Palladium Books® Weekly Update – March 8, 2012
By Kevin Siembieda
The excitement continues.
IMPORTANT QUESTION. I need your feedback about doing future Megaverse® Insider offers. As I already stated in last week’s Update, I’m thinking we should do crowdsource funding via the Megaverse® Insider for major releases like Rifts® Northern Gun™ One and Two, Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames™, the two Beyond the Supernatural™ sourcebooks and similar. HOWEVER, I have gotten a surprising number of inquiries, suggestions and outright requests to do crowdsource funding for ALL new releases. As one gamer put it, he loved the excitement it generated. That’s cool, and we loved the excitement too, but doesn’t “all” new releases seem like too much?
Or is it?
PLEASE let us know your thoughts on this matter. As always, we like to know what you think, like and want. If you would like to see us do the same crowdsource funding for ALL (most?) new releases with the same types of offered products, we need to know that. I can’t imagine that being the case, but you guys and gals are dedicated, wonderful and, like the Palladium staff, a little bit crazy (in a good way), so tell us what you’d like to see. This is the time to speak up and let us know. Send emails, Private Messages, call the office, chat about it online and fill out our poll. Note: We would not do a Megaverse® Insider for future products until we were getting close to releasing that new book or item.
UPDATE: Online sales. Sales have, of course, dropped, but remained decent for the week. I think at this point, people are waiting for Rifts® Lemuria and our many other new releases. Hey, we had outstanding sales for four weeks running, so we were bound to see sales soften up as people wait for new stuff. Rifts® Mindwerks™ and Phase World®: Anvil Galaxy™ coming back into print helped sales this week and more out of stock titles will be coming back in the weeks to come.
UPDATE: Me and the staff. I remain energized and focused on completing books and getting them in your hands pronto. Alex, Wayne and company are all working hard to do just that.
UPDATE: Exciting times. These are exciting times, so I will be doing more Murmurs from the Megaverse® and Facebook posts on a frequent basis. The last week or so, I had been so busy working on Rifts® Lemuria and getting a dozen other projects moving forward, that I did not post many Murmurs or comment much on Facebook until earlier this week. Since then, I’ve been posting regularly and will continue to post a Murmur or two and pop in on Facebook every day or two. There are several new Murmurs for this week already. There is so much excitement at Palladium Books, I want to keep you abreast of everything! Plus, I need your input and enjoy your insight.
UPDATE: BACK IN PRINT: Rifts® Sourcebook 3: Mindwerks™. The book arrived on Tuesday and is ready for you to purchase. So is Rifts® Dimension Book 5: Anvil Galaxy™. See the description for these two titles elsewhere in this Weekly Update. Additional titles will be sent to the printer for short-run printings over the next few weeks, and include Wolfen Empire™ (for Palladium Fantasy®), Mutant Underground™ (HU2), Rifts® Mercenaries and Rifts® Splynn Dimensional Market™.
UPDATE: Rifts® Lemuria. I hope I’m not over-hyping this book, but I’m in love with it and it just seems to keep getting better and better. The ideas never stop. Work is progressing well and I expect Wayne to start typesetting and laying out this weekend. Nick Bradshaw’s additional art came in and looks sweet.
UPDATE: Dead Reign™ Sourcebook 3: Endless Dead™. I can’t wait to get to work on this book and Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook. Writing, editing and product for both should go quickly.
UPDATE: Rifts® World Book: The Black Market. The cover for Rifts® Black Market is almost finished. I think it really captures the mood and feel of the Black Market. I hope you like it. I need to assign the interior artwork next. This sourcebook is written by Matthew Clements with additional material by Taylor White.
UPDATE: Rifts® World Book: Northern Gun™ One. Met with Chuck Walton yesterday to approve new sketches for Northern Gun robot and vehicle designs. Hey, it’s Chuck, so they look fantastic. An April or May release, to be quickly followed by Northern Gun™ Two a month or two later.
UPDATE: The Rifter® #58. More exciting fan-created material for the Palladium Megaverse. Wayne’s behind on this issue, but it remains an April release.
