Godblooded and Ley Line Walker Question

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

crazyfoxdemon
D-Bee

Godblooded and Ley Line Walker Question

Unread post by crazyfoxdemon »

So in Pantheons of the Megaverse, it outlines how to play the Godling RCC. Now, one of the options for it is Magic Powers. It states that the character has all the abilities of a practitioner of magic. In this case, Ley Line Walker. My question is does this include stuff like OCC Bonuses and PPE?
guardiandashi
Hero

Re: Godblooded and Ley Line Walker Question

Unread post by guardiandashi »

crazyfoxdemon wrote:So in Pantheons of the Megaverse, it outlines how to play the Godling RCC. Now, one of the options for it is Magic Powers. It states that the character has all the abilities of a practitioner of magic. In this case, Ley Line Walker. My question is does this include stuff like OCC Bonuses and PPE?

ppe absolutely.
as far as OOC bonuses like attribute adjustments, save vs hf and bonuses like that yes.
with skill percentage bonuses, I would say they get the higher of the godling RCC or the OCC bonus whichever is higher, but I would be hesitant to have stacking bonuses for instance lets say the LLW occ gets a +20% to whatever skill, and the godling RCC gets a +10% bonus to the same skill, you could make an argument that this character would get a +10%, a +20%, or a plus 30% I would be most inclined to give them the plus 20% not the 10, or 30.
dreicunan
Hero

Unread post by dreicunan »

guardiandashi wrote:
crazyfoxdemon wrote:So in Pantheons of the Megaverse, it outlines how to play the Godling RCC. Now, one of the options for it is Magic Powers. It states that the character has all the abilities of a practitioner of magic. In this case, Ley Line Walker. My question is does this include stuff like OCC Bonuses and PPE?

ppe absolutely.
as far as OOC bonuses like attribute adjustments, save vs hf and bonuses like that yes.
with skill percentage bonuses, I would say they get the higher of the godling RCC or the OCC bonus whichever is higher, but I would be hesitant to have stacking bonuses for instance lets say the LLW occ gets a +20% to whatever skill, and the godling RCC gets a +10% bonus to the same skill, you could make an argument that this character would get a +10%, a +20%, or a plus 30% I would be most inclined to give them the plus 20% not the 10, or 30.

PPE isn't as clear cut, since the godling rcc spells out an exact amount for practitioners of magic, and a different exact amount if not. Personally, I'd give them both, but others disagree. There is also what you do if power 10 is chosen twice. Personally, I'd give them all the PPE. Other issues are a bit more tricky. For example, are you going to let a godling pick ley line walker and shifter, make a pact with a god of magic, and end up with +10 to spell strength?

The demigod is more clear cut if a magic OCC is chosen, not as much if power 10 is chosen. Once again, decide what will stack and what won't (I'd lean towards stacking most things).
Axelmania wrote:You of course, being the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not.
Declared the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not by Axelmania on 5.11.19.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

I view the elevated PPE that Godlings get if they're a spellcaster as a bonus on top of whatever PPE the class provides :) Or even its own pool, with Godling PPE replenishing at standard rates (and thefted as if a normal person) and OCC PPE replenishing at OCC rates (and thefted as if a mage)
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

you are asking if they get the things listed as the ley line walker abilities as part of all abilities.

The leyline walker sets a base PPE. The RCC has a non base PPE for magic uses.

There are a few way a gm can resaulve this based off known rules.

1 Takes the highest PPE.
2 Adding PPE together.(this is the one I think may be the most accurate)
3 last PPE is the one that takes affect so the rcc PPE is what they have.

It does not prove the existence of a second pool.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Do not restart that argument about a second pool.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
dreicunan
Hero

Mack wrote:Do not restart that argument about a second pool.

Thank you.
Axelmania wrote:You of course, being the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not.
Declared the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not by Axelmania on 5.11.19.
MadGreenSon
Explorer

Unread post by MadGreenSon »

The thing about taking the Godling power for a Ley Line Walker is that it's a bit of a long term investment that you're never likely to see pay off. You get every spell of the level equal to your own, which means if you hit level 15, you get all the spells.

But who ever manages to hit level 15?

I'd more recommend going Demigod, taking the Ley Line Walker as an OCC and taking the magic power for whatever flavor of Warlock tickles your fancy. You're much more likely to hit level 8 and get all the Warlock spells than you are to hit level 15. Then you'll still have the learning advantage of the Ley Line Walker to cover the more conventional invocations as well. You'll be fat with magic.
dreicunan
Hero

MadGreenSon wrote:The thing about taking the Godling power for a Ley Line Walker is that it's a bit of a long term investment that you're never likely to see pay off. You get every spell of the level equal to your own, which means if you hit level 15, you get all the spells.

I'd more recommend going Demigod, taking the Ley Line Walker as an OCC and taking the magic power for whatever flavor of Warlock tickles your fancy. You're much more likely to hit level 8 and get all the Warlock spells than you are to hit level 15. Then you'll still have the learning advantage of the Ley Line Walker to cover the more conventional invocations as well. You'll be fat with magic.

For a Demigod that wants awesome magical power, that is not a bad move. For a Godling, keep in mind that they get ALL the abilities. That means that if they choose Ley Line Walker, they get abilities 8 (acquiring Rift and Ley Line Magic by communing with a ley line starting at lvl 2), 10 (initial spell knowledge, which will mean all lvl 1 spells plus 3 spells for each of the spell levels 2, 3, and 4 - clearly the learning news spells equal to your level is never going to get used as you gain levels, because you'll be getting all of them), and 11 (can learn new spells of any level at any time just like any other ley line walker). Godlings can also take option 10 twice. The demigod doesn't really give an advantage over the godling in terms of potential magic power (plus, as a Godling, you can also be a burster).
MadGreenSon
Explorer

dreicunan wrote:
MadGreenSon wrote:The thing about taking the Godling power for a Ley Line Walker is that it's a bit of a long term investment that you're never likely to see pay off. You get every spell of the level equal to your own, which means if you hit level 15, you get all the spells.

For a Demigod that wants awesome magical power, that is not a bad move. For a Godling, keep in mind that they get ALL the abilities. That means that if they choose Ley Line Walker, they get abilities 8 (acquiring Rift and Ley Line Magic by communing with a ley line starting at lvl 2), 10 (initial spell knowledge, which will mean all lvl 1 spells plus 3 spells for each of the spell levels 2, 3, and 4 - clearly the learning news spells equal to your level is never going to get used as you gain levels, because you'll be getting all of them), and 11 (can learn new spells of any level at any time just like any other ley line walker). Godlings can also take option 10 twice. The demigod doesn't really give an advantage over the godling in terms of potential magic power (plus, as a Godling, you can also be a burster).

I guess in the end it's all down to personal taste. <shrug>

Speaking of Godling-level antics and magic, I'd like to see the ordeal of Yggdrasil in a game at least once. We got close to having a PC take up that challenge in a game I ran (Chaing-Ku dragon was gonna go for it) but she wussed out at the last moment, afraid of the possibility of dying.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Was there something about dying on Yggdrasil which prevented a resurrection spell from bringing you back to try again? It's been awhile
MadGreenSon
Explorer

Axelmania wrote:Was there something about dying on Yggdrasil which prevented a resurrection spell from bringing you back to try again? It's been awhile

No. It says nothing about it at all.

Though in the game I mentioned the PCs did not have any resurrection magic handy other than the dragon, who had the tattoo for it. She wouldn't have been able to use it on herself though.

Return to “Rifts®”