ConnectiCon 2018

Discussion of the Megaversal Ambassador program.

Moderators: Reelman, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

ConnectiCon 2018

Unread post by Glistam »

I'm running Palladium games at ConnectiCon again this year! I submitted two games again this year and this time asked for later evening slots, in an effort to see if that will get me more than one or two players per game.

Thursday, July 12th, 6:00pm to 10:00 pm: Crime of the Century (Station), a Heroes Unlimited/ Nightbane game.

Friday July 13th, 9:30 pm to Saturday morning 1:30 am: How Far We've Come, a Chaos Earth game.

I'm not doing any Con games Saturday or Sunday because of my bi-weekly online Heroes game. I am always prepared to run a Heroes Unlimited one-shot (or either of the other two games) though, should the need arise on Friday. Wishful thinking, but stranger things have happened.

I'm super grateful that Palladium posted about the games in their latest update, but I'm confused about their inclusion of the Rifts tournament - I don't think there's one here in Connecticut. As far as I know, they've only been happening on the West Coast. I hope I'm wrong though, I'd love to check one out!
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Re: ConnectiCon 2018

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Glistam wrote:I'm running Palladium games at ConnectiCon again this year! I submitted two games again this year and this time asked for later evening slots, in an effort to see if that will get me more than one or two players per game.

Thursday, July 12th, 6:00pm to 10:00 pm: Crime of the Century (Station), a Heroes Unlimited/ Nightbane game.

Friday July 13th, 9:30 pm to Saturday morning 1:30 am: How Far We've Come, a Chaos Earth game.

I'm not doing any Con games Saturday or Sunday because of my bi-weekly online Heroes game. I am always prepared to run a Heroes Unlimited one-shot (or either of the other two games) though, should the need arise on Friday. Wishful thinking, but stranger things have happened.

I'm super grateful that Palladium posted about the games in their latest update, but I'm confused about their inclusion of the Rifts tournament - I don't think there's one here in Connecticut. As far as I know, they've only been happening on the West Coast. I hope I'm wrong though, I'd love to check one out!

Best of luck, and enjoy!
They fixed the update with a mini-update the next day.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Tick
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tick »

:D People will love your games!
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

As I type this I know you are running your Chaos Earth game, and according to the website you have a full game, but how did your games go?

My favorite con games to run are combined Heroes/Nightbane so I really like your Crime of the Century.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Both games were a lot of fun! Thursday night's Nightbane/Heroes game had a full table, and Friday's Chaos Earth game was 5 players. A surprisingly great turnout for this convention.

Thursday night I had several of the players from my Rifts game last ConnectiCon show up to play this game, which was awesome. And to top it off, one of the original Nightbane playtesters was there too! It was a very fun game.

Friday night only 3 of the six people who signed up showed up, but then two other folks wandered into the game and rounded the group out well. This game was supposed to be set up for a four hour block, from 9:30 pm to 1:30 am, but the convention advertised it for 9:30 pm to 12:00 am. The players expected the game to end at midnight so it was a bit rushed. Still, they enjoyed the game and it seemed like everyone had fun.

I enjoyed both games and all the players were excellent, but the Thursday game was definitely the standout experience.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Glad to hear it. Like I said I rove running combined Heroes/Nightbane and one year at Owl Con I ran it on a Saturday night with 11 players.

It's too bad the game times were advertised incorrectly, to me those are the little things that happen at cons that are the most annoying.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2

Return to “Megaversal Ambassadors”