UPDATE: New! Palladium Bookmarks, Set Two. No word yet as to when this new item will be ready to ship, but I don’t think it should be more than another week or two. They look awesome and feature Chaos Earth™, Phase World®, Nightbane® and Beyond the Supernatural™. See the description elsewhere in this Weekly Update.
UPDATE: Rifts® Miniatures. We should be able to start offering releases of fan favorite Rifts® minis – the Glitter Boy, Splugorth Overlord, Coalition Soldiers, etc. – in a week or two. They will be quickly followed by a dozen awesome figures never before released by Palladium Books, including a Shadow Beast, Magi and new style CS soldier, among others. We’ll be selling them as individual figures for a range of prices depending on size. We already have some from Carmen and they look great! But I want to finish Rifts® Lemuria before we take a break to work on minis (even if it will only chew up a day or two).
UPDATE: Robotech® Miniatures. The debate over whether or not Robotech® fans and Palladium fans would like to see Palladium release Robotech® miniatures is heating up. Excellent, because we want to know what you think on this front.
One of the gents who wants to work with Palladium to make this happen has posted a few photos on the Palladium Facebook Page of his Robotech miniature sculpts. I have seen many more of his minis and they are impressive. But is there enough interest to warrant Palladium to do Robotech® miniatures? Do you want to buy Robotech® minis? That’s the question we need you to help us answer. Does there have to be a miniatures game to go with the minis? And the minis probably would NOT be pre-painted. Does that change your mind? Let us know. Depending on the response, we’ll take a long, hard look at the possibilities for this Robotech® line.
UPDATE: The Rifter® #0.1 and #0.2 (both to be PDFs like Rifter Zero). We got word back from the main coordinator of this long developing project, and it is moving forward. There’s some impressive looking stuff in it, though we’ve yet to read most of it, and they should make fun digital products for our fans. There is literally hundreds of pages of material so it will take us a while to go through it all, but we’re on the job. This project was created by a band of awesome Palladium fans as a means to share their ideas and to help Palladium generate some revenue with PDF sales on DriveThruRPG.com. All donated their time and hard work. Thanks guys, your hard work will pay off.
UPDATE: Sneak Previews on DriveThruRPG.com for Rifts® Lemuria should go up sometime next week (thought we’d have it this week, but things didn’t pan out). The sneak preview for Endless Dead will quickly follow after it. Don’t forget, there are 90+ backstock titles, including back issues of The Rifter®, first edition rule books, other sneak previews and the Rifts® Game Master Kit, all available as PDF downloads at reasonable prices.
Be like Bill. Become a Palladium Megaversal Ambassador or just G.M. and spread the joy of Palladium’s role-playing games. Bill Korsak is a local Game Master who has helped Palladium run games at the Westland Library, he’s running games at the Palladium Open House (May 3-6, 2012) and he’s running games at other local gaming events, stores and venues. Bill’s favorite games to run, at the moment, are Beyond the Supernatural™ and Dead Reign™, so those are the games he generally plays. I’ve been running Palladium Fantasy; Julius, Rifts® and Palladium Fantasy®. You can do likewise. Run the games you love or feel like playing and have fun.
UPDATE: Gaming at the Westland Library – March 31, 2012 – Saturday from 1-4 PM. This the next library event where Julius and I will be running games. We are already seeing more interest from local gamers so this could turn into something big. Join the fun and this is a great way to introduce a new generation to Palladium role-playing games or to give our games a try. PLEASE REGISTER with the library early, so we can make sure we have enough Game Masters to accomodate everybody who wants to play. Sign up by calling the library at (734) 326-6123 or online at http://www.westlandlibrary.org/node/3089. The gaming is from 1-4 PM, Saturday, March 31, 2012. The library is located on Central City Parkway between Ford Road and Warren.
