available as PDF digital downloads from DriveThruRPG.com. This is a great way to try Palladium products and get access to out of print RPG source material. Some notable titles include:
- The Rifter® #49-52 recently added – available now.
- Splicers® RPG.
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, First Edition Rules.
- Boxed Nightmares™ for BTS, First Edition Rules.
- Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™.
- The Mechanoids® RPG and The Mechanoid Invasion® RPG Trilogy.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, First Edition Rules and select 1st Edition sourcebooks.
- After the Bomb® RPG and sourcebooks.
- The Rifter® issues 1-52.
- The Best of The Rifter®.
- Deluxe Revised RECON® RPG and Advanced RECON® Sourcebook.
- And more – go to DriveThruRPG.com and check ‘em out.
© Copyright 2013 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Chaos Earth, Coalition States, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.