Palladium Books® Weekly Update – Nov. 15, 2013
By Kevin Siembieda
This was another week that was so crazy busy it flew by in the blink of an eye. Yikes. Everything is moving forward and in the progress of getting done, but it’s all a juggling act, and all of us are working like lunatics at warp speed. Here are all the details.
UPDATE: Fear the Reaper™ – At the Printer – November Release
Dead Reign™ Sourcebook 4: Fear the Reaper™ is done and at the printer. It should ship sometime just before or just after Thanksgiving! I hope to have an exact release date by next week.
Fear the Reaper™ is an excellent resource and a very fun read. If it doesn’t make you want to jump up and role-play a Dead Reign™ adventure, nothing will. If you haven’t tried the Dead Reign™ RPG, you really should. (Btw, the Christmas Surprise Package might be a good way to try it out. I don’t think you will be disappointed.)
The game setting for the Dead Reign™ RPG is the Zombie Apocalypse and is all about survival, not just gunning down the walking dead. This game is a ton of fun and one of my personal favorites to run. Action, horror, adventure, and camaraderie amongst the players are always phenomenal, at least in my experience. I run it at conventions and gaming events all the time along with Palladium Fantasy® (my number one favorite RPG of all time). And if you love zombie-based TV shows, movies, comic books and novels, you will adore it.
UPDATE: Rifts® Northern Gun™ One Hardcovers arrive
The Hardcover Editions of Rifts® Northern Gun™ have arrived at the warehouse and are being prepped for shipping to Megaverse Insiders by the end of next week. After that, a dozen or two of the Color Hardcover Edition and a few of the Steel Foil Edition will be made available to the lucky Surprise Package recipients who convince Santa Kevin they were good little boys and girls and truly deserve one. A few of each will also be made available for sale on my (Kevin Siembieda) Ebay store by the end of next week.
The Rifts® Northern Gun PDF for Megaverse Insiders has been prepared and will probably start getting emailed by the end of next week or the following week. We want it to arrive around the same time other crowdfunders are getting the hardcover books.
Meanwhile, the Rifts® Northern Gun™ One softcover edition continues to sell like crazy and get positive feedback.
Rifts® Northern Gun™ One Sneak Preview – available now on DriveThruRPG.com
Wayne has posted a FREE Sneak Preview of Rifts® Northern Gun™ One available on DriveThruRPG.com right now for your enjoyment. There are also previews available for the Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook, Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™ (Revised Edition), Rifts® Black Market, Rifts® Lemuria, Dead Reign™ RPG, Endless Dead™ sourcebook and others. The original Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms World Book is also available as a PDF on DriveThruRPG, for those of you who may be interested.
More than 90 other Palladium titles can be found on DriveThruRPG.com as PDFs, including Splicers®, Rifts® RPG (the edition before RUE), The Rifter® #1-52, and first edition rule books and sourcebooks for Palladium Fantasy RPG®, Heroes Unlimited™, The Mechanoid Invasion® Trilogy, Beyond the Supernatural™ and lots of other good titles. DriveThruRPG.com also offers the Rifts® and Palladium Fantasy® Game Master Kits ($5 each; both written by Carl Gleba and complete with maps, combat matrix, character sheets, spell list, and 20 pre-rolled characters created by Julius Rosenstein). Check it all out.
UPDATE: The Rifter® #64 – November Release
The Rifter® #64 goes to the printer on Monday! The book is in final production over the weekend. Yes, we’ll be working through yet another weekend to get it finished and to the printer by Monday. I already can’t keep track of the days, but we gotta get these books done! I’m just happy product is finally shipping.
The Rifter® #64 is another fine issue with official and unofficial game material, and a nice selection of source material. There is stuff for Rifts®, Dead Reign™, Nightbane®, Beyond the Supernatural™ and Palladium Fantasy®, as well as other good stuff. Including official stats and background for the characters on the cover: A new type of dragon known as the Winter Serpent plus the more savage cousins of the Bearmen of the North: Ice Bearmen. Both conceived by Chuck Walton, developed by me (Kevin Siembieda) and written by Matthew Clements. See the whole description elsewhere in this Update.
The plague seems to be over . . .