The Palladium Open House is only 8 weeks away!! We’ll be ready to rock your world all weekend long with Palladium gaming events. We still need more G.M.s to send us their event information!! If you have any questions and Wayne isn’t getting back to you, contact Alex or call the office. We need games! Sorry about all those exclamation points, but the POH will be here in no time.
And we need gamers in and around Michigan to join the fun! Take this opportunity to game with the guys and gals who make the games you love.
Palladium Open House Hotel Rooms are going fast! Reserve your hotel rooms as soon as you can. Your credit card does not get charged till the day of the event and you can cancel up to a week before. The hotel is inexpensive and excellent ($69.95 for two double beds or one king) and there will be two conference rooms (one small, one large) for all-night gaming at the hotel. NOTE: It helps Palladium if you reserve your hotel room BEFORE March 31. Thanks.
UPDATE: Kevin’s Online Toy & Collectibles Store. Alex and I have recently added some Palladium collectibles and new toys and action figures into my online store. We’ll try to add more new items next week as well. Right now they include Palladium gold editions, some artwork, art prints, The Rifter® #20, and various out of print books – most of it signed. We’ll keep them coming if you keep buying them. http://stores.ebay.com/kevinstoys-artandcollectibles
When I started writing this Update I thought it would be a short one. Guess not. Like I said, there is a lot of activity and excitement. Have a great weekend, keep those imaginations burning bright and buy Palladium.
– Kevin Siembieda, Publisher, Writer and Game Designer
Palladium Books 2012 Product Release Schedule
January 2012 Releases
- The Rifter #57 – New – available now.
March 2012 Releases
- Rifts® Dimension Book™ 5: Anvil Galaxy™ – Back in print – available now.
- Rifts® Sourcebook Three: Mindwerks™ – Back in print – Ships March 6.
- Palladium Bookmarks, Set 2 – New – at the printer.
- Rifts® World Book 32: Lemuria – New – in final production.
- Dead Reign™ Sourcebook Three: Endless Dead™ – New
- Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™ – New (tentative)
- Rifts® World Book: The Black Market – New (tentative)
April 2012 Releases
- The Rifter® #58 – New
- Robotech® Genesis Pits™ Sourcebook – New (tentative)
- Rifts® World Book: Northern Gun™ One – New (tentative)
May 2012 Releases
- Rifts®/Minion War™: Megaverse® in Flames™ – New (tentative)
June 2012 Releases
- Rifts® Northern Gun™ Two – New
- Robotech® UEEF Marines Sourcebook – New (tentative)
All of Palladium’s Core Game Lines to be Supported in 2012
The following are in development.
- Robotech® sourcebooks
- Rifts® Antarctica and other sourcebooks
- Splicers® Sourcebooks
- Heroes Unlimited™ Sourcebooks
- Chaos Earth™ Sourcebooks
- Palladium Fantasy®: Mysteries of Magic™ Two & Three
- Palladium Fantasy®: Land of the Damned™ Three
- Nightbane® Sourcebook
- Beyond the Supernatural™ Sourcebooks
- And other good stuff.
NEW! Palladium Bookmarks, Set Two
A set of four, 2 x 6 inch bookmarks, each depicting a different Palladium game line: Chaos Earth™, Phase World®, Nightbane® and Beyond the Supernatural™. They are attractive, useful and make a fun collectible. The first set has been so popular, we had to do a second.
- Designed by Kevin Siembieda and Wayne Smith.
- Art by Scott Johnson (Rifts® Chaos Earth™ Glitter Boy cover), Kevin Long (Phase World® Sourcebook cover), Brom (Nightbane®), and John Zeleznik (Beyond the Supernatural™).
- Each is 2 x 6 inches, full color, printed on both sides.
- Four different bookmarks in the set.
- Cat. No. 2555 – $5.00 retail. Based on what similar bookmarks sell for, we figure the set of four should have an $8.00 value, but Palladium’s price is only $5.00.
- Ship Date: As soon as they return from the printer in a week or two.
