Board index » Traversing the Megaverse® » All Things Palladium Books®

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject: Palladium on Facebook
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:13 pm

OLD ONE

We are.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Palladium-Books-Inc/175809969099939/

Discuss. But please, keep it civil.

Thanks.

Wayne Smith
Palladium Books

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:18 pm

Knight

Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain
Good to see up. and about time too.

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:20 pm

Monk

Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.
Good deal. Already have ya marked. :)

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:22 pm

Rifter® Contributer

Comment: J.V. Adams
I posted a link to it on the un-official page.

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:23 pm

Palladin

Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)
Quote:
With the Unofficial Palladium Books Facebook page up, and the main guy behind it working hard to develop the “unofficial” page further, we feel Palladium NEEDS to put up its “official” Palladium Books Facebook page 1-3 months before we planned to do so. As a result, it will be a work in progress.

First Wayne - Awesome it is up :ok: Once you guys get more going on with it with updates and the like I'll take the unofficial page down as it will have served it's purpose of serving the fans with said previous items. So I'll keep an eye for when that happens in order to do so. Again glad to see it up Wayne.

HOWEVER in regards to the above quote (since I didn't get a chanc to post before the thread was locked):

It was NEVER my intention to force ANYONE to do ANYTHING ahead of thier own time table. I only wished to show those that wer arguing that it was not that hard to setup and maintian. NOW I AM frustrated as Kevin has doen exactley what he accused many of us fans doing. He completely speculated as to WHY I did what I did. THAT pisses me off I am sorry to say.

Oh and I have "liked" the page as well.

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, AIM - icesith1, MSN Messenger - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, ICQ - 127915633, Yahoo Messenger - demonjames666, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

MIAFI :D

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:37 pm

Palladin

Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.
Good work Wayne. It is great that you guys finally have an official presence on Facebook. I sent out invites, and likeded it already myself. Thanks for getting that link out there.

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:38 pm

Priest

Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis
Well unless I get my bag of cash apparently I can't be happy. :p

Daniel Stoker

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:41 pm

Palladium Books® Staff

Ahh, I've seen better :P

Alex Marciniszyn

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:10 pm

Adventurer

Love it. I esp like the profile pic, that artwork is one of my favorites.

That is the call of the deep doo-doo bird. I must fly!

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:16 pm

D-Bee

Comment: Self proclaimed Devils Advocate
Jaymz, wither your intention or not, some of the posts in the previous thread were down right combative towards Palladium Books. Specifically the second post in that thread things were said like "...but that just shows they don't know what they are dealing with..", "There is no 'working towads that goal'", and "I showed you can just go do it with minimal time and effort and be done with it."

As Damian pointed out in that thread to you, the tone inflicted with those statements set up that you, were in fact, rubbing their noses into it, that it was easier done than said. I very well know that was not your intention, however it took me conversing with you over the course of an entire evening to come to that conclusion.

I do not wish to sound like I am trying to side with every word spoken by Palladium Books. It is clearly established that I am not a fan of the company per say, but intrigued by what they are doing, and attempting to do. My support for the company grows more with each day, but at this juncture I am still attempting to remain as objective as possible.

In your defense, I do believe that there were some things said that were out of context, and hurtful. I can see where you are upset, and have every right to be so. However, there is little that can be done to correct misunderstandings like this, save for level headed discussion. We had a very good conversation in the last thread, and I hope that you can do so again in attempts to resolve this with Palladium Books. You have proven to be a fan a step above, and I hope that your view of the company is not permanently marred by this.

Sureshot wrote:

Sureshot? Sounds more like Cheapshot.
Warning: User warned for flaming / trolling / name calling. -NMI

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:19 pm

Palladin

sidious_snake wrote:
Jaymz, wither your intention or not, some of the posts in the previous thread were down right combative towards Palladium Books. Specifically the second post in that thread things were said like "...but that just shows they don't know what they are dealing with..", "There is no 'working towads that goal'", and "I showed you can just go do it with minimal time and effort and be done with it."

As Damian pointed out in that thread to you, the tone inflicted with those statements set up that you, were in fact, rubbing their noses into it, that it was easier done than said. I very well know that was not your intention, however it took me conversing with you over the course of an entire evening to come to that conclusion.

I do not wish to sound like I am trying to side with every word spoken by Palladium Books. It is clearly established that I am not a fan of the company per say, but intrigued by what they are doing, and attempting to do. My support for the company grows more with each day, but at this juncture I am still attempting to remain as objective as possible.

In your defense, I do believe that there were some things said that were out of context, and hurtful. I can see where you are upset, and have every right to be so. However, there is little that can be done to correct misunderstandings like this, save for level headed discussion. We had a very good conversation in the last thread, and I hope that you can do so again in attempts to resolve this with Palladium Books. You have proven to be a fan a step above, and I hope that your view of the company is not permanently marred by this.

Sureshot wrote:

Sureshot? Sounds more like Cheapshot.

I won't be permanently marred by any meas Snake, thank you. I had in fact spoken with Alex via PM's today about posting some images with links back to the Palladium store and had in fact gotten permission to use some images for themain book of each game line. I have in turn now decided not to do that since with the official pageup it woudl be disrespectful. I appreciate the kind words and thank you.

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, AIM - icesith1, MSN Messenger - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, ICQ - 127915633, Yahoo Messenger - demonjames666, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:21 pm

Palladin

Damian Magecraft wrote:
Sureshot wrote:

could not not just go with just a Kudo's Could you?
It is no wonder you are a magnet for attacks.

Guys, not just you Damian it;s just your post I am using as an example, let's not do this here or anywhere. They have an Official Facebook page up. It is good to seeit. Let us leave it at that shall we?

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:22 pm

Champion

Damian Magecraft wrote:
Sureshot wrote:

I believe he was being sarcastic!

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:30 pm

Palladin

Shinitenshi wrote:
Damian Magecraft wrote:
Sureshot wrote:

As i said above let;snot get something going that needent be started. They have an official page and we shodl all be happy about it and let bygones be bygones.

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:32 pm

Adventurer

jaymz wrote:
Damian Magecraft wrote:
Sureshot wrote:

Guys, not just you Damian it;s just your post I am using as an example, let's not do this here or anywhere. They have an Official Facebook page up. It is good to seeit. Let us leave it at that shall we?

well said.

That is the call of the deep doo-doo bird. I must fly!

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:36 pm

Knight

Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith
Shinitenshi wrote:
Damian Magecraft wrote:
Sureshot wrote:

What sarcasm?
I for one am sick and tired of posters ********, *******, and moaning that Pally does not do X, or did not do Y, and then when Pally does do X or Y the same posters *****, ****, and moan that it still was not enough.

I have more to say but I in my current state of mind cannot express without crossing lines I am rather proud to have never crossed before.

It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:38 pm

Hero

It's nice to see that things have not changed on these boards since I've been away...(that was sarcasm in case anyone didn't know)

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:41 pm

Knight

Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!
Got the notice about it from the Un-Official page & already Liked the Official page.

Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:07 pm

OLD ONE

Comment: PROUDLY Not a member of the "Cabal of 24"
Since people could not seem to be civil, this thread is locked.
Warnings will be dealt out soon.

"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
Palladium Books 2015 Robotech RPG Tactics Tournament Rules

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.