Those who were feeling sick are all well and back on their feet. I’m feeling a little run down and I think Kathy and I are both fighting off a cold, but otherwise we’re all rockin’ and rolling. :)
Surprise Packages are shipping by the cart load
Keep the orders coming in! Surprise Packages – suitable for any holiday, not just Christmas – are coming in and shipping out at a steady pace. I've been having fun putting together Surprise Packages that will wow our awesome customers.
If you don’t know about the Christmas Surprise Package offer, take a look. It is a great opportunity to get autographs, great deals and the perfect gift for the gamer in your life. Or maybe for yourself. The Surprise Package is a great way to try new RPGs and plug holes in your collection. Have you tried Dead Reign™? Splicers®? Nightbane®? Rifts®? Robotech®? Here’s your chance to get the core rules and a couple of sourcebooks, signed and on the cheap.
We do it to brighten the holidays for YOU – the greatest fans in the world. Check out the mini-description for the Surprise Package in this Update or the full description in the Palladium Online store. It is so worthwhile. And fun. I always try to make everything fun and special, especially something like this which is a holiday gift (even if it’s for yourself).
Check your Wish List twice. Make sure you give us 10-12 items on your Wish List that are in print (and NOT all Gold Editions, which are very limited), or you might get items you already have or don’t want. It is a Grab Bag, after all, and if we don’t know what you’d like to get, we just grab items randomly.
Remember to allow for shipping. Christmas may be 40 days away, but your method of shipping will affect whether you get it in time for that specific holiday. Here is our initial breakdown. Data may change as new info comes in from the various shipping services.
Shipping guidelines to arrive in time for Christmas:
- UPS Ground in the USA – Place order by December 15!
- UPS 3-Day Select in USA – Place your order by December 18.
- UPS 2nd Day Air in USA – Place your order by December 19.
- UPS Next Day Air in USA – Place your order by December 20.
- Media Mail – Order must be placed by December 1, 2013 to guarantee delivery in time for Christmas.
- Parcel Post in USA – Place your order by December 11.
- Priority Mail in USA – Place your order by December 18.
- Express Mail in USA – Place your order by December 20.
To our friends in Canada and overseas – you need to place your order by December 8 (December 1 for Africa and Central & South America) to guarantee delivery (barring delays at customs). Happy Holidays, one and all!
WARNING: Media Mail. Yes, Media Mail is the least expensive way to ship, but during the holiday season we found Media Mail to take anywhere from 5-30 days to arrive. We CANNOT guarantee any package sent via Media Mail after December 1 to arrive before Christmas.
We strongly recommend you place your orders early and use Media Mail (the least expensive method of shipping) during the month of November, and UPS Ground (the most reliable method of shipping and tracking) any time up to December 15. Happy Holidays!
FREE Erick Wujcik Keepsake for Christmas Surprise Packages
This item does NOT count toward the overall value of your Surprise Package, it is a BONUS for those of you who might want it. Only available upon request. Include it in your Wish List or in the Comments section by saying, “I’d enjoy having an Erick Wujcik Keepsake,” and we’ll include one while supplies last.
An Erick Wujcik Keepsake is a paperback novel or a magazine read and owned by Erick. This is from his personal and private collection. EACH will either be stamped with the words “From the collection of Erick Wujcik” or come with a super-simple statement of origin, we haven’t decided which yet. They are nothing extraordinary, just a book or magazine with sentimental value because it belonged to Erick Wujcik. Enjoy.
Erick Wujcik was the game designing genius behind such RPG titles as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles® RPG, Ninjas and Superspies™, Mystic China™, After the Bomb®, Rifts® China One and Two, Rifts®, Dragons and Gods™ plus contributions to Palladium Fantasy RPG®, Monsters & Animals and the original Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, as well as his own Amber Diceless RPG, Ambercon and other achievements. With the passing of his beloved Kate, we've all been thinking and talking about her and Erick. I know many of you knew and loved Erick personally and many more via his body of RPG works. I thought it might be nice to share some of Erick’s belongings with gamers who might enjoy them.
In closing . . .
That’s it for now. We have some new volunteers coming onboard at Palladium, as well as changes and plans for the Palladium Website and more activity on Facebook. I’ll tell you more about it next week. Game on!