Available now! Palladium Bookmarks, Set One
“I love the Palladium bookmarks and use three of the first set all the time.” – Kevin Siembieda
A set of four, 2 x 6 inch bookmarks, each depicting a different Palladium game line: Rifts®, Palladium Fantasy®, Heroes Unlimited™ and Dead Reign™. They are attractive, useful and make a fun collectible.
- Designed by Kevin Siembieda and Wayne Smith.
- Art by Scott Johnson (Rifts® Ultimate cover), E.M. Gist (Dead Reign™ RPG cover), Mark Evans (Palladium Fantasy®), and Tyler Walpole (Heroes Unlimited™).
- Each is 2 x 6 inches, full color, printed on both sides.
- Four different bookmarks in the set.
- Cat. No. 2554 – $5.00 retail. Based on what similar bookmarks sell for, we figure the set of four should have an $8.00 value, but Palladium’s price is only $5.00.
- Ship Date: Available now.
Rifts® Dimension Book™ 5: Anvil Galaxy™
– Available now – Back in print
This popular, fan-favorite Phase World® sourcebook presents a dynamic overview of the Anvil Galaxy™ and its many alien races, technologies, conflicts and secrets. A great resource for any Phase World® fan and valuable addition for campaigns involving the Minion War™.
- Legends of the Cosmic Forge™ and the Forge War™.
- Nearly 20 alien races and an overview of the Anvil Galaxy™.
- Transgalactic Empire and Consortium of Civilized Worlds.
- Overview of the Three Galaxies.
- Planet Creation Tables.
- Written by Bill Coffin.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 847. Available now.
Rifts® Sourcebook Three: Mindwerks™
– Back in print – Ships Tuesday, March 6
Rifts® Mindwerks™ is a companion to Triax & The NGR™ and Triax™ 2. It details the techno-horrors of the Mindwerks Corporation and its insane mastermind, the Angel of Death, as well as providing more information on the NGR, the Gargoyle and Brodkil Empires, robots and equipment, plus the Gene-Splicers, a dozen D-Bee races, an evil Millennium Tree, mind-altering cybernetic implants and a few notable kingdoms.
- 14 O.C.C.s and R.C.C.s, including the Lycanmorph and Null Psyborg.
- Mindwerks ‘bots, cyborgs, weapons & equipment.
- Mindwerks M.O.M. conversions, Crazies and insanity.
- Gene-Splicers and their presence on Rifts® Earth.
- Germany’s infamous Black Forest and its evil Millenium Tree.
- Massive new war machines for the Gargoyles and the NGR.
- The Kingdom of Tarnow, its namesake magical crystal and anti-Gargoyle weapons and equipment.
- More information on Europe after the Coming of the Rifts®.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda.
- 112 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 812. At the printer. Ships March 6, 2012.
The Rifter® #57
– Available now
The Rifter® #57 is an extravaganza of monsters and mayhem to surprise your players and spice up your games.
- Rifts® Lemuria – sneak preview.
- Rifts® – new weapons and vehicles of the Coalition States.
- Beyond the Supernatural™ – 5 new monsters and supernatural threats.
- Palladium Fantasy® – 20 monsters and dangerous animals galore.
- For all game settings – Genie bottles and dimensional pockets.
- Rifts® – The Brodkil War Machinist O.C.C.
- Rifts® – NGR Anthropological Field Operative O.C.C.
- News, coming attractions, and more.
- Cover by Charles Walton II.
- 96 pages – still only $11.95 retail – Cat. No. 157. Available now.
NEW! BIGGER! Rifts® World Book: Lemuria™
“I think this book is going to amaze people.” – Kevin Siembieda
- The Lemurians, their race, history and society.
- 12 new O.C.C.s including the Serpent Hunter, Shriekers, Spouters, Oceanic Guardsman, Biomancer Gene-Mage, Birdmen and others.
- 20+ exotic animals sea serpents, Sea Dragons and riding animals.
- 50+ new Biomancy spells.
- Biomancer Gardens, herbs and magic.
- Nearly a dozen types of living Bio-Armor (Lemurian power armor).
- The Stone Guardians of Easter Island and other mysteries.
- Stone vehicles and weird weapons and devices.
- Symbiotic creatures and Biomancy constructs; some that enable air-breathers to survive underwater indefinitely.
- New dangers, new challenges, adventure ideas and more.
- Written by Greg Diaczyk with additional material by Matthew Clements and Kevin Siembieda.
- Cover by John Zeleznik.
- Interior art by Chuck Walton, Mike Mumah, Brian and Allen Manning, Kent Burles, Nick Bradshaw and Amy Ashbaugh.
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 885. March release.
NEW! Dead Reign™ Sourcebook 3: Endless Dead™
Endless Dead says it all. The zombie hordes grow in number and strangeness. Can humankind survive? Where is the military? What’s next for the survivors of the zombie apocalypse?
This book contains horrifying new zombies to haunt your player characters along with new O.C.C.s and tons of tables for detailing Survivors’ Hideouts, Safe Haven Communities, Death Cults and more. Survival is not enough. Now is the time for the war against the Endless Dead™. This book is epic.
- New types of zombies include the Fused Zombie, Multi-Zombie, Parasite Juggernaut and Walking Mass Grave.
- New O.C.C.s include the Wheelman, Zombie Hunter, Zombie Researcher, Survivalist and Watcher.
- Information on vehicles and tables for adding custom armor, weapons and anti-zombie defenses.
- Vehicle combat rules and zombie-fighting in vehicles.
- Random encounter tables for military bases, police stations, gun stores, buildings, suburbs, industrial parks, small towns, farmland and wilderness.
- Tables for creating Survivor caravans, hideouts, hermits, Safe Haven Communities and Death Cults.
- Timetable for setting campaigns during the Wave, the beginning of the Zombie Apocalypse or months into the reign of the dead.
- Stats for some of North America’s dangerous wildlife, a threat to survivors and zombies alike.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Matthew Clements.
- Cover by E.M. Gist. Interior art by Mumah, Bradshaw and others.
- 96 pages $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 233. March release.
Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™
Unknown to most humans, deep within Mexico the vampires have established entire kingdoms. There they live like tyrants and gods, dominating an underclass of cattle people used as slaves and food stock. Learn more about the vampires, their rivals, allies and the humans who willingly serve their supernatural masters for a chance to join the undead. A must-have guide for those who wish to travel deeper into the Vampire Kingdoms or play as vampires and their human minions.
- More human kingdoms within Mexico like the Tampico Military Protectorate and Durango, the Silver City.
- Firefighting robots, hover firetrucks and more anti-vampire gear.
- Magic based Vampire Hunters and human strongholds.
- Techno-Wizard anti-vampire weapons and magical devices.
- Profiles for Doc Reid and Reid’s Rangers, the world’s most famous Vampire Hunters.
- Fort Reid, an entire city devoted to hunting the undead.
- The Bloodwatch, a secret vampire intelligence agency that tracks down and exterminates Vampire Hunters.
- The Yucatan Peninsula, a mysterious dimensional pocket overrun by strange demons known as Xibalbans.
- The return of the Mayan god Camazotz, Lord of Bats and Darkness.
- The werebeasts of Mexico and Central America; those who assist the vampires and those who fight against them.
- New O.C.C.s like the Bloodwatch Vampire Operative, Silver Swords Militia, Werejaguar Vampire Hunter and the Vampire ‘Borg.
- Cover by Michael C. Hayes. Interior art by various artists.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Matthew Clements and Braden Campbell.
- $16.95 – 128 pages. Cat. No. 884. March release.
Rifts® Black Market™ – A Rifts® Sourcebook
On Rifts® Earth, the Black Market is the most prevalent trader in weapons, contraband and magic items outlawed by the Coalition. Explore the day to day business of the market along with its smuggling routes, practices, policies and nefarious products. Encounter the five major Black Market factions in North America and foreign groups like the Yakuza, Green Scarf Sect and the Underground Railroads of Atlantis and the Vampire Kingdoms.
- New O.C.C.s like the Con Man, Coyote and Venture Criminal.
- Black Market services, products, practices and customers.
- Criminal jobs like the Enforcer, Hit Man and Defense Attorney.
- Major smuggling corridors and routes through Coalition territory.
- Smuggling methods, both magical and conventional.
- The Five Factions of North America and other Black Market groups.
- More equipment from Bandito Arms and specialized smuggling gear.
- Tables for creating Traveling Merchants, Caravans, Market Outlets, Market Towns, Clubs and Bars, Body-Chop-Shops and more!
- Information on the Coalition prison system and border security.
- Written by Matthew Clements and Taylor White, with additional material by Kevin Siembieda and Alex Marciniszyn.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 886. March release (tentative).
Rifts® World Book: Northern Gun™ One
The largest independent manufacturer of weapons, robots and adventure gear in North America is Northern Gun™. Located in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, they have been the premier outfitter of mercenaries and adventurers for decades, and are a major hub for hiring military contractors. With a whole new product line to offer their customers, the future looks bright for Northern Gun™.
- The arms giant Northern Gun profiled for the first time!
- The Kingdom of Ishpeming, a puppet-state propped up by NG.
- Full 109 P.A. catalog of Northern Gun products!
- New weapons, power armor, vehicles, robots and adventure gear.
- The Ishpeming military, essentially a framework for hiring mercenaries and privateers.
- The NG Bounty Board, the largest collection of bounties and mercenary contracts anywhere on Rifts® Earth.
- Hover trains, supply ships and sales outlets.
- Northern Gun’s relationship with the Coalition States, Triax Industries, the Black Market and others.
- Written by Matthew Clements.
- Interior Artwork by Nick Bradshaw, Chuck Walton and others.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 887. April release.
Robotech® Genesis Pits™ Sourcebook
An in-depth look at the Invid Genesis Pits, their purpose, function and the creatures they create.
- Secrets of the Invid.
- Different types of Genesis Pits.
- Written by Irvin Jackson. Additional text by Kevin Siembieda.
- An 8½ x 11 inch sourcebook (not manga size).
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 555. April release.
- Available in the U.S. and Canada only.
Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames™
The Minion War spills across Rifts Earth, where demons and infernals hope to recruit allies and use the Rifts as gateways of destruction. Their influence shakes things up across the planet, especially at locations where demons and Deevils already have a strong presence. More details to follow, but for now, ‘nuff said.
- Soulmancer and Blood Magic.
- The Seven Deadly Plagues.
- The Demon Plagues across the globe.
- Battleground: Earth – as demons and infernals amass their legions.
- Rifts Calgary – also known as Hell’s Pit; the kingdom described.
- Ciudad de Diablo, Harpies’ Island and other notable Hell holes on Earth.
- Lord Doom, Pain and other demonic leaders.
- Horune treachery, Dimension Stormers and other villains.
- Global chaos and the places most dramatically affected by the Demon Plagues.
- Notable demonic generals, mercenaries, people and places.
- Many adventure ideas.
- Written by Carl Gleba.
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 876. May release.
PDF downloads from DriveThruRPG.com
This is a great resource for getting out of print Palladium titles and other select books. We’ve made 90 titles available as PDF digital downloads from DriveThruRPG.com. This is a great way to try Palladium products and get access to out of print RPG source material. Some notable titles include:
- Splicers® RPG
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, First Edition Rules.
- Boxed Nightmares™ for BTS, First Edition Rules.
- Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™.
- The Mechanoids® RPG and The Mechanoid Invasion® RPG Trilogy.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, First Edition Rules and select 1st Edition sourcebooks.
- After the Bomb® RPG and sourcebooks.
- The Rifter® issues 1-48.
- The Best of The Rifter®
- Deluxe Revised RECON® RPG and Advanced RECON® Sourcebook.
- And more – go to DriveThruRPG.com and check ‘em out.
© Copyright 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Beyond the Supernatural™, Chaos Earth, Coalition States, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, Warpath, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.