Lyn, Beast Mistress (1e)

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DB 2.0
D-Bee

Lyn, Beast Mistress (1e)

Unread post by DB 2.0 »

Back when Book 7 came out our palladium games had bean on a down turn for about six months (except for rifts that was running on reduced numbers) our GM wanted to re-launch his PFRPG campaign, but didn't want us to have to relearn 1e fantasy with our established characters so after a pick up game he thought he was ready to roll but life prevented the old roaster from reassembling. most of the pick up game characters where killed so he throw together a short campaign to bridge the gap in our seclude till the band was back together.

My character was a female Beastmaster named Lyn, her stats where well above what the GM would allow in a normal campaign and I scored "Mind Mage" on my PSI abilities an other thing the GM disallowed normally, but given the lack of a "Real Priest" and any kind of Wizard the character was let stand given the campaign wasn't expected to last that long.

anyway a few months later the regular campaign had started back up and this one had supplanted the Rifts campaign for the time being, my character continued to get all the Psi powers when she leveled up and despite a bit of turnover with other characters she survived till past level 10 after years of play, the campaign was handed around to a couple of other GM's before getting pack around to the original till it wound down.

anyway after it did I was told by the original GM and one of the others that the general opinion was given the at times improbable feats she preformed and general luck at generation and leveling she was in fact some kind of minor demigod.

we kind of cooked up a doctrine for her, even though she (as yet) has no formal worshipers, she is a god of Beasts (often tied to predatory cats, but any animal) also Veterinarians & Apothecaries. Beastmasters, Shamans & a few Druids in the eastern Yin-Sloth jungles, the Land of the South Winds, Kingdom of Timro and the Floenry Islands honor her in their list of Deities. in these lands some Herdsmen, Veterinarians and Apothecaries trying to curry her favor extend extra charity or favorably rates to traveling Beastmasters, Apothecaries also offer Veterinarians favorable rates & terms to gain her favor (it is believed she will protect them from misfortune in the Laboratory and she may reveal formulas to them). Her doctrine covers most of the "Good" things Charity, Mercy, Fairness, Justus and so on, she dose allow hunting and the slaughtering of domestic animals, but it is conditional, for Hunters unless you are hunting a maddened beast or culling an overpopulated animal you must take only what you need. Slaughter-men must kill the animal as humanly as possible. Always as little of the animal must go to waste and a payer for the animals spirit must be offered up along with the blood of the one doing the killing (a few drops is all that is needed), many also pray for the spirit of the animal they are about to eat a part of when they eat meat. Though she promotes a minimal Meat diet for those are not innately carnivores it is not mandatory (provided you follow her rules on dealing with Meat). Militant & Fundamentalist Vegans suffer her Wrath especially if they turn on those who follow her doctrine on dealing with animals for food and has bean known to send spirit beasts to kill those Vegans who invoke her name wile attacking those who adhere to her food animal doctrine. Also Evangelical Vegans annoy her so few garner her favor, though she dose look kindly on those who keep to Vegan or Vegetarian lifestyles without getting preachy.

she is on good terms with the Parthenon's of Light & the Seven Waters, both have asked her to join and she has turned them down, for the Parthenon of light it's because most of their worshipers are too far removed from the jungles she spends most of her time, for the Seven Waters it's because she dose not see herself as a water deity though a number of her epics take place in the southern seas, she is on poor terms with most of the southern jungle gods, though some of their sects are starting include her in their lists she is not a member. she dose associate with a number of demigods including a divine feathered serpent & a catman demigod.

I turned up one of her later character sheets when looking for some TMNT stuff. the sheets are faded, stained and partially illegible (I'm dyslexic so my hand writing was questionable at best back in the day) I may decode them and post them if folks are interested?
RockJock
Knight

Re: Lyn, Beast Mistress (1e)

Unread post by RockJock »

I know I am coming late to the party, but I would love to see this. We have toyed with this sort of thing before, but never got nearly to the level of a god, just a demigod with followers.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”