– Kevin Siembieda, Publisher, Writer and Game Designer
Christmas Surprise Packages – Available NOW!
The best bargain of the holidays
- $85-$95 worth of product for only about $48 or so in every Palladium Christmas Surprise Package! These days, that’s the price of a core rule book or two supplements. And sometimes the crazy Publisher includes more even value than that!
- Autographs in every book in your Surprise Package, upon request if you want them. For many gamers, this is the only way for them to get signed books.
- Get original artwork. The inclusion of art is considered only for those who request it, and depending on the size, subject and quality of the art, you may only get the art and one or two other items. (The typical piece of original art is 8 ½ x 11 and has a value of $30-$60.)
- Get other goodies like limited edition prints, posters, back issues of The Rifter®, game settings you’ve been meaning to try, T-shirts, coffee mugs, bookmarks, magnets, Chi-Town Library pencils, Palladium greeting cards, and other Palladium goodies.
- A great gift for ALL gift-giving occasions – Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, birthdays, anniversaries, and so on.
- It’s a surprise, like a real present, because you never know exactly what you are going to get and it is packed with love!
- FREE Erick Wujcik Keepsake for Christmas Surprise Packages. A paperback novel or a magazine read and owned by Erick. This is a bonus item. Include it in your Wish List or in the Comments section by saying, “I’d enjoy having an Erick Wujcik Keepsake,” and we’ll include one while supplies last.
Placing your Surprise Package order involves you sending Santa Kevin a “Wish List” of 10-12 different in-stock products and a flat payment (plus shipping and handling). I then hand-pick items from that Wish List and I may include product you didn’t ask for (hence the nickname, “X-Mas Grab Bag”), but all things I think you’ll enjoy, and we ship it all off to you. Gamers have been loving this special offer for 15 or 16 years now. Order one or several for yourself and for your gaming buddies. For the holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, or just to get cool stuff and signatures. Get all the information from the description in the online store.
Christmas Surprise Packages or Grab Bags are a long-running holiday tradition in which you can get several RPG titles at a substantial discount. It is our way to say thank you to our many fans for being so kind and patient, and for your years of support. You are appreciated more than you may know.
A great way to try that game setting you’ve wondered about (Splicers®, Dead Reign™, Chaos Earth®, Palladium Fantasy®, Nightbane®, etc.), or to get something for your favorite Game Master, or perhaps to get your player group to consider a new game or setting.
Click here to get the entire Surprise Package description.
Happy Holidays from the Palladium crew. May they be filled with laughter, joy and gaming.
Surprise Package comments from fans like you
Every year there is a section where the customer can offer comments and suggestions with his or her Surprise Package order. Every year, in acknowledgment of our fans, and because they are fun to read, we offer a sampling in the Weekly Updates. Our heartfelt thanks to all of you who have stuck with Palladium through thick and thin. Keep those imaginations burning bright, have a joyous holiday season and game on.
You have no idea how much your comments and support mean to all of us. Everyone at Palladium enjoy reading your brief comments. They always brighten our day. Thank you.
I.T. in Portland, Oregon, writes (in part): Your games opened up a world of imagination and possibilities that changed my life. You taught me that the true value of a game is the experience, imagination and special bond that comes with creating a world with friends. The inherently inclusive, imaginative and special nature of Palladium has shaped my perspective and imagination. I thank you all for being a special part of my life.
M.A. in Fort Benning, Georgia, writes: Thank you for the hard work you guys have been doing. Continue to do your best.
S.Q. in Black Canyon City, Arizona, writes (in part): D&D is the game that got me into role-playing, but Rifts® is the game that made me a role-player. I have loved the Rifts® game line for years and my best RPG memories are from playing it with friends. My thanks for making a great game and universe.
R.S. in Marshalltown, Iowa, writes: I’m excited to play Robotech® RPG Tactics when it comes out, and I wish you the greatest successes with it! Lastly, as a member of the 25+ years fan club, thanks for the memories. Happy Holidays.
