Stattick's Famous Morphus Table

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Stattick
Adventurer

Stattick's Famous Morphus Table

Unread post by Stattick »

I got bored at work, so I now present....

THE FAMOUS MORPHUS TABLE - every mophus in this chart is based on famous people. Other morphi may alter the appearance that these morphi grant, possibly to the point of being unrecognizable.

01-05 CARTOON CHARACTER - The Nightbane looks like a cartoon character. This can be anything from old an black & white character to a very realistic looking Anime character. The nightbane may or may not have a voice similar to the original character's. The nightbane doesn't get any special abilities that the cartoon character may have had, unless those abilities are directly related to the physical appearance. So, a nightbane with wings would be able to fly, but a nightbane based on a character that could summon and control sea creatures would be unable to do so. If the cartoon character had multiple forms or appearances, the nightbane must choose one appearance to base his form on. The character will have to contend with fan-boys and children when in morphus. The GM may rule that other bonuses may apply - use the other charts to base those bonuses on. The GM may also grant other morphi depending on the appearance of the comic book character, or rule that the PC must take other morphi to complete the appearance. At least +2 HF (GM will determine if a higher HF is appropriate). +3d6 SDC.

06-10 COMIC BOOK CHARACTER - The nightbane looks like a comic book character. The nightbane doesn't get any special abilities that the comic book character may have had, unless those abilities are directly related to the physical appearance. So, a nightbane with wings would be able to fly, but a PC based on a character that could summon and control sea creatures would be unable to do so. If the comic book character had multiple forms or appearances, the PC must choose one appearance to base his form on. The character will have to contend with fan-boys and children when in morphus. +3d6 SDC. The GM may rule that other bonuses may apply, use the other charts to base those bonuses on. The GM may also grant other morphi depending on the appearance of the comic book character, or rule that the PC must take other morphi to complete the appearance. At least +2 HF (GM will determine if a higher HF is appropriate). +3d6 SDC.

11-15 FAMOUS ARTWORK - The nightbane looks like a famous work of art. This can be from any visual medium, including sculpture, although the artwork must be similar enough to a person or creature that it can be reasonably expected to be capable of movement. Banes that resemble paintings, will usually look like a person or creature in the painting, and MAY have a canvas-like texture or coloration. +3d6 to SDC if resembling a smooth painting or photograph. +4d6 to SDC if resembling a canvas-like painting, fresco, etc. +4d6 to SDC if resembling a stained glass window. +1d6x10 to SDC if metal or stone, AR 12. The GM may rule that other bonuses may apply, use the other charts to base those bonuses on. At least +1 HF, if recognized. (GM will determine if a higher HF is appropriate)

16-20 ACTOR - The nightbane looks like a famous actor. In most cases, the character will be highly recognizable, at least in certain circles. The nightbane will generally be dressed like a character that the actor has played. The Morphus's voice may sound like the original actor's. The nightbane may have any appearance that the actor has had during their career, but once chosen, will not change. The GM will adjust the morphus's PB, and other bonuses may apply. The morphus will usually be black and white if the actor was famous during the early era of movies or TV. HF 1-6 depending on other morphus traits, and whether the person immulated is dead, or has changed appearance. +1d6 to SDC.

21-25 MUSICIAN - The PC looks like a famous musician. In most cases, the character will be highly recognizable, at least in certain circles. The PC will generally be dressed like the musician during a performance. The Morphus's voice may sound like the original musician's, although the ability to sing or play an instrument is not granted. The nightbane may have any appearance that the musician has had during their career, but once chosen, will not change. The GM will adjust the morphus's PB, and other bonuses may apply. HF 1-6 depending on other morphus traits, and whether the person immulated is dead, or has changed appearance. The GM may grant additional bonuses depending on the appearance of the musician. +1d6 to SDC.

26-30 DEAD CELEBRITY - The PC looks like an iconic dead celebrity. Usually, the PC will have an appearance similar to what the celebrity had close to their time of death, or the most famous appearance of the celebrity. The PC may have a similar voice to the original celebrity, assuming that the celebrity's voice is well known. The PC may be mistaken for the original celebrity by people that don't want to believe that the celebrity died. Nightbane with this morphus may be responsible for the numerous sightings of deceased actors and musicians. +1d6 to SDC. +3 HF (at least).

31-35 POLITICAL OR HISTORICAL FIGURE - The Nightbane looks like a famous figure from history or a political figure. This appearance can be anything from a black activist, a present or previous head of state, a famous general, or a cruel conquerer from ages past. The GM may grant additional bonuses depending on the appearance of the figure. For instance, a Nightbane that looks like Joan of Arc in armor would have additional SDC and an AR of 12. +1d6 SDC. +2 HF (at least).

36-40 VOICE TWIN - The Nightbane's appearane has not changed, but they have the voice of a famous person. If the famous person's voice is not well known (say Napoleon), then the voice sounds like what the Nightbane would have believed the celebrity to have sounded like. There are several Nightbane known to have the voices of Darth Vader or Vincent Price. Some occult experts believe that this may not be a true morphus ability, but rather the Nightbane subconsciously emulating a character. However, most occultists do believe that this is a true morphus trait, considering that many Nightbane emulate voices so well, that they cannot be told from the original voice. However, the voice, although nearly identical, is rarely pass a voice analysis. +2 HF

41-45 MISCELLANEOUS PERFORMER - The Nightbane looks like a performer, that's not an actor, singer, or other covered group. This could be a famous dancer, stand-up comedian, mime, clown, mascot, stage magician, talk show host, or something else. The GM may grant additional bonuses depending on the appearance of the performer. +1-4 HF. +1d6 to SDC

46-50 UNDEAD CELEBRITY - The Nightbane looks like a famous celebrity that has come back from the dead. The Nightbane will often be dressed either as the celebrity was when they died, or what they were buried in. The Nightbane will usually have an appearance similar to what the celebrity had near the time of their death. For instance, a Nightbane that looks like Elvis would look obese, and likely be dressed in a gaudy, rinestone covered jumpsuit. The Nightbane will often look as if they have just climbed out of the grave. They will be covered in dirt, and their clothing will frequently be half rotten. Often, the Nightbane will have similar wounds to celebrities that died violently. The Nightbane must either choose an appropriate stigmata, or the GM will assign one. +4d6 to SDC + the bonuses from the chosen stigmata. +4 to HF

51-55 ANACHRONISTIC - The Nightbane looks like an anonymous person from a previous era. He could look like a 1920's gangster, a spanish conquistador, a medieval knight, a Zulu warrior, or anything else from history for that matter. The GM may assign additional bonuses depending on the appearance. +2d6 to SDC.

56-60 INFAMOUS CRIMINAL - The Nightbane looks like an infamous criminal, either from today, or from a previous era. Al Capone, Jesse James, or Charlie Manson would all be examples of infamous criminals. The Nightbane will typically be dressed like the criminal in question. +2d6 SDC, +1-3 HF

61-65 SPORTS STAR - The Nightbane looks like a famous sports star in their prime, either from today, or from the past. The Nightbane will often wear an outfit associated with the star. The GM may assign additional bonuses for the protective gear that some sports use. +4d6 to SDC, +1-3 HF, depending on whether the Sports Star is dead, or has changed appearance.

66-70 FAMOUS, BUT INAPPROPRIATELY DRESSED - This is a morphus of a famous person that is dressed in an inappropriate manner. This could be a football player in a tutu, a world leader in drag, or Marilyn Manson dressed in a conservative business suit. +2d6 SDC. +1-3 HF

71-75 HATED FAMOUS PERSON - The morphus looks like an infamous person that is hated or feared in the culture or society that the Nightbane lives in, or was raised in. This could be a criminal, a star fallen from grace, a despotic leader, or some sort of bogeyman. +2d6 SDC. +1d6+3 HF in that culture. Note that the hated of one culture might be the beloved of another.

76-80 BODY BUILDER - The Nightbane looks like a body builder during competition. Not only is the Nightbane tall, and hugely muscled, but tanned, oiled, and wearing a skimpy bathing suit. +4 PS, -2 PP, and +30 SDC. +1 or +05% to escape from any hold, grapple, or bonds. +1d4 HF

81-85 RELIGIOUS FIGURE - The Nightbane looks like a religious figure. This can either be an anonymous member of the clergy, a specific person (Pope John Paul II, Mother Teresa, Televangelist, etc.), or a historical or mythical figure from a current or former religion (Martin Luther, Joseph Smith, St. Patrick, Moses, Thor, etc.). +1-12 HF depending on how recognizable the character is, and what other morphus traits the Nightbane has.

86-90 HORROR VILLAIN OR MONSTER - The Nightbane looks like a famous character or monster from the horror genre. This could be Jason Vorhees, Frankenstein, Pinhead, etc. The GM should apply appropriate bonuses or morphus traits to the morphus from other tables. Many Characters from this genre have stigamatas, monstrous appearances, armored forms, wings, or other attributes. The GM may rule that this morphus with its bonuses (depending on the character or monster chosen) is too powerful for many other morphus traits. If this is the case, either reroll, or choose to ignore all other morphus rolls except one. +2d6 SDC. Other bonuses may apply.

90-95 UNIFORMED - The Nightbane is dressed as a police officer, fireman, fast food employee, soldier, surgeon, or in any other highly recognizable uniformed occupation. +1d6 SDC

96-100 - Other, something weird, or player's choice. "Something weird" could be having the head of a celebrity on an otherwise inappropriate body, having a living tattoo of a celebrity, wearing the outfit of a celebrity, etc. The GM will come up with appropriate bonuses and HF.

Enjoy!
Last edited by Stattick on Fri May 05, 2006 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

Nice work. Much better than i expected (and i love the title).

Can you imagine how annoying it would be to play in a group where one character constantly talks like HAL9000 from 2001?
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

Way cool.
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
Stattick
Adventurer

acreRake wrote:Nice work. Much better than i expected

Glad to disappoint! :-D

I was thinking that this chart can be used on occation on a 96-100% roll on the Unearthly Beauty Table in the first book. The PC would be required to choose an attractive famous person.

...Unfortuneatly, since I posted this, I just can't get the image of a John Wayne centaur out of my head. :shock:
Stattick
Adventurer

Undead Christina Ricci, leathergirl. With the black hair. :ok:
BillionSix
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: All I need is a warm bed, a kind word, and unlimited power.

Unread post by BillionSix »

I had this idea of a male Buffy fanboy geek type whose Morphus looks like Sarah Michelle Gellar, and gets made fun of by other Nightbane for it.

Of course, in a couple of centuries, it woudn't be seen as being quite as dorky, assuming the world lasts that long.

Brian
All I need is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power.
Stattick
Adventurer

BillionSix wrote:I had this idea of a male Buffy fanboy geek type whose Morphus looks like Sarah Michelle Gellar, and gets made fun of by other Nightbane for it.

Of course, in a couple of centuries, it woudn't be seen as being quite as dorky, assuming the world lasts that long.

Brian

I almost called this the Fanboy Morphus Table. But I thought that the Famous Morphus Table sounded cooler.
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

Good instinct.

Return to “Nightbane®”