S.D. in London, Ontario, Canada, writes (in part): I’m a huge fan of the Palladium Role-Playing System, even though I don’t get to play as often as I’d like. One of my absolute favorite things to do is read the books cover to cover. I am very excited to see what kind of surprise I get. I know there is no way I will be disappointed.
D.S. in El Paso, Texas, writes: Thanks for being a part of my annual X-Mas present to myself. Since the ‘80s you guys have helped feed my imagination, live out my fantasies, and generally made the world a more fun place to be. No other company is as in touch with its fans as you, and you guys set an example that other RPG companies would do very well to follow.
B.W. in New Mexico, writes: I try to get [a Surprise Package] for my husband every year. He loves Palladium games. He always gets excited about your Grab Bags.
J.L. in Downers Grove, Illinois, writes: Just wanted to mention that you guys are amazing! I’ve been playing Palladium since 2006.
S.B. In Rimouski, Quebec, Canada, writes: Thank you very much for this excellent opportunity. I know it’s too early, but Happy Holidays to you all.
Thanks everyone, we appreciate your input and kind words. More of your comments in the next weekly update. Happy Holidays.
NEW! Dead Reign™ Sourcebook 4: Fear the Reaper™ – At the Printer – Ships end of November
Like knights mounted on motorcycles, the Road Reapers travel the wasteland that Earth has become, searching for survivors, fighting zombies and waging war against the Death Cults that threaten all mankind.
This epic sourcebook explores the nature of heroes and heroism in the Zombie Apocalypse. It contains the secrets of the fabled Road Reapers, their structure, leadership, missions and purpose, as well as gear and combat notes. Plus a horrifying new zombie known as the Terror Zombie, plus Floaters (zombies in water) and which zombies can swim. Survival is one thing. Can you keep your humanity and be a hero?
- Comprehensive background on the legendary Road Reapers™ – zombie hunters and heroes of the Zombie Apocalypse.
- The Road Reaper Way of Life: Living and fighting on the road.
- Road Reaper missions, strategies and tactics.
- The Road Reapers’ Code – a guide to being a Road Reaper and hero.
- Structure and organization of Road Reaper units.
- Road Reaper areas of specialty and bonus skills.
- Road Reaper Specializations like the Ex-Con, Road Captain, Scout and Fix-It Man.
- More zombie-killing advice from Brad Ashley, the notorious leader of the Road Reapers and author of the Road Reapers’ Survival Guide.
- Notable weapons and gear used by the Road Reapers.
- Stats for snowmobiles and boats.
- Combat notes and optional character tables.
- Terror Zombie, an amalgamation of horror fused to a Mock Zombie.
- Zombies in water and which ones can swim!
- Many adventure ideas and random tables.
- Written by Matthew Clements.
- 48 pages – $12.95 retail – Cat. No. 234. November release! At the printer.
The Rifter® #64 – Ships November
The Rifter® #64 is our annual horror issue. This one presents chills and monsters for Beyond the Supernatural™, Dead Reign™, Nightbane® and even for the Palladium Fantasy RPG®. There is a ‘Giant’ adventure (as in an adventure about Giants) for Palladium Fantasy®, and The Black-Malice Legacy, Part Two, with more details about the Coalition States’ Psi-Division. Plus, stories, news, coming attractions, and more.
Every issue of The Rifter® is an idea factory that helps players and Game Masters to generate new ideas and keep their games fresh. It provides useful, ready to go, source material gamers can just drop into their ongoing games. A doorway to new possibilities and numerous Palladium role-playing worlds. It offers new characters, O.C.C.s, powers, magic, weapons, adventure and ideas for your games. It presents new villains, monsters and dangers to battle, and new ideas to consider. Every issue has material for Rifts® and at least two or three other Palladium game lines.
The Rifter® Number 64 includes:
- Rifts® – The Black-Malice Legacy, Part II – by Matt Olfson and Will Hunter. Source material about the Coalition States’ psionic operatives and technology, including squad formation and new psychic martial art classes for special operatives in CS Psi-Battalion.
- Rifts® Short Story – A Cold Night, Dead Past by Brett Caron.
- Dead Reign™ source material by Jeff Duncan. New Survivor Occupations and related skills set in the Zombie Apocalypse.
- Nightbane® source material by Bryant Telfer. A new class of mystical wanderer and Nightbane.
- Palladium Fantasy® Adventure by Michael Osborne. Play Giant characters or pint-sized humans who invade the lairs of Trolls and evil beings in control of dark magic.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® – New creatures: Ice Bearmen and the Winter Serpent by Matthew Clements, Chuck Walton and Kevin Siembieda. “Official” Fantasy source material.
- Rifts® NG/Minion War™ story (and hint of things to come) by Matthew Clements.
- Heroes Unlimited™ Short Story by Glen Evans.
- News, coming attractions, product descriptions and more.
- 96 pages – $11.95 retail – Cat. No. 164. November/December release.
Rifts® World Book 33: Northern Gun™ One – Available Now!
Rifts® Northern Gun™ One is the most tech-filled World Book Palladium has ever produced. In addition to world information, background and O.C.C.s for the Northern Gun corporation and Ishpeming, there are 27 robots, 70+ weapons and all kinds of dynamic information and gaming resources. Courtesy of the largest arms dealer and independent manufacturer on the continent: Northern Gun™.
Northern Gun™ is the most famous arms manufacture in North America. Outside of the Coalition States, one could argue, no other kingdom is as powerful or influential, at least when it comes to technology and weapons. The manufacture and sale of Northern Gun weapons and vehicles has given virtually every kingdom, town, colony of settlers and adventurer group a chance to survive and prosper. Located in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, NG has been the premier outfitter of mercenaries, adventurers and upstart kingdoms for generations. Now, for the first time ever, learn Northern Gun’s history, goals and plans for the future. Of course, that means new weapons, robots, power armor, vehicles and gear.
- In-depth look at Northern Gun, its robots, stores, politics and operations.
- 70+ NG weapons; old and new.
- 27 NG giant combat and exploration robots. Described in detail.
- Many new robot weapon systems and features, including alternative power supplies, anti-monster gear and experimental weapons.
- Northern Gun freighter ships and hovertrains. Random Cargo tables too.
- Notable cities and people of the Ishpeming Republic/Northern Gun.
- NG O.C.C.s, police, specialists and NG Mercenary army.
- The NG Mercenary army and police.
- The NG Bounty Board, the largest collection of bounties and mercenary contracts anywhere on Rifts Earth.
- Key locations, people and dangers around Northern Gun.
- NG mercenary defenders, groups and pirates.
- Northern Gun’s relationship with the CS and other nations.
- Interior Artwork by Chuck Walton, Mark Dudley, Amy Ashbaugh, and others.
- Wraparound cover by Chuck Walton.
- Written by Matthew Clements, Kevin Siembieda and others.
- 224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 887 – Softcover Edition.
- Softcover edition is available NOW!
- Deluxe Hardcover and Collectors’ Hardcover Editions ship in November to crowdfunders. Only a few dozen will be made available to the open market at steep prices and in the Palladium Christmas Surprise Package offer.
- Check out the new FREE Sneak Preview on DriveThruRPG.com!
Rifts® World Book 34: Northern Gun™ Two
In production! Expanded to 192-224 pages and filled with all kinds of adventuring gear: New environmental body armor, power armor, hovercycles, robot drones, robot haulers, combat vehicles, other vehicles, robot gladiators and much more. More information about the weapons, vehicles and practices of Northern Gun, including the new rage of robot gladiatorial combat. Expanded page count. Epic adventure.
- NG robot haulers and drones.
- NG power armor suits; an expansive range.
- NG M.D.C. body armor, and combat gear.
- NG bionics, cybernetic services and other equipment.
- NG hovercycles, land vehicles and combat vehicles.
- NG jet packs and aircraft.
- NG boats, ships and submarines.
- NG Robot Gladiatorial Arena.
- Robot Gladiator O.C.C. and robot gladiators.
- Pirates and more.
- Written by Matthew Clements and Kevin Siembieda.
- Interior Artwork by Chuck Walton, Nick Bradshaw, and others.
- Wraparound cover by John Zeleznik.
- 192-224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 888. December, 2013 remains our target date and seems doable at this stage (tentative).
Rifts® World Book 35: Megaverse® in Flames™
The Minion War spills across Rifts Earth, where demons and infernals hope to recruit allies and use the Rifts as gateways of destruction. Their influence shakes things up across the planet, especially at locations where demons and Deevils already have a strong presence. Demons, Deevils and supernatural beings run rampant and wreak havoc across the world.
- Demon plagues and mystic blights.
- Soulmancy and Blood Magic revealed.
- Magical and demonic weapons and war machines.
- Demonic armies, strongholds and places of evil.
- Hell Pits and Rune Forges.
- Many Demon Lords, their minions and plans.
- Calgary, the Kingdom of Monsters; in detail.
- Ciudad de Diablo, Harpies’ Island and other notable Hell holes on Earth.
- Lord Doom, Pain and other demonic leaders.
- Horune treachery, Dimension Stormers and other villains.
- Notable demonic generals, mercenaries, people and places.
- Battleground: Earth – as demons and infernals amass their legions.
- Global chaos and the places most dramatically affected by the Demon Plagues.
- Epic battles and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Carl Gleba. Part of the Minion War “Crossover” series.
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 876. January/February release.
Robotech® UEEF Marines Sourcebook One
This is another book that is guaranteed to wow and please Robotech® fans.
- New mecha and weapons.
- Aliens and space adventure.
- Written by Irvin Jackson.
- 160 pages – Cat. No. 553 – $20.95 – Shooting for a quick release, but early 2014 seems realistic.
UPDATE: Robotech® RPG Tactics™
The only product people are more excited about than the two Rifts® Northern Gun releases is Robotech® RPG Tactics™. Momentum is building to a fever pitch. Fans will not be disappointed. Demos at the Alliance Trade Show got nothing but big, toothy smiles and positive reviews. Here’s are some details.
● Flexible Date of Release: An exact release date is yet to be determined, but it is looking like some time in February, 2014. Ninja Division’s original projections had product delivery at October or November, but we were all a bit too optimistic. In order to make this game line everything it can be, there have been delays. As a result, the game has yet to be sent into manufacturing. That said, 98% of the work is completed, the game pieces look incredible, and Ninja Division is wrapping up on final packaging, layout and tweaks. We expect to get final approval from licensor Harmony Gold in two or three weeks. At which point, Robotech® RPG Tactics™ goes into manufacturing. Factoring in manufacturing time, shipping from China and other factors, it is looking more and like a February 2014 release. We’ll see. Note: As stated in the past, we will ship product to the Kickstarter supporters before we ship to distributors.
● Plastic game pieces. All of the 1/285th game pieces in the box set and expansion packs are plastic. (Special editions and limited releases for conventions and the Kickstarter may be in resin and/or metal.)
● Expansions released in waves. Palladium plans to release Robotech® RPG Tactics™ products in waves. The core box game and first six expansion packs will be the initial release. 4-6 additional expansion packs of mecha game pieces will ship approximately every three months thereafter.
● Robotech® RPG products – available now. Don’t forget that Robotech® RPG products are available now. They include the Robotech® Shadow Chronicles® core rule book available as a $30.95 hardcover (Cat. No. 550HC) and as a $16.95 manga-sized RPG paperback (Cat. No. 550), and the Macross® Saga Sourcebook (Cat. No. 551) which is the same setting as the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ game. Each book is a wealth of background information about Robotech® and fun to read and play. With excitement growing for Robotech® RPG Tactics™, there is renewed interest in the Robotech® role-playing game line.
● New Robotech® RPG products coming in 2014. Palladium has three new Robotech® sourcebooks in development. UEEF Marines Sourcebook One, UEEF Marines Sourcebook Two and The Zentraedi Protectorate Sourcebook are all slated for release before Summer 2014. Additional Robotech® sourcebooks are on the drawing board.
● Palladium is working with Harmony Gold to expand the scope of its license to provide you with an even greater range of Robotech® products.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ – Game Description
This is the game Robotech® fans have wanted for decades.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ is a fast-paced, tabletop combat game that captures the action and adventure of the Robotech® anime. Two or more players can engage in small squad skirmishes or scale up to massive battles. Relive the clashes of the First Robotech War, engage in stand-alone tactical games, or use the dynamic game pieces to enhance your Robotech® RPG experience. Or simply collect your favorite mecha from an expanding range of top-notch game pieces.
Mecha vs Mecha. Take command of the fighting forces of the United Earth Defense Force (UEDF) valiantly defending Earth from alien annihilation. Or lead the massive clone armies of the Zentraedi Armada to recover an alien artifact of immense power and enslave humankind.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Box Set
- Brought to you by Palladium Books®, created with Ninja Division (the creative minds behind Soda Pop Miniatures and Cipher Studios).
- Rules by Alessio Cavatore, David Freeman and Carmen Bellaire.
- Full color, softcover rule book; wraparound cover and lots of new, color artwork.
- 24 Battle Dice, 12 UEDF and 12 Zentraedi.
- 40 color game cards (unit cards, etc.).
- 4x VF-1A Valkyries (in Fighter, Guardian, and Battloid modes).
- 1x VF-1J "Officer" in all three modes.
- 4x Destroids: 2 Tomahawks and 2 Defenders.
- 12x Regult Zentraedi Battlepods.
- 1x Glaug Officer's Battlepod.
- 1x Quel-Regult Recon Battlepod.
- 1x Quel-Gulnau Recovery Pod.
- 1/285th scale, high quality, multi-pose plastic game pieces (40mm to 70mm tall). World-class sculpts from sculptors around the world.
- Game rules use D6.
- Turn-based system of play.
- Scalable from small squad skirmishes to mass battles. Can accommodate two to several players.
- Combat is fast and designed to emulate the anime action.
- Measuring tape required to determine targets and distance.
- Small parts and some assembly required. Game pieces come unpainted.
- Release Date: Barring any further delays, the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ box game and initial expansion sets ship February 2014 (tentative).
- $90 retail price (tentative). The price of the final box set is not yet determined, but we want to hold it around $90.
- Cat. No. 55100 (Main Boxed Game).
The First Six Robotech® Expansion Packs
The initial expansion packs will also ship at the same time as the main box game. All prices listed are likely, but still tentative. We want most packs to fall in the $25-$35 price range.
- UEDF Valkyrie Wing (2x each, Fighter, Guardian, Battloid) – Cat. No. 55201 – $30.00 retail (tentative).
- UEDF Destroid Pack (2x Tomahawks, 2x Defenders) – Cat. No. 55202 – $30.00 (tentative).
- UEDF Spartan Pack (2x Spartans, 2x Phalanxes), Cat. No. 55203 – $30.00 (tentative).
- Zentraedi Regult Battlepod Squadron (6x Regults) – Cat. No. 55401 – $30.00 (tentative).
- Zentraedi Support Battlepods (4x Artillery Battlepods) – Cat. No. 55402 – $30.00 (tentative).
- Zentraedi Command Pack (1x Glaug, 1x Quel-Regult, 1x Quel-Gulnau) – Cat. No. 55403 – $35.00 (tentative).
- Additional expansion packs to be released in waves every few months, 4-8 at a time, throughout 2014. More will follow.
- Palladium plans to release the mecha and settings for ALL eras of Robotech®. Many other details are still in development.
- Tournament play support is planned. Ninja Division will help Palladium to develop and launch the program.
Robotech® Macross® Saga Sourcebook – New Size
Available now – 8½ x 11 size
All the famous mecha and action of Robotech® starts here with the Macross® Saga when an alien armada enters Earth orbit. They have come to reclaim a lost spacecraft that crash-landed on Earth 10 years earlier. A space fortress that Earth’s protectors have rebuilt into their own flagship against alien invasion. The resulting conflict gives birth to heroes and becomes the stuff of legend, but the Earth will never be the same. Robotech® The Macross® Saga Sourcebook is now available as an 8½ x 11 inch sourcebook.
Note: This is the setting for Robotech® RPG Tactics™, so if you’re looking for more information about the mecha, Earth’s defenders, the Zentraedi invaders, and the Macross Saga setting, this is the book for you. Epic adventure awaits.
A Robotech® Role-Playing Game Sourcebook:
- Transformable Veritech Fighters known as Valkyries take to the sky to defend the Earth.
- Destroids, giant walking tanks, are among Earth’s front-line defenders.
- The SDF-1 and Earth air, ground and space combat vehicles.
- Zentraedi mecha, powered armor suits, and select spacecraft.
- The Zentraedi warriors, their war machines and culture.
- Notable characters from the TV series statted out.
- Quick Character Creation Tables enable you to make Macross characters in 15 minutes or less.
- New skills and M.O.S. skill bundles.
- The Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® RPG “rule book” is needed to play (Cat. No. 550 or 550HC).
- 128 pages – $16.95 – Cat. No. 551 – standard 8½ x 11 size – Available now.
BACK IN PRINT
Rifts® Ultimate Edition
Imagine a world setting that is Earth 300 years after an apocalypse that results in the return of magic. Now imagine a world where magic and super-science collide. Where cyborgs and men clad in power armor and giant robots clash with demons, dragons and sorcerers.
Now imagine lines of blue, magic energy rippling across the land. Where two or more of those lines cross, there is a tear in the fabric of space and time. A Rift to infinite worlds and realities that have unleashed an endless cavalcade of aliens, mutants and monsters into our world. Some are adventurers like you, others are invaders, some are slaves or prisoners, and still others are demonic nightmares and gods from ancient myths. All now make Earth their home or hunting ground. Welcome to Rifts®.
Rifts® combines the genres of science fiction, fantasy, horror and post-apocalypse (among others) in a plausible setting where adventure is limited only by your imagination and the possibilities are truly infinite.
- 33 O.C.C.s – Bursters, Crazies, Cyber-Knights, Dog Boys, Glitter Boys, Juicers, Ley Line Walkers, Mind Melters, Psi-Stalkers, dragons, mutants & more.
- The Coalition States – heroes or villains?
- Coalition O.C.C.s, gear and States described.
- Psionic powers and characters.
- Magic spells and Techno-Wizardry.
- Techno-Wizard device construction rules.
- World information and background to set the stage for adventure.
- All the info you need to play is contained in this core rule book.
- Color end sheets painted by John Zeleznik. Cover by Scott Johnson.
- 24 pages of color, 75+ color images; great art throughout.
- Created and written by Kevin Siembieda.
- 90+ sourcebooks to expand your Rifts® adventures.
- 376 pages – Cat. No. 800HC – $39.95 – Hardcover.
BACK IN PRINT: Chi-Town Pencil
Do Not Remove — Property of the Chi-Town Library
They’re fun and silly, and Rifts® gamers love them, so we pressed a new batch of Chi-Town Library pencils. They look great on the gaming table.
- Printed on each are the words: Do Not Remove — Property of the Chi-Town Library.
- 50 cents each – Cat. No. 2561 – No. 2 pencil. Available now.
BACK IN PRINT: Villains Unlimited™
More than 80 villains with complete stats, background and motives for trouble. And lots of other epic source material.
- 80+ villains.
- Rules for designing your own super-organization.
- S.C.R.E.T. – Superbeing Control Retrieval and Elimnation Team.
- The Jury – are they heroes or villains?
- Fabricators Inc. – the weapons and armor suppliers to the criminal underworld.
- Magic Tattoos and more.
- All of the above serve as catalysts for adventure.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Kevin Long.
- 224 pages – $24.95 – Cat. No. 501 – Available now.
PDF downloads from DriveThruRPG.com
This is a great resource for getting out of print Palladium titles and other select books. We’ve made 90 titles available as PDF digital downloads from DriveThruRPG.com. This is a great way to try Palladium products and get access to out of print RPG source material. Some notable titles include:
- The Rifter® #49-52 recently added – available now.
- Splicers® RPG.
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, First Edition Rules.
- Boxed Nightmares™ for BTS, First Edition Rules.
- Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™.
- The Mechanoids® RPG and The Mechanoid Invasion® RPG Trilogy.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, First Edition Rules and select 1st Edition sourcebooks.
- After the Bomb® RPG and sourcebooks.
- The Rifter® issues 1-52.
- The Best of The Rifter®.
- Deluxe Revised RECON® RPG and Advanced RECON® Sourcebook.
- And more – go to DriveThruRPG.com and check ‘em out.
© Copyright 2013 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Chaos Earth, Coalition